Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Just hit 58. Prot pally. heirloomed up. PuG dungeons or quest to 80?

Just wondering if I should just hit dungeon after dungeon till Im 80 or if I should just purely quest (and do dungeon quests obviously).
    Like I said, I am loomed up and a tank, so queues are instant.
    Quote Originally Posted by xannax2780 View Post
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

are you sure the queues are instant ? for the outland dungeons i get a faster (if not instant) invites as dd and have to wait 20 min as a tank
    besides that dungeons are probably easier if you got max lvl players running rampage in outland an murdering everything in sight (again my personal experience so maybe not the same on your realm / CRZ)

Well I am on a pve server thank god, so theres not much of that. Only a few jackasses here and there.

But assuming the queues are instant...
    It's called balancing.
    Maybe you should try balancing the large cup of QQ in your left hand with a big mug of STFU in your right.
    Just sayn'

10+ Year Old Account
    If you want to get camped by 90s or anybody a lot higher than you in levels then by all means quest away lol Dungeon queing within Org/SW is a lot safer lol I don't even quest until I get to Pandaria because at least that's not crz......not yet that is.....

But assuming the queues are instant...
    then dungeons :P the questing in outland is so boring and slow compared to 1-60.... at least for me

2 minutes and 30 seconds in queue...Area 52 US which is like majority horde by FAR. I feel unloved hahaha.

But is questing still faster than dungeons at 68?

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 06:41 PM ----------

7 minutes.... o.O
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

Quote Originally Posted by calinass View Post
    2 minutes and 30 seconds in queue...Area 52 US which is like majority horde by FAR. I feel unloved hahaha.

But is questing still faster than dungeons at 68?
    don´t know about that has been a while since my last toon was in northrend just got to outland myself so :P

Hey bro. Im malso leveling a pally (prot and Holy, both heirloomned). So on this level pack I did dungeons whole the time, tried to do my best to it goes as faster as a can. Im on level 71 now and I still doing it. But I'll let you a tip: do battlegrounds if it is on " a call to arms ". It gives a lot of exp.

I just leveled my Monk as tank and experimented with both and I gotta say questing is much faster if you're not getting ganked, I was averaging 15 mins per level through Outland and 30 mins through Northrend, get a Ret spec, smash through quests and you'll be 80 in no time, of course then it slows a fair bit but 80-85 is still only about 6-7 hours.

It really depends on what you want out of that character and your experience overall.

If you want to level as fast as possible, and don't mind a little bit of grinding, then by all means queue as a tank and get instant dungeon queues. Very easy and efficient way of leveling, just not as enjoyable to most.

If you want to enjoy the content and/or enjoy your time leveling to max level, then do a mixture of questing and dungeons. However, when questing with heirlooms you tend to out-level the zone you are in quite quickly, so watch out for that. Also, if you intend or decide on doing questing, try out zones you have not completed or leveled in yet, something that intrigues you about it. That way you can learn all sorts of fun story about he certain zone, or just experience it for the better!

Hope this helped! Cheers!

Quote Originally Posted by Maleficia View Post
    I just leveled my Monk as tank and experimented with both and I gotta say questing is much faster if you're not getting ganked, I was averaging 15 mins per level through Outland and 30 mins through Northrend, get a Ret spec, smash through quests and you'll be 80 in no time, of course then it slows a fair bit but 80-85 is still only about 6-7 hours.
    No way you got 15 minutes a level in outlands. I call...bs. I got 15 minutes a level in Blasted lands at BEST.

---------- Post added 2013-03-19 at 09:05 PM ----------

Can anyone back that up? 15 min per level in outlands
    It's called balancing.
    Just sayn'

No way you got 15 minutes a level in outlands. I call...bs. I got 15 minutes a level in Blasted lands at BEST.
    With full heirlooms(including the ring), guild perk and rested exp I mass AoE'd some quests in Terokkar on my DK and did 62-63 in 22 minutes without even really meaning to a few weeks ago.

No way you got 15 minutes a level in outlands. I call...bs. I got 15 minutes a level in Blasted lands at BEST.[COLOR="red"]
    Maybe not 15 mins exactly, but it was damn quick that's for sure. I went from 60-80 in a matter of 3 days (probably 12 hours of leveling time) all through quests.

My point is that even as a tank with instant queues, unless you've got RAF bonus or you're fully rested the whole time then quests are much faster. Keep in mind for a lot of my questing I had the Monk Enlightenment buff, which gives 50% bonus xp for everything.

You can stockpile a few quests and bust through a level in 5 minutes with hand-ins sometimes, I went 63-64 in 10 minutes /played including travel time. (I believe it was at the start of Zangarmarsh with about 7 quest hand-ins.

On the other hand if you can get a competent group you can speedrun dungeons and level super fast as well, it's all personal preference.

10+ Year Old Account
    58-80 it's faster to dungeon than to quest. But due to DK's always being a problem, you'll endure some wait times as a tank in outlands.
    I just triple queued as tank,heals and dps on my pally when I was leveling it, and quested when I couldn't get insta-queues.
    Northrend is alot easier for tanks to insta-queue. Then Cata -> MoP zones just quest, it's quicker, especially because your on a PvE.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

Why not both? Who says you solely have to dabble in one area? If the queues are instant... grind them out until you get bored of them and then hit up some quests.

Deleted
    Make the dungeon quests, and for the rest, just quest.

Deleted
    Just dungeons will do.
    Dungeons give good exp and are always instant queues for tank (both Lich King or TBC).
    Questing in some zones canbe difficult atm because of Cross-realm zones (Hellfire..)
    It's just not worth questing with gankers around you.

10+ Year Old Account
    My ProtaDin have only done dungeons since level 20 (87 now), and I can say, even full heirlooms, instant queues and only with rested bonus, it takes FOREVER to level.
    Especially in the beginning of each expansion, it gets boring. E.g. I ran Utgard Keep and Nexus 17 times EACH beforethe others unlocked. Brewery and Jade temple, 27 times each...

Don't dugeon-level unless you REALLY REALLY love it..
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

I just lvled my monk to 90 in a few weeks, I seem to have a pattern when lvling tanks, up to 60 I quest and pug, 60-70 I just tank pugs and get boosted in nagrand ring of blood, quest and pug in northrend because I get really bored questing there until 75+ (not a fan of borean tundra, howling fjord, grizly or dragonblight but love storm peaks and scholozar, go figure) once again do the ring of blood in ZF. 80-85 I quest since it seems to give much better xp that pugs, 85-90 quest while in the que.

End of the day just do what you enjoy
    Whoops, sig too big

I just finished leveling a prot pally, and believe me queues are not instant. Unless you can get a good group of loomed dps together to power chain dungeons, it is still more efficient to only do the dungeons once for quests.