[Frost] Pet freeze not apply FoF

Is anyone else experiencing this problem? It's mainly been in the ToT raid i believe. I'm surely hitting my target(s), however, FoF is not being applied by pet freeze. Sometimes it works, most of the time it seems not to. Was there a change I may be unaware of? Thanks.

On targets that cant be frozen you wont get a FoF procc, was change in the patch

Quote Originally Posted by Gronors View Post
    On targets that cant be frozen you wont get a FoF procc, was change in the patch
    I figured that's what it was, i guess i missed the note. That's depressing. :\

10+ Year Old Account
    There was other changes made to compensate. It's not really that bad. Frost is in a good place right now.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    SSD: Samsung 830 256GB PSU: Corsair AX850 CASE: Corsair 800D
    Armory

Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    There was other changes made to compensate. It's not really that bad. Frost is in a good place right now.
    It's just a little piece of the rotation i've personally always enjoyed. Aiming, lol.

So, this was a change, now I'll never use it again on single boss fights. Was it really that strong? To have a single FoF every 25 seconds?

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 01:14 PM ----------

I really need to start reading patch notes. =/

10+ Year Old Account
    It gave us some extra burst damage and helped smooth out bad rng streaks. We rely completely on frostbolt for FoF procs now.
    MB: Asus Maximus V Extreme CPU: 3770k@4.5Ghz custom water loop GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 RAM: Corsair 4x4GB 1600Mhz 7-8-8-24
    Armory

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by jtmzac View Post
    It gave us some extra burst damage and helped smooth out bad rng streaks. We rely completely on frostbolt for FoF procs now.
    And Frost bomb.

It is still extremely useful to have it bound. There are fights with rootable adds, and can be used to generate FoF. Just be careful not to freeze these in a fashion that would insta-gib a raid member. Always freeze them when the tank is in range and has them aggroed.

Basilisk's in Horridon (sadly no other mobs are freezable that I can recall.)
    Loa Spirit/Sand Eles in Council
    Bats in Tortos
    Lei Shen's lightning adds
    Various trash

Just off the top of my head.

Quote Originally Posted by Hinalover View Post
    And Frost bomb.
    And there's that other Frost spell too.... it begins with Frost... wait wait almost got it.

Frostfire bolt and frost bomb do not generate FoF procs.

The three bombs give you Brain freeze procs for Frostfire bolts

Only three things give FoF procs, Pets freeze, pets frostbolt and your frostbolt.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post

Only three things give FoF procs, Pets freeze, pets frostbolt and your frostbolt.
    Frost orb ?

Frozen Orb :P

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm pretty sure we talked about this before and waterbolt doesn't generate FoF charges. It's just frostbolt, frozen orb and freeze.
    Armory

Herald of the Titans Kuni Zyrekai's Avatar
    15+ Year Old Account
    FFB generates. Not sure what you guys are talking about.

Your successful Frostbolts, Frostfire Bolts and Frozen Orb hits have a 15% chance and your Blizzard ticks have a 5% chance, to grant you the Fingers of Frost effect. Not that hard people.

(Separate but related, bombs are the ones that proc Brain Freeze, 100% frostbomb, 25% per tick of LB, 9% per tick of NT).

Now can we close the thread or shall we leave it up to prevent another: "why wont pet freeze generate charges" post from appearing. Its like no one reads patch notes anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by alucardtnuoc View Post

Water bolt (from the pet) does NOT proc FoF.

FFB (from BF or otherwise) DOES proc FoF.