Motherboard question

On this build
    Intel Core i5-3350P 3.1GHz Quad-Core Processor
    MSI B75MA-E33 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard
    G.Skill Sniper 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3-1600 Memory
    MSI Radeon HD 7770 GHz Edition 1GB Video Card
    Antec 450W ATX12V Power Supply
    BitFenix Merc Beta Black Steel / Plastic ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

would I be able to switch out the MSI B75MA-E33 Micro ATX LGA1155 Motherboard with ASUS P8B75-M LX PLUS LGA 1155 Intel B75 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 Micro ATX Intel Motherboard with UEFI BIOS and still be compatible?

Deleted
    why would you want a micro atx board in a mid tower?

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    It was a nice tower for a good price. it fits a micro atx board so it works.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Beertoe View Post
    It was a nice tower for a good price. it fits a micro atx board so it works.
    ofc it will , however you wouldn't be using space in an efficient matter. also m-atx boards usually have less features/expand options for the future.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    I didnt have a lot of money for the build. I got what I could. I had already ordered the MSI and I got a defective one so now I am thinking about just going to the ASUS board if I can.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've used lots of matx boards, and have never found a real use for full atx. There aren't any real 'perks' unless you plan on going SLI or something.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chazus View Post
    I've used lots of matx boards, and have never found a real use for full atx. There aren't any real 'perks' unless you plan on going SLI or something.
    Does that mean I could use the ASUS board instead of the current MSI thats in the build listed?

10+ Year Old Account
    They're almost identical so sure. Personally, I prefer MSI over Asus for warranty reasons, but they're both fine.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

"Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab

Quote Originally Posted by Beertoe View Post
    Does that mean I could use the ASUS board instead of the current MSI thats in the build listed?
    You'll probably need to reinstall your OS. OEM licenses for Windows are bound to the motherboard, but retail licenses are transferrable.

Any reason you want to switch your motherboard? Your proposed upgrade is more like a side grade.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont think he's purchased it yet. I think its just "should I buy this instead of that"

EDIT: I misread, thought a previous board in the past was bad.

I would just RMA it or have a new one sent out first. MSI is a good brand. It sucks to get a DOA, but they happen.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yurano View Post
    You'll probably need to reinstall your OS. OEM licenses for Windows are bound to the motherboard, but retail licenses are transferrable.

Any reason you want to switch your motherboard? Your proposed upgrade is more like a side grade.
    I had recieved a DOA board. Not a upgrade. just a replacement.