Rolling Blood or Unholy Blight for Frost/Unholy

So I just started playing my Death Knight (which is my new main on returning to the game) after all the talent changes. I don't know if this has been brought up before but I'll go ahead.

From what I've read on most guides, Rolling Blood is considered pointless for PVE. Now I know as Frost, Blood Runes get converted to Death Runes so its a waste to use a Death Rune on Rolling Blood which uses a Blood Rune. However, considering Pestilence uses a Blood Rune as well for spreading our diseases, doesn't it make sense to take Rolling Blood in the first tier?

I have not tried Unholy so may not know much about it, but shouldn't the reasoning be the same?

10+ Year Old Account
    Situational talents, really situational. For a general order

AoE;

Frost is Unholy Blight > Plague Leech > Roiling Blood
    Unholy is Roiling Blood > Unholy Blight > Plague Leech

Single target;

Frost is Plague Leech > Unholy Blight > Roiling Blood
    Unholy is Plague Leech > Unholy Blight > Roiling Blood

Don't let the guides tell you otherwise, Roiling Blood is absolutely fantastic for Unholy AoE, especially after the changes to reaping and plague strike.

The reason on it being worse for Frost is that you lose out on a Howling Blast for using that rune on Blood Boil, when instead you could of AoE applied BP with Unholy blight with absolutely no costs except a GCD
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Deleted
    You don't use blood boil as frost so rolling blood is pointless. Unholy blight is a solid choice for aoe disease spreading or just to act as a free outbreak. Plague leech is the best talent in terms of single target DPS increase but you only use it once a min with 2h frost anyway. It's more useful as DW but I won't go into the specifics here.

I personally love rolling blood for unholy it's pointless single target but allows quick disease spreading in any multi-target encounters where you're not worried about keeping buffed diseases rolling.

unholy:
    - for aoe fights use rolling blood
    - for single target fights use unholy blight
    - there is no point in taking plague leech for unholy as you are extending the duration of your diseases with festering strike

frost:
    - plague leech for single target fights
    - unholy blight for aoe fights
    - no point in using rolling blood as frost since you don't use blood boil for aoe

Personally I just use unholy blight for single and multi target frost, for a free disease refresh, since the dps boost from plague leech is very minimal. it's whatever you want to use, just for frost I wouldn't recommend roiling blood, since you never blood boil. for unholy, in AoE situations take roiling blood since you spam blood boil as UH, single target I would still take unholy blight for the free refresh, but that's just me

Deleted
    For Blood and Unholy specs Rolling Blood is too good to pass up since both use BB as primary aoe.

Plague Leech is a dps increase on single target but I find it too awkward to bother with, For frost I'd recommend UH Blight as well.

Quote Originally Posted by vmagik View Post
    You don't use blood boil as frost so rolling blood is pointless. Unholy blight is a solid choice for aoe disease spreading or just to act as a free outbreak. Plague leech is the best talent in terms of single target DPS increase but you only use it once a min with 2h frost anyway. It's more useful as DW but I won't go into the specifics here.

I personally love rolling blood for unholy it's pointless single target but allows quick disease spreading in any multi-target encounters where you're not worried about keeping buffed diseases rolling.
    Why not go into specifics? Highly guarded elitist secret? Pshaw. Try being helpful.

You can basically use Plague Leech on cooldown when more than 1 mob has your diseases. After using Plague Leech, swap to another mob and use Pestilence, Presto!

Optimally you're going to be switching mobs occasionally anyway to keep their stacks of frost vulnerability up, why not get a free rune to use with your Pestilence?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

Quote Originally Posted by DarthMetatron View Post
    You can basically use Plague Leech on cooldown when more than 1 mob has your diseases. After using Plague Leech, swap to another mob and use Pestilence, Presto!
    Plague leech has has a 25 second cool down, so had little to no use on multiple mobs.

Quote Originally Posted by Revenantparadigm View Post
    Plague leech has has a 25 second cool down, so had little to no use on multiple mobs.
    Blood Plague has a 30 second timer. Oh Snap?
    --------------------------------------------------
    Sathir, Dreadlord of Greenmist
    AKA Bigokk from FFXI

Read My Lips: No New Content -Mike Morhaime, 2016 US Presidential Candidate
    WWCGD (What Would Ghostcrawler Do)? Unsub.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DarthMetatron View Post
    Why not go into specifics? Highly guarded elitist secret? Pshaw. Try being helpful.

Optimally you're going to be switching mobs occasionally anyway to keep their stacks of frost vulnerability up, why not get a free rune to use with your Pestilence?
    I usually try to be helpful, was just writing it on my phone on the way to work - not a highly guarded secret, just couldn't be arsed... Seeing as you asked, it's to do with 2H's runes all having pretty equal value (obliterate) whereas, for DW unholy runes are pretty meh. As DW you can use PL to swap unholy runes for death runes - giving you more howling blasts, same goes for blood tap.

That's all, chill your boots!