Alysrazor Harshwinds going through iceblock

Today i went in for my usual kill on Alysrazor farm for mount and when i got to harshwinds phase i healed through then iceblocked when i cauterized and harshwinds was hiting through it this has never happend in past months i done this .....

(Hmm, my post isn't posting properly, so deleted my previous post).

First off, I can confirm this. Harsh Winds kept on hitting me even though I was Ice Blocked.

But on my 2nd attempt, I barely survived it.

This is how I did it.

Keep spamming Invocation to heal yourself up.(of course do not clip it, cause you won't get any heals)
    When Invocation can't keep you topped off, prepare to use Alter time.
    During Alter Time, keep spamming Invocation. When Alter Time expires, you should be around 90%+. Back to your HP when you triggered alter time.
    Then just keep spamming Invocation.(I know this cant keep you up)
    You'll want to keep yourself alive until Alys drops down and does that last huge explosion damage to you, which will trigger cauterizer.
    Then immediately Iceblock to get rid of that cauterizer dot. After that, just spam invocation to heal yourself up.

I'd use temporal shield before starting that sort of rotation than Menphis mentions though.

If I were to use Temporal Shield, I wouldn't use it at the beginning of my rotation.
    I would probably insert it when Alter Time is ticking, or after Alter Time has expired.

Reason is because at the beginning of harsh wind, its possible to top yourself off with spamming Invocation.
    But the damage increases over time and you won't be able to heal yourself with Invocation.
    So I'd time it when you start taking huge ticks. I think i took 70k a tick the most.

Deleted
    I tried soloing Alysrazor for the first time 2 hours ago and I learned the hard way that Harsh Wind does in fact hit you through Ice Block. However, I tried multiple times to do the perfect kill and I managed to kill it during Tornado-phase. This is how I did it:

Average item-level: 493
    Reforge: Hit-cap > Mastery > Crit > Haste (roughly around 10,5% haste, 26,5% crit & 23% mastery with buffs)
    Buffs: Arcane Brilliance - Molten Armor
    Important talents: Presence of Mind - Ice Barrier - Cold Snap - Nether Tempest - Invocation
    Important glyphs: Glyph of Combustion - Glyph of Invocation

I started off as normal just spamming Fireball and keeping Nether Tempest up. As soon as I got 15 stacks of the haste buff I switched Fireball for Pyroblast and as soon as i hit 25 stacks of haste buff I popped Time Warp and spamming Pyroblasts waiting for 1-2 crits in a row then PoM Pyroblast and Combustion. Spam Pyroblast and when Tornado-phase kicks in I landed outside the entrance and put up Ice Barrier and started spamming Evocation for heals and as soon I could hit Alysrazor (got a huge hitbox) I threw a Pyroblast at her. When you get low pop Cold Snap for the 30% heal. Renew Ice Barrier if possible.

I managed to die like 1 second after Alysrazor died due to Harsh Wind. It's all about luck with the crits and how big combustion you get. When I looked at recount after the fight I saw that I had casted 85 Pyroblast and 63 of those were crits (I had 26,57% crit) and my Combustion did tic 86 times with 90k each time.

Took me 2 hours of trying to kill Alysrazor but it's definitely worth it to spend 2 hours a week in Firelands for that awesome mount.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Bokhyllan View Post
    I managed to die like 1 second after Alysrazor died due to Harsh Wind. It's all about luck with the crits and how big combustion you get. When I looked at recount after the fight I saw that I had casted 85 Pyroblast and 63 of those were crits (I had 26,57% crit) and my Combustion did tic 86 times with 90k each time.
    You realize you get 75% crit when you stack the buff up to 25 right? Or was it 24? Meaning you'd have over 100% crit. I aint got a clue how crit suppression works tbf but something tells me you probably won't be having a lot of non-crits during that phase, so it's a lot less luck related than you'd think. Get some drums and stamina scrolls next time if you're cutting it close, 10% more stamina and 4% more stats should help quite a bit.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Derpette View Post
    You realize you get 75% crit when you stack the buff up to 25 right? Or was it 24? Meaning you'd have over 100% crit. I aint got a clue how crit suppression works tbf but something tells me you probably won't be having a lot of non-crits during that phase, so it's a lot less luck related than you'd think. Get some drums and stamina scrolls next time if you're cutting it close, 10% more stamina and 4% more stats should help quite a bit.
    And I'll just have my paladin in the same group since I wasn't able to kill the trash with my mage anyway. Next time I also will give my mage Blessing of Might.