Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Return of the lich king?

Now most of us know bolvar is the new lich king but what most don't know is sylvanas visited him:

"Sylvanas Windrunner eventually visited the Frozen Throne to confirm for herself that Arthas was dead. Upon discovering that Bolvar was now the new Lich King, she became enraged, as she feared this "puppet king" might one day use his new, inexhaustable power to twist the world to his own ends. She slammed her fist into the frozen casket around Bolvar, feeling this a defeat more than a victory. A crack began to form from her attack. "

Now this crack is kind of a "point" which blizz can use to make a return of the lich king. Do you think he will return or do you think the lich king story line is over?

Edit!: some of you noticed the change of bolvars voice when he gets the crown, i have added the video. Do you guys think this means he has become evil? Or nothing special

Last edited by Grimfrost; 2013-03-21 at 01:08 PM.

bolvar LK will not return until they revamp Northrend along with Outland. Or maybe they will use him for a possible Warcraft 4

Blizzard isn't known for leaving dead bosses dead, and considering Bolvar took the throne I think it's just a matter of time before we see some more Lich King related content... not another expansion, mind you, but a raid patch for sure. Would anyone be surprised?

10+ Year Old Account
    If in the lore the reasoning for continuing the story is that someone banged their fist and made a crack then I declare shenanigans! That's kind of dumb.

10+ Year Old Account
    bolvar is a good guy

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, according to Tirion Fordring a scourge with no Lich King would be far more dangerous than a scourge WITH Lich King... So it's at least better than nothing?

10+ Year Old Account
    I think he will be back as a lore questline event similar to warlock green fire questline..either that or he will be back aiding us to defeat Kil'jaeden and the burning legion once and for all.

Herald of the Titans Feral Camel's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I'll be interested to see how the red dragonflight's fire effects Bolvar as the Lich King.

They kept someone as The Lich King for a reason. They could have easily made it so that after Arthas died, the existence of the Lich King ceased to exist. They are living it open-ended with Bolvar for obvious reasons, to keep a story in their back-pocket for future use. Personally, The Lich King lore, the book, and the entire expansion were my favorite of all Warcraft lore, so I think it would be extreamly entertaining to see The Lich King come back with Bolvar...

Quote Originally Posted by Grimfrost View Post
    Now most of us know bolvar is the new lich king but what most don't know is sylvanas visited him:

"Sylvanas Windrunner eventually visited the Frozen Throne to confirm for herself that Arthas was dead. Upon discovering that Bolvar was now the new Lich King, she became enraged, as she feared this "puppet king" might one day use his new, inexhaustable power to twist the world to his own ends. She slammed her fist into the frozen casket around Bolvar, feeling this a defeat more than a victory. A crack began to form from her attack. "

Now this crack is kind of a "point" which blizz can use to make a return of the lich king. Do you think he will return or do you think the lich king story line is over?
    We already did the LK story, what's the point of doing the same thing again?
    He will do the same thing as Arthas did and we will do the same thing as we did before.. then again there will be a new LK and again Sylvannas will be furious... and then what?
    Same thing again?

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    i dont think that story is over. i think it would be a good set up for a warcraft 4 rts though. *shakes fist at blizzard*

i also dont buy the argument that its just bolvar in that helm. his voice changed much the same way arthas' did when he put the helm of domination on. what i think could possibly happen is that crack will allow the lich king/nerzhul/whoever it is thats not bolvar the ability to call out and try and find someone worthy enough to come bust open the frozen throne and kill bolvar.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by goldscar View Post
    i'll be interested to see how the red dragonflight's fire effects bolvar as the lich king.
    fire-defile!

Quote Originally Posted by Masser View Post
    bolvar is a good guy
    So was Arthas

I guess he'll return when the legion does, they threaten everything bol'var holds dear and after the way they treated him i can imagine teh nerzhul-ey side of the lich king entity would welcome some payback as well.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 09:44 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Razorice View Post
    fire-defile!
    more burning skeles!

Quote Originally Posted by SherbertLand View Post
    So was Arthas
    Arthas hadn't been a "good guy" for a long time before he became a death knight, let alone the Lich King. Bolvar became the Lich King in an act of altruistic sacrifice. They are very different.

In fact, I have never seen Arthas acting particularly "good". Even before his descent into murky morals he appeared to be at most "neutral". The only evidence of his alleged goodness is his paladinhood, and that doesn't necessarily mean much.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by iscalio View Post
    Arthas hadn't been a "good guy" for a long time before he became a death knight, let alone the Lich King. Bolvar became the Lich King in an act of altruistic sacrifice. They are very different.

In fact, I have never seen Arthas acting particularly "good". Even before his descent into murky morals he appeared to be at most "neutral". The only evidence of his alleged goodness is his paladinhood, and that doesn't necessarily mean much.
    I think Arthas had good in him, before he decided to go ape-shit on hunting Mal'Ganis

Not gonna lie, as much as I normally hate them brining "dead" bosses back for stuff. Seeing a scourge army with a fiery lich king marching at the helm against someone like kil'jaden would be pretty sweet.

The Burning Legion will more than likely be the next expansion. At least I hope it better be. People want it so bad, it's not even funny. lol. The Lich King story continuing? Not so much. They left it open for a reason, mainly because it's an easy way to throw it back at us in the future. But I'm not sure how many people care though. It's hardly ever been talked about since Wrath ended. Yes, it's been thrown around here and there, but it's not something people really want compared to the Burning Legion. It's like night and day when you compare them in terms of popularity and what people seem to want. At least it seems that way to me. Be pretty cool to go back to it one day. Blizzard is always thinking a few expansions ahead, so I bet they already have it somewhat mapped out.

I like to think Bolvar has enough willpower to control both the Lich King and the Scourge. He resisted every attempt of Arthas to turn him into a powerful Death Knight, and that orange glowing into his eyes when he became the new Lich King is very promising.

Deleted
    I loved WOTLK's story right up until they crowned Bolvar the new Lich King. The part where the ham-fisted, backup money making story aka "the undead would grow too powerful left without a master", "there must always be a Lich King" stripped the Lich King of all power and status for me, and also made the whole Northrend crusade seem pointless.

Maybe I misunderstood it or missed something but for me it seemed they ended it with $$$ instead of giving a fitting end. I will probably get flamed for this as it seems everyone widely loved the ending.