Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted
    Can't we just move on with the villain list, instead of just recycling an old one? Don't get me wrong, I thought LK was great, but using once used villain again is rather unnecessary, especially when there are other baddies out there.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraspotatius View Post
    Can't we just move on with the villain list, instead of just recycling an old one? Don't get me wrong, I thought LK was great, but using once used villain again is rather unnecessary, especially when there are other baddies out there.
    Kael'thas, Onyxia, and Nefarian say no.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Aquamonkey View Post
    Kael'thas, Onyxia, and Nefarian say no.
    I'm talking about expansion villains here.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    Pertaining to the Lich King's return, I'd like to see it handled in a sorta morally gray way.

Say that the Alliance and Horde are taking the fight to the Burning Legion. The Lich King is offering assistance. This is already a point of contention, is it not hypocritical to use those powers to their end?

A point I would very much like to see explored is, say, the Lich King insists on resurrecting fallen Alliance and Horde soldiers to continue fighting (why waste a valuable resource against a innumerable and potentially infinitely powerful foe?) How would they react? Are his disgusting methods forgivable for his pure intention?

Shit, but knowing Blizzard he'd just be the last boss of a 5-man.
    Isn't that exactly what Sylvanas and the Forsaken are doing with the Valkyr?
    "Stop being a giant trolling asshole." - Boubouille
    "The Internet is built on complaints about asinine things" - prefect
    "Facts became discussable when critical thinking stopped being the focus of education."- Chonogo
    "Sometimes people confuse "We Don't Understand This Yet" with "Ooga Booga Space Magic" - Chazus

One thing I don't think some people understand. He didn't tell everyone to not say anything about him being alive for evilness. He did it so the world wouldn't live in fear of another LK. If people knew that he was alive and the LK they would only live in fear of the time that he would attack. So instead the whole of Azeroth gets to live on thinking that the threat is over and they can live in happiness. Well until the next threat arises I guess.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by shindock View Post
    One thing I don't think some people understand. He didn't tell everyone to not say anything about him being alive for evilness. He did it so the world wouldn't live in fear of another LK. If people knew that he was alive and the LK they would only live in fear of the time that he would attack. So instead the whole of Azeroth gets to live on thinking that the threat is over and they can live in happiness. Well until the next threat arises I guess.
    Sylvanas isn't bound by this pact of secrecy. As soon as an Alliance leader publicly berates her, she can just say, "But you installed a new LK on the throne" and throw the Alliance in complete chaos as the people riot.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 03:08 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Urti View Post
    Isn't that exactly what Sylvanas and the Forsaken are doing with the Valkyr?
    The Scourge have no free will, they are mindslaves to the LK. The Forsaken and those raised by the Val'kyr have free will, they choose to ally themselves with Sylvanas because they are shunned by everyone else.

Deleted
    I always interpreted that the Red dragons bound him with their flame to keep him alive. The Lich King them tortured him (there's a yell in ICC where Arthas says he has inflicted Bolvar with every atrocity he could imagine), but Bolvar remained righteous. The whole point of this (and the intention of the Red dragons) was to have a righteous, incorruptible Lich King to protect Azeroth from the scourge running wild.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 10:23 PM ----------

Sylvanas isn't bound by this pact of secrecy. As soon as an Alliance leader publicly berates her, she can just say, "But you installed a new LK on the throne" and throw the Alliance in complete chaos as the people riot.
    Sylvanas is more canny than that. Knowing that there is a new Lich King is a pretty powerful secret. She could be biding her time to take his throne for herself.
    Last edited by mmocb3fb419dbb; 2013-03-21 at 10:28 PM.

I doubt they thought that deep into it. However, it also plays into my previous comment. For some reason Sylvanas has something to fear of Bolvar, and her presence was enough to crack the tomb he had encased himself in. There is a secret behind Sylvanas that possibly only Bolvar knows, she isn't the only one with leverage and I don't think she would risk his discovery at the cost of it.

The ice cracking wasn't a symbol of her rage toward him but rather a symbol of his to her. That isn't your everyday block of ice he is in and if Tirion with Ashbringer couldn't beast mode out of it for the duration of the LK fight (especially given the circumstances) then Sylvanas sure isn't going to crack it with a frustrated slam of the fist.

But really, who's ready for Turylon to show up at the end of the xpac and tell us we're packing bags and going to Draenor? :P

Sylvanas isn't bound by this pact of secrecy. As soon as an Alliance leader publicly berates her, she can just say, "But you installed a new LK on the throne" and throw the Alliance in complete chaos as the people riot.[COLOR="red"]
    "Yeah, we installed righteous hero bathed in Lifebinder's flame that didn't yield to LK's torture and now keeps one of most dangerous presence in world in check". Common people: "Lol, some stupid dead elf rotting tits wanted to cause trouble with this? All praise, hero Bolvar!". Sorry, but Alliance is not a bunch of stupid meatheads with rage issues, unlike some other faction.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bolvar resisted Arthas so I like to think his will power is enough to help us deal with the burning legion, hell nerzhul might work with him if it means a chance to stick it to them

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    As I said, he doesn't need to be woken up, he can do it himself. And besides, even if he was awakened he would go back to sleep since he isn't ready to imerge.
    in my opinion the crack would allow for the power of the lich king to seep out, much the same way it did when illidan was trying to bring the roof down and forced the lich king to call arthas to northrend.

so the lich king potentially subdues bolvars soul and calls out for a new subject for if the power of the lich king is completely drained then we have renegade feral scourge running amok.

anyways, thats just speculation. i dont buy the argument that its just bolvar under the helm, seems awfully suspicious they would have his voice change the same way arthas' did when he put the helm on. something, someone else is alive and kickin in there, be it nerzhul or some super soul we dont know about. it would make sense that theres someone else in there for if there wasnt i see no reason why bolvar wouldnt just march every scourge under his command into the sea or a giant furnace. seems like theres something keeping him from doing it

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm curious what the scourge are doing in their spare time with bolvar at the helm :s Or even how the cult of the damned reacted after learning arthas died/ bovlar is the new leader...

The more i think about it...did we just leave one of the most powerful beings in the world atop an iceberg surrounded by evil corrupting scourge without any defense, right after he just placed a corrupting ancient evil helm on top of his already weakened self? -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    The more i think about it...did we just leave one of the most powerful beings in the world atop an iceberg surrounded by evil corrupting scourge without any defense, right after he just placed a corrupting ancient evil helm on top of his already weakened self? -.-
    Yes we did. And he will send scourge for final push against demons. Because fuck logic, this game needs more fanservice!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Verdugo View Post
    Yes we did. And he will send scourge for final push against demons. Because fuck logic, this game needs more fanservice!
    Even if it sounds stupid to people, it will be washed away when you see varian and future warchief on their knees before a legion of demons just as Bolvar arrives Gandalf style (cough helms deep).

10+ Year Old Account
    Would love it, personally. But only because I don't think Bolvar would be evil, and instead help us with whatever we were facing at the time of his return. Would make for an epic appearance, we're getting defeated and OHSHI- here comes the lich king with his army of undead to save the day.

10+ Year Old Account
    it actually would be rather cool :S
    the legion is seconds away from crushing both the alliance and horde completely, then all the people,races and factions we have helped in the past show up and hold them off long enough for us to escape :P

So far we have saved hundreds of different factions...yet not one is seen helping us when we are in trouble 0o
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-03-26 at 03:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Frozenbeef View Post
    it actually would be rather cool :S
    the legion is seconds away from crushing both the alliance and horde completely, then all the people,races and factions we have helped in the past show up and hold them off long enough for us to escape :P
    I would rather see Mêlée à Trois.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rowaasr13 View Post
    "Yeah, we installed righteous hero bathed in Lifebinder's flame that didn't yield to LK's torture and now keeps one of most dangerous presence in world in check". Common people: "Lol, some stupid dead elf rotting tits wanted to cause trouble with this? All praise, hero Bolvar!". Sorry, but Alliance is not a bunch of stupid meatheads with rage issues, unlike some other faction.
    Then why did they keep it a secret instead recognizing Bolvar's supposed sacrifice? Why isn't he walking all the Scourge into bonfires to get rid of them? Why isn't he releasing their souls so they can go on to the afterlife?