Thread: Addons help?

10+ Year Old Account

Addons help?

For some reason my game is just not registering addons. Now let me say ive had addons on my old computer, tons of em I know how to do it. But on my new system in game at character screen I get no addons button at the bottom. I have uninstalled and re installed and still nothing. I just put put some on my brothers computer just fine. I am completely confused anyone got any help?

Deleted
    OS and install location?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    For some reason my game is just not registering addons. Now let me say ive had addons on my old computer, tons of em I know how to do it. But on my new system in game at character screen I get no addons button at the bottom. I have uninstalled and re installed and still nothing. I just put put some on my brothers computer just fine. I am completely confused anyone got any help?
    whats install location

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 04:14 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Treeston View Post
    OS and install location?
    whats install location? windows 7

Deleted
    The directory that WoW is in. If you right-click the shortcut on your desktop and choose "Open file location", you should be able to find out what it points to.

10+ Year Old Account
    its under program files x86

For Windows Vista and Windows 7:
    WoW (and its respective addon folder) is installed in one of two places. Either in C:\Public\Game\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addon, or C:\Program Files\World of Warcraft\Interface\Addon. Should you have the 64 bit version of either OS, it will be in Program Files(x86).

Even easier is download the Curse Client and it will install and update your addons for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cuzzin View Post
    its under program files x86
    Try moving it out of there. C:\World of Warcraft should be fine, as is C:\Games\World of Warcraft (or any other location not in Program Files, really). Windows since Vista has just been really picky about allowing file modification in Program Files.