Poll: Do you play WoW because you are Addicted, or another reason?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Deleted
    i only wow for about 10 hours a week, 6 ish raiding, 2 hours prepping ,2 hours the few daily's i do.

the amount of hours i game, ... wow, let's not talk about that

I dont even know why i play this dumb game anymore... I log in. do a daily. play with no friends. put stuff on the auction house. log out.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only play WOW to continue giving Jaylock and others a reason to make assinine polls like this.
    Your mother was a hamster, and your father smelled of elderberries.

15+ Year Old Account
    I play WoW because it is fun and I feel like playing it. When I don't feel like playing it, I don't play it. Sometimes I don't login for weeks or even months, depending on my mood and what's going on.

Right now I'm playing it mostly because of the new content, plus I decided to start gearing up. For the past couple months I barely played at all because I was spending a lot of free time watching shows and playing games that I'd purchased over the holidays.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because I'm bored :S

I consider wow to be the bread and butter then other game series eg. bioshock, mass effect etc... to be the meat...They are both food , meat tastes better than bread but meat is in short supply compared to bread :P

If i didn't play games i would be watching tv >.<

10+ Year Old Account
    I used to play because I enjoyed raiding a lot

but i just got tired of trying to keep groups together, had a lot of really retarded guild breakups last tier. too much bullshit to stay entertained with the game. it's really ironic in a way though, how the people you meet in the game can be the reason why you continue to play (being part of a team) and make the game a lot of fun and then how they can be completely unreliable and make the game no fun at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    Because the topic is: "Why do you play: Addiction or something else?" and you start bitching about stuff you don't like.
    LFR and "zomg, pandaren not as dark as Arthas"-complaining is that way ==>
    You need to learn to read next time before you start up your nonsense posts. I never complained, I just simply showed (with examples) of why the game is beginning to become dull to me.

I loved it when I started during BC. Taken a few breaks here and there because of RL things. Why I come back is it's still enjoyable and to me, it's worth the money. I don't want to spend 60 bucks a month on a game and beat it in a week, only to have it sit there and gather dust. The game is still enjoyable (which is the main reason), I still have a few people that play, my guild is awesome and I feel the game gives you the most bang for your buck. No other MMO (to me anyways) comes close or has ever come close and I've tried most of them over the years. The day the game stops being fun or other reasons that pop up and I have no choice but to stop for a long time, I will stop. JMO and I stand by it.

I login whenever I feel like it. I've tried pretty much every major mmo that's come out since 2005 and none of them have held my attention for more than a couple of months. The second a new game comes around that is better I won't have any issues with making the jump.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    You need to learn to read next time before you start up your nonsense posts. I never complained, I just simply showed (with examples) of why the game is beginning to become dull to me.
    you should learn how to quit game with dignity, and not making a fool out of yourself in every goddamn thread.

IT"S JUST A GAME, go outside.

I have put a lot of time into this game and I do think that is why I continue to play but not even 1/10 as much as before. Though it's not as if to say I haven't played other games, I have tried a vast majority of MMOs and none of them have the polish that WoW does. If they had enough development as WoW, I would probably play them but they don't so I don't. I'd rather not be paying the sub fee for this game but no other game offers more than what WoW does right now for me and it's not exactly breaking the bank so I stay subscribed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nemro82 View Post
    you should learn how to quit game with dignity, and not making a fool out of yourself in every goddamn thread.

IT"S JUST A GAME, go outside.
    Please, if you have nothing constructive to contribute to the thread, do not post here. You have the option to ignore my posts, please use it if you are so tempted to chime in on something you seem to only do for derailing purposes. Thanks.

Deleted
    Please, if you have nothing constructive to contribute to the thread, do not post here. You have the option to ignore my posts, please use it if you are so tempted to chime in on something you seem to only do for derailing purposes. Thanks.
    what about no?
    you write your useless post everyday so can I.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Tried other MMO's as they have come out and haven't liked any of them STO, DCUO, GW, Warhammer, Rift, ToR etc and honestly after plaing them for a few weeks found no reason to continue.

Please, if you have nothing constructive to contribute to the thread, do not post here.
    this post is derailing your own thread your not adding to your own conversation at all
    Last edited by vindicatorx; 2013-03-19 at 11:16 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Then quit, take a break or disconnect yourself with this game. There are still millions who enjoy it. Sorry the magic is gone for you but for many others it's still there.

Bloodsail Admiral Colonel Sandor's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    First off, Nice avatar.

And as for WoW. Although so much as changed it's still WoW. Sure I miss the more active community and tighter connections to people. But it's still WoW at the end of the day, I get burnt out a lot, but it's the memory and changes for the better that keep me playing.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MMOTotal View Post
    Then quit, take a break or disconnect yourself with this game. There are still millions who enjoy it. Sorry the magic is gone for you but for many others it's still there.
    I am not telling anyone else to quit, especially if they still find the game compelling. However my point still stands that many people only play because they simply are addicted, and those who can not come to this reality are just in denial.

Its fine if someone enjoys the game. Is it not fine to you that others do not enjoy it as much anymore?

10+ Year Old Account
    My guild is pretty much the main reason I play.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bigbamboozal View Post
    Intelligence is like four wheel drive, it's not going to make you unstoppable, it just sort of tends to get you stuck in more remote places.
    Quote Originally Posted by MerinPally View Post
    If you want to be disgusted, next time you kiss someone remember you've got your mouth on the end of a tube which has shit at the other end, held back by a couple of valves.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rioichi View Post
    First off, Nice avatar.

And as for WoW. Although so much as changed it's still WoW. Sure I miss the more active community and tighter connections to people. But it's still WoW at the end of the day, I get burnt out a lot, but it's the memory and changes for the better that keep me playing.
    Nice avatar yourself! Only two teams in the NFL I really call my teams: The Cardinals, and the Ravens. Almost tied for me, but lately ive been more of a Ravens fan, especially since Wisenhunt couldn't get his crap together.

Srry for the off topic, just thought I'd talk a bit of football

Topic:

Yeah it really has changed a whole lot since early WoW days. It seems now there is a lot more whining and bickering over gear than there used to be, and players were just plain better back then.