Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Lightning Steel Ingot

I know stage three just opened in the isle if thunder are we able to get the steel ingots at the momment? or is that at stage four?

When the stage is fully unlocked you can go in, kill the boss, and get the plans to make the ingots inside the thunderforge.

Yeah it's stage 4 where you're able to get the Lightning Steel Ingots. So should be next week at this rate.

Quote Originally Posted by Banzubie View Post
    When the stage is fully unlocked you can go in, kill the boss, and get the plans to make the ingots inside the thunderforge.
    Which stage 3 or 4?

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 10:06 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Kisho View Post
    Yeah it's stage 4 where you're able to get the Lightning Steel Ingots. So should be next week at this rate.
    ah thank you have 3 blacksmiths calculated will take me three months to get all the weps for my charcters hope they are worth it and last for a long time and are better than the lfr weps

Quote Originally Posted by Blackenator View Post
    Which stage 3 or 4?

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 10:06 AM ----------

ah thank you have 3 blacksmiths calculated will take me three months to get all the weps for my charcters hope they are worth it and last for a long time and are better than the lfr weps
    Transmog is my guess. It's the main reason people are probably going to be making them long after they become useless raiding wise. But I think they will be useless raiding wise in the beginning.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Blackenator View Post
    As far as I've seen, most weapons have two forms:
    1st form: ilvl 463
    2nd form: ilvl 476
    The Lionheart has a third form for which I've been unable to find stats for. But if it follows the pattern it should be ilvl 489

I'm glad that I kept my good old Lionheart Executioner in the bank. The mats for the new items are going to cost a fortune.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkcrusader View Post
    The Lionheart has a third form for which I've been unable to find stats for. But if it follows the pattern it should be ilvl 489
    Yeah I think I've read that the final forms of the TBC weapons don't have stats. They weren't in the PTR, it's possible they will just show up live or be in the next PTR. Either way, pissed Smiths have to wait while others can profit from making the crafted glad Cloaks.

And as far as the topic goes, yes Itoka's spawn was removed completely as the people that had killed him did so due to ghost/terrain exploits. I don't know if they are able to make LS still, but we are currently unable to learn it.

Quote Originally Posted by Excaliban View Post
    I'm glad that I kept my good old Lionheart Executioner in the bank. The mats for the new items are going to cost a fortune.

Yes, it's still kind of temping for me to transfer my old pally (Stunherald) or warrior (DT) just to have those toons on my current server.

Quote Originally Posted by Pinkcrusader View Post
    i belive the 3rd and last form will jump quite a few ilvl and will end up 496
    "The speed of light is faster than the speed of sound.
    That's why so many people look smart until they start talking."

FC-0404-6893-4293 Fire safari Larvesta/Growlithe/Braixen IGN: X Archimand, Y Shina.

Quote Originally Posted by Absintheminded View Post
    Yeah I think I've read that the final forms of the TBC weapons don't have stats. They weren't in the PTR, it's possible they will just show up live or be in the next PTR. Either way, pissed Smiths have to wait while others can profit from making the crafted glad Cloaks.

And as far as the topic goes, yes Itoka's spawn was removed completely as the people that had killed him did so due to ghost/terrain exploits. I don't know if they are able to make LS still, but we are currently unable to learn it.
    I didnt go in at the time but Ive been to the thunderforge during phase 2 and it doesnt involve any exploits. All you have to do is go to the west side of the island and there is a boss summoning area there with a ramp up to it from the water. Then you just go through the cave to the locked areas of the island. Its all wide open and easy to get to. Click the door to the forge and it opens.

They did remove everything there except for the normal mobs though. I was hoping it would be an easy way to find troves.

So you need to be level 90 and 600 BS to get this?
    I read somewhere that you need to be up to date with black prince chain, is this false?
    Last edited by Demec; 2013-03-27 at 12:08 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    there are ton of patterns to be learned from creating a lighting steel ingot.

5 458 warrior pvp items
    16 458 paladin pvp items
    5 458 death knight pvp items
    2 universal plate bracers
    2 universal plate belts
    2 universal plate boots
    14 transmog bullcrap items
    6 actual useable 522 items.

the ingots themselves are, besides old transmog crap, used for absolutely nothing. still dependend on OTHER sources (raid gear DE mats) to create the 522 gear. they arent even a material for the 522 gear..just living steel...again....56 days to learn all the new patterns.

so much for an epic blacksmithing thingy. total fail.
    Last edited by Mteq; 2013-03-27 at 12:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Demec View Post
    So you need to be level 90 and 600 BS to get this?
    I read somewhere that you need to be up to date with black prince chain, is this false?
    Level 90: Probably. You need to kill a fairly challenging level 90 mob to get the quest item that rewards the plan for lightning steel ingots. Of course, you could slack in the corner while other people kill him. Can sub-90s even get onto the Isle of Thunder though? At any rate, being level 90 makes it far simpler.

600 BS: Again, probably. While WoWhead lists 500 as the minimum, I think it's safe to assume it's easiest to just be skill level 600. Not like it's difficult to get these days.

Black Prince legendary quest chain: has nothing to do with lightning steel ingots. There's a quest in the legendary questline that requires the thunder forge, but it doesn't work both ways. You can learn to craft and actually craft the ingots (and thus the items the ingots themselves are reagents for) without doing any part of the legendary quest.

Could get my hands on this today as it opened on my realm Stormscale. Itoka is an easy fight. then forge is right behind him. got a dreadful shoulder, aint having luck with PvE items really, only dreadful of all my tailor silks :S and now this plate also seems like the discovery percent for dreadful is massively larger than anything else. The weapons look nice though and can come in handy and you will learn em all when you unlock this.

It opened on Illidan as well. Had 2 guildies pick them up. The lag at the Thunderforge was intense.

10+ Year Old Account
    My server was at 98% at about 1 a.m. last night, so it should be open for us as well. Guildie has been dying to get his hands on the new recipes, so he'll be happy

With this being EU reset though it will mean everybody is at Thunder Isle, so going to be crowded.

Stage 4 opened on US - Mannoroth around 1 AM last night. Killing Itoka yields the Strange Metal Ingot which teaches you the Lightning Steel Ingot and 463 BC specialization weapons.

Final weapons are ilvl 502 and will be upgradeable... so 510 with 500 valor.

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/94586

These will easily go for 50k for the first couple if you wait the month. Possibly even more.

Which item you think will have highest demand for?

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    i got the lightning steel ingot yesterday and have already made 2, 1 yesterday, 1 today...i was disappointed that i didn't learn any of the weapons patterns, both new recipes were for armour...my toon is a prot paladin and the recipe i got today was for a dk pvp chestpiece, the recipe from yesterday was a holy pally helm.
    the mats to make the helm will take a very long time to get...but the dk armour only needs 15 ghost iron bars.