Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Deleted
    you 1man heal content as a resto druid ?? I guess you based on good dps to finish fights quicker but still looks strange to 1 man heal tot.

10+ Year Old Account
    I heard the words, "LFR" and "Priests and Paladins are topping the meters" and giggled a lot.
    Tiriél US-Stormrage

Signature by Shyama

Quote Originally Posted by wow2011 View Post
    Imo, resto druid is the strongest healer for a 1 to 2 heal setup.
    Not even close. The strongest combo right now is Disc + Paladin for 90% of the fights out there. Druids, shamans, and MW are basically sitting in the shadows of these two healing classes. Not only do priests and paladins have considerably more utility than the other classes, they are also the only classes that bring absorbs, which is a lifesaver on difficult encounters.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think I'm done with this class, and probably the game. It sucks not being to play what I want and being beaten by mindless holy paladins and disc priests. Least desirable healing, shit utility, and awkward mushrooms. What's the point?

You are very desirable in rbgs... but pve? It sucks relying on your raid to not bring the best two healing classes so that you can be useful. Especially in 10m where hpally + disc priest can carry the raid with the disc priest putting out DPS on top of great healing.
    Last edited by Blackflag421; 2013-03-29 at 01:04 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trying to find my place with my healing team has been a unique challenge this expansion and I can honestly say I've been disappointed at how lackluster my performance feels at the end of the night. Raiding 25s, it sucks to look through logs and see that the same effort results in 10% less overall healing at the end of the fight. It was true in tier 14, and while I felt like I shined through the first week of tier 15, it remains true now. My overhealing... is horrendous. Horridon makes me cringe.

Our healing roster fluctuates from night to night, from one fight to the next, based on the needs of the group and the needs of the healers. Our healing bench consists of three paladins, two and a half shaman, a monk, a priest, and me. The fight and my partners in crime definitely make a difference on the end result, but so long as people are surviving and my guildmates want my Tranquility and my competence, who am I to complain?

As long as you have the players to progress with min/maxing your healing you're fine. If they were to min/max however they could easily replace you and the 2.5 Shaman with a couple Priests and be much stronger for it. I'm sure everybody has seen the same thing I have, guilds are recruiting Priests, Pallies and the occasional Monk. It sounds like you don't have to worry about that but I feel sorry for any Resto Druids looking for a guild these days.

I think the biggest problem with resto druids is that they bring nothing compared to a balance druid.. A little stronger tranquility, but not by far because a balance druid will most of the time have more spell power than a resto druid.

while it's not an ultimate measure of healing performance, a lot of ppl still look at meters to judge your game, I just ran on my resto druid in a pug with hpaly and disc and it looked embarrassing on meters, going to do my first raid in a 25m guild this week and already know what meters are going to show. It's just not fair.

Quote Originally Posted by Druover View Post
    *wall of bla bla*
    And I love the post above complaining about shields vs hots, then finishing by saying he always destroys the pally in healing. Please blizz, let me destroy everybody even more. ???????????
    I kinda know that one was directly planted on me, I didn't know I had to draw pictures in order for somone (in this case you), to understand how difficult it is for a druid to outheal a paladin these days. All I was saying was that I'm pushing my manapool to the absolute breakingpoint to even compare my heals to his absorbs (and even at that point the paladin is still at 85+% mana while I'm going oom), and usually when I'm able to outheal him, it's either because he dies or because I got very lucky with a Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch = 400+k hit if I'm lucky. But I hope my explenation was enough for you to get the picture.

10+ Year Old Account
    Wild Mushroom: Bloom is rdruids burst spell and it can heal a massive amout for the mana used, the real problems with Wild Mushrooms are the charge up time and getting people to learn to use them, holy priests had the same problem with lightwell till Blizz changed it to lightspring and people no longer had to click for the heal, tanks need to move to the shroons, druids I see in LFRs and normal are dropping them in a bunch...they have a 8 yard range spread them out some......
    i also agree mushrooms are rather useless now, the 3x GCDs is a real bother sometimes, and it causes me to not use them cause i simply dont have time to spend the 3x gcds on them.
    a 1 sec GCD, of all rdruids instant cast spells Wild Mushroom is the shortest, you can drop 3 shroons in the same time it takes for a rejuv and a swiftmend and for the healing they give for the mana used its well worth your time to LEARN how to find the time to make use of Wild Mushroom:Bloom.

Do I think Wild Mushrooms are the best they can be...HELL NO... and I hope it doesn't take as long for Blizz to find a fix as it did for lightwell lol, but Wild Mushroom is another tool in our toolbox that we just need to learn to use effectively.

Quote Originally Posted by BaP View Post
    Wild Mushroom: Bloom is rdruids burst spell and it can heal a massive amout for the mana used, the real problems with Wild Mushrooms are the charge up time and getting people to learn to use them, holy priests had the same problem with lightwell till Blizz changed it to lightspring and people no longer had to click for the heal, tanks need to move to the shroons, druids I see in LFRs and normal are dropping them in a bunch...they have a 8 yard range spread them out some...... a 1 sec GCD, of all rdruids instant cast spells Wild Mushroom is the shortest, you can drop 3 shroons in the same time it takes for a rejuv and a swiftmend and for the healing they give for the mana used its well worth your time to LEARN how to find the time to make use of Wild Mushroom:Bloom.

Do I think Wild Mushrooms are the best they can be...HELL NO... and I hope it doesn't take as long for Blizz to find a fix as it did for lightwell lol, but Wild Mushroom is another tool in our toolbox that we just need to learn to use effectively.
    Wild mushrooms are already good except you have to blow a decent amount of mana if you need to charge them up in a hurry. The problem is shields. Resto Druids take the biggest hit but they are problematic or every class that doesn't have shields. They have also further decreased the level of play, a lot of DPS don't even try to avoid damage any more unless you're doing a heroic since they never notice the damage unless it is the 1 shot variety.

Quote Originally Posted by Neliah View Post
    I kinda know that one was directly planted on me, I didn't know I had to draw pictures in order for somone (in this case you), to understand how difficult it is for a druid to outheal a paladin these days. All I was saying was that I'm pushing my manapool to the absolute breakingpoint to even compare my heals to his absorbs (and even at that point the paladin is still at 85+% mana while I'm going oom), and usually when I'm able to outheal him, it's either because he dies or because I got very lucky with a Nature's Swiftness + Healing Touch = 400+k hit if I'm lucky. But I hope my explenation was enough for you to get the picture.
    No, Neliah, you dont need to draw pictures. I dont think this is kindergarten. It was just funny to me that someone would spend a paragraph complaining how resto druids aren't as good as pallys and priests. Then you followed that up by saying you always beat your pally. You are either eluding I guess to that your pally is awful or that you are awesome. I'm guessing you are just awesome

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Just healed the 10 man version of the new raid with a holy paladin. First two bosses, which is progression for us. Absolutely dominated on trash, on bosses. Garbage class is garbage. I'd play a holy paladin in heartbeat if I didn't find them absolutely brainless and mind-numbing.

It's just stupid the difference absorbs make.

I am at such a loss on my resto druid. Every time I look at meters I feel sick when I see paladins and priests at the top. Sometimes they don't even have the gear, yet they are there. I look at over healing and my over healing is off the charts because of absorbs. In raids my class is useless. Why take a resto druid over any other class?

The other day I did an LFR (I know LFR does not count for much, but still) with a geared Disc Priest, dude did 54k heals and 80k damage. What the fuck?

I continue to play my druid because I love healing as a druid, but the more I look at the charts, the more I realize how useless my class is. The last thing I want to do is re-roll to a Paladin or Priest, but here I am running dungeons for BoA gear for a Paladin. How sad is this? It is really depressing.

Is this what healing has turned into? Where all you need a 2 Priest, 2 Holy Paladin's and the rest are fodder classes? Shamans are getting a 20% buff soon so why take any other class? I am so angry that I just don't care anymore. This fucking game.

I feel the same way =/ even though this thread is old. and people say "meters don't matter" they do.. i don't want to be number 1. but i also want to feel like im accomplishing something other than overhealing. they need to fire whoever is responsible for Resto druids and hire someone else who gives a fuck about us.

Made by Visenna, TY<3

I am constantly getting upset at the 2 holy pallies and disc priest in my raids. I find myself #1 or #2 on most fights in healing done and HPS. I ranked 50th on the first ToT boss last night by goofing off and rejuv spamming since he is on farm. They defend that they are doing about the same healing as I am. But that is the problem. They should be doing significantly more than I am. Our progression fights I am still #1 or #2 and it feels weird telling them they are messing up since they are not out healing me by a wide margin.

Mushrooms are useful if used right. They are clunky and a pain to try to set while shit is hitting the fan. But once you learn the fights you can do it.

I know this thread is meant to be a useless qq thread but I being the awesome person that I am not will atempt to educate you. No I'm not going to post a bunch of logs and tell you that I'm better than you I'm going to give some little tips and tricks that I have either picked up or made up during the course of TOT progression and I may also make some suggestions on how to tweak the druid toolkit to compete better with absorb healers.

First off I hear way too much talk on how useless shrooms are. Why are they useless? Planning ahead is one thing and I'm not just talking pre-pull. Know where your raid likes to stand. Every raid a is a little different but if nothing else there is always a big stack point where the melee tend to stand. Unless your raid is doing something wrong you probably have at least a little down time in each fight were you tend to sit with your thumb up your but until its time to spam those rejuvs and regrowths again. By jam your thumb up your butt I meen your probably refreshing a bloom with a ooc proc or just generally not doing much. I recommend that if you feel you don't do this that you fraps one of your boss kills and watch the video. It may feel like one frantic button mash but when you can slow down and watch it play out your realize how much downtime you actually have. So if you use that time to set up your shrooms most fights have some mechanic that makes them at least passingly useful.

A few Examples.
    On Jin'Rohk place your pre-pull shrooms either on the melee if you make a lot of use of shrooms or what I often to is put them in the front left position so when the tank gets thrown they are in place on the raid. Now another little trick is before the pull throw rejuvs on the whole raid to buff up your shrooms. You can even make lude comments in vent "Look and that mushroomhead grow" Now in heroic he pulses a big aoe on the raid shortly after the first throw. It's very easy hit your shrooms and snipe all that healing from the annoying disc priest who is smiting or the hpal.

Horridon
    Now this is a great fight to be a druid. Lots of extra utility in this one. Once again this fight is very easy to know where to place the shrooms your groups tend to stack up in each gate. If you are doing this fight in heroic shrooms are a life saver when it comes to dire call. I am so seriously GCD capped that at some of the points in this fight that the utility from the shrooms has saved more than one raid member from untimely death. I know there is movement in the fight you just have to know when to pop the shrooms. You go from stack point to stack point at the gates then you stack in the middle for the burn phase.

Council isn't as good for shrooming. I will admit that the movements can seem pretty random but these fights are actually in the minority. and you can still use them to your advantage in the fight just by having them down.

Tortos is'nt so much about the stacking and its a little random like council but its a burst healing fight. If you space the shroom out right you get strong healing on at least 3 group members in 10man.

Magera
    What more could you ask for than a short cooldown aoe burst heal on magera. She is nice enough to give you time to build up your shrooms to full effect then make your raid stack for you. shrooms are money on that fight.

Ji'kun
    If your platform healing pretty much the same thing as magera. lets you build em up and blow em up. Gives your raid a good visual for a stack point without even using the lucky charms.

On Durumu I'll be honest. I hardly use them. but I hardly heal on durumu. I usually sit back and let the holy pally flex his epeen. I heart of the wild and dps just because I find the fight to be boring. I heal only in the beams or if somebody fucks up in the maze. This goes for primordious too. I just find him to be and extension of the trash.

On Dark Animus they can either be good or they can sit there useless theres a lot of RNG movement in that fight and I have seen it go both ways. Shrooms are always good for an insta heal on a single person too if you place them too the middle and wait for a swap.

Iron Qon they are awesome again. Atleast in p1 its an insta heal to one full soak group and it keeps its utility fairly well throughout the fight. In the last phase its really nice if you saved some shrooms its usually enough to delay your big cds one more pulse round.

Twin consorts omg yet another big aoe fight with constant damage and not much raid movement. I love that fight because I rank on it on WOL every week.

Lei shen too Shrooms are amazing in this fight. You just need to know where to put them. If you tell me there is no down time in this fight to place your shrooms I'll slap you.

So all this complaining about a very useful tool in 9/12 fights? You guys are whining about the wrong issues. I know absorbs op atm. Everyone else knows that too. Blizz knows it even if they don't admit it outright. The biggest problem outside of tuning the absorbs in my mind balancing out healer dps. This is Blizzes own fault. They made tanks heal and healers dps this xpac and they are paying for it in terms of raid balance. Druids and Shamans I'm not sure about Monks need something for the down time. You know what I meen. If you have a Disc filling all the gap heals during a low damage phase and still need another healer or 2 for the big bursty phases what do the other healers do? Personally when I'm already set for the bursty phases I use wrath and moonfire to add a little dps. If I HOTW on the pull with an int pot and a lust My DPS looks awesome for about 1minute. then it drops and drops and before long the disc priest is shitting on it while still healing. What I want to see is a big buff to wrath/lightning bolt either giving it some stored healing or mana regen or something that makes it worth the cast. It's not quite as big of an issue on hardmodes. The sitting and waiting but on normals I go insane sometimes watching the meters. I hate mechanics that require twice the work with a quarter of the pay off. I say that because you have to work to keep your hots up while wrathing and mf its easy but not as easy as smite spam and it has no healing pay off other than adding nearly unnoticable dps to the fight.

This really got into my head back on progression for heroic Lei shi. When the disc was doing 70k hps and stealing all the easy phase heals while me and our resto shammy struggled for the left-overs. It's wrong to get beaten by a smart heal that procs of of a dps spell that you can spam with 2 buttons. Then focus your attention on adding dps only to be shit on there too.

Beastest, first off, that was a great post! Appreciate the tips on mushrooms

Second, it sounds like someone needs to talk to your raid leader. You are on progression Heroic Lei'Shen and they bring a resto druid to the group??? I mean, resto druids are awful, can't do anything, groups should just be stacking priests and H palys, the sky is falling, hell is freezing over, didn't all the restos reroll????.... Your group must just not know what they are doing. Oh wait, you've taken time to learn how to effectively place mushrooms? And you're ranking on logs? From reading this thread, I just assumed a 460 i lvl disc priest would beat a 510 ilvl resto druid. How are you ranking. impossible!!!

Above paragraph was obviously sarcasm. Thank you for a voice of reason post. Your comments about the dps difference are very valid, but resto druids can still heal effectively if played right.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Beastest View Post
    I know this thread is meant to be a useless qq thread but I being the awesome person that I am not will atempt to educate you. No I'm not going to post a bunch of logs and tell you that I'm better than you I'm going to give some little tips and tricks that I have either picked up or made up during the course of TOT progression and I may also make some suggestions on how to tweak the druid toolkit to compete better with absorb healers.

First off I hear way too much talk on how useless shrooms are. Why are they useless? Planning ahead is one thing and I'm not just talking pre-pull. Know where your raid likes to stand. Every raid a is a little different but if nothing else there is always a big stack point where the melee tend to stand. Unless your raid is doing something wrong you probably have at least a little down time in each fight were you tend to sit with your thumb up your but until its time to spam those rejuvs and regrowths again. By jam your thumb up your butt I meen your probably refreshing a bloom with a ooc proc or just generally not doing much. I recommend that if you feel you don't do this that you fraps one of your boss kills and watch the video. It may feel like one frantic button mash but when you can slow down and watch it play out your realize how much downtime you actually have. So if you use that time to set up your shrooms most fights have some mechanic that makes them at least passingly useful.

A few Examples.
    On Jin'Rohk place your pre-pull shrooms either on the melee if you make a lot of use of shrooms or what I often to is put them in the front left position so when the tank gets thrown they are in place on the raid. Now another little trick is before the pull throw rejuvs on the whole raid to buff up your shrooms. You can even make lude comments in vent "Look and that mushroomhead grow" Now in heroic he pulses a big aoe on the raid shortly after the first throw. It's very easy hit your shrooms and snipe all that healing from the annoying disc priest who is smiting or the hpal.

Horridon
    Now this is a great fight to be a druid. Lots of extra utility in this one. Once again this fight is very easy to know where to place the shrooms your groups tend to stack up in each gate. If you are doing this fight in heroic shrooms are a life saver when it comes to dire call. I am so seriously GCD capped that at some of the points in this fight that the utility from the shrooms has saved more than one raid member from untimely death. I know there is movement in the fight you just have to know when to pop the shrooms. You go from stack point to stack point at the gates then you stack in the middle for the burn phase.

Council isn't as good for shrooming. I will admit that the movements can seem pretty random but these fights are actually in the minority. and you can still use them to your advantage in the fight just by having them down.

Tortos is'nt so much about the stacking and its a little random like council but its a burst healing fight. If you space the shroom out right you get strong healing on at least 3 group members in 10man.

Magera
    What more could you ask for than a short cooldown aoe burst heal on magera. She is nice enough to give you time to build up your shrooms to full effect then make your raid stack for you. shrooms are money on that fight.

Ji'kun
    If your platform healing pretty much the same thing as magera. lets you build em up and blow em up. Gives your raid a good visual for a stack point without even using the lucky charms.

On Durumu I'll be honest. I hardly use them. but I hardly heal on durumu. I usually sit back and let the holy pally flex his epeen. I heart of the wild and dps just because I find the fight to be boring. I heal only in the beams or if somebody fucks up in the maze. This goes for primordious too. I just find him to be and extension of the trash.

On Dark Animus they can either be good or they can sit there useless theres a lot of RNG movement in that fight and I have seen it go both ways. Shrooms are always good for an insta heal on a single person too if you place them too the middle and wait for a swap.

Iron Qon they are awesome again. Atleast in p1 its an insta heal to one full soak group and it keeps its utility fairly well throughout the fight. In the last phase its really nice if you saved some shrooms its usually enough to delay your big cds one more pulse round.

Twin consorts omg yet another big aoe fight with constant damage and not much raid movement. I love that fight because I rank on it on WOL every week.

Lei shen too Shrooms are amazing in this fight. You just need to know where to put them. If you tell me there is no down time in this fight to place your shrooms I'll slap you.

So all this complaining about a very useful tool in 9/12 fights? You guys are whining about the wrong issues. I know absorbs op atm. Everyone else knows that too. Blizz knows it even if they don't admit it outright. The biggest problem outside of tuning the absorbs in my mind balancing out healer dps. This is Blizzes own fault. They made tanks heal and healers dps this xpac and they are paying for it in terms of raid balance. Druids and Shamans I'm not sure about Monks need something for the down time. You know what I meen. If you have a Disc filling all the gap heals during a low damage phase and still need another healer or 2 for the big bursty phases what do the other healers do? Personally when I'm already set for the bursty phases I use wrath and moonfire to add a little dps. If I HOTW on the pull with an int pot and a lust My DPS looks awesome for about 1minute. then it drops and drops and before long the disc priest is shitting on it while still healing. What I want to see is a big buff to wrath/lightning bolt either giving it some stored healing or mana regen or something that makes it worth the cast. It's not quite as big of an issue on hardmodes. The sitting and waiting but on normals I go insane sometimes watching the meters. I hate mechanics that require twice the work with a quarter of the pay off. I say that because you have to work to keep your hots up while wrathing and mf its easy but not as easy as smite spam and it has no healing pay off other than adding nearly unnoticable dps to the fight.

This really got into my head back on progression for heroic Lei shi. When the disc was doing 70k hps and stealing all the easy phase heals while me and our resto shammy struggled for the left-overs. It's wrong to get beaten by a smart heal that procs of of a dps spell that you can spam with 2 buttons. Then focus your attention on adding dps only to be shit on there too.
    While it's quite lovely that you've found a way to make a, frankly, broken tool work for you, but sadly, I'm not a masochist. I'd rather have a car that works well and gets me from point A to point C, rather than a car that I have to tweak a hundred different ways just to get to point B, still falling short of C.

I would still rather bring a paladin or a priest healer and have some leeway along with effortless healing from absorbs, than a resto druid that requires near perfect play, clairvoyance, and having the rest of the raid to jump through hoops for you so you can maximize your own healing. Who else has to deal with that? Priests used to with lightwell, and it was fixed. Now, I'm not anti-complexity. I want interesting gameplay. But mushrooms aren't interesting or cool, they're just frustrating.

Priests and paladins still bring more healing, more utility, and in the case of disc priests, more dps.