Solution to frost DK's survivability problems

Bring back Unbreakable Armor (aka Pillar of Frost), make Pillar of Frost increase armor by 20% just like unbreakable armor used to do.

http://www.wowwiki.com/Unbreakable_Armor

10+ Year Old Account
    You really won't notice a thing though. Sure, 20% extra armor seems a lot, but that only reflect into about 5% to 10% extra physical damage mitigation.

plus armor is only physical damage

Deleted
    I'd rather like to kite meeles.

Something like Chilblains is baseline + every time a target is rooted by chains of ice, blazing speed is triggered on the DK (mage talent). Would be nice and a lot of fun, lol ;-)

Frost DKs have no survivability problems beyond what every other class in the game is moaning about atm. Everyone feels squishy from Ret Pallies to Mages. If you want to be less squishy then lame around as UH in Blood Presence untill Blizz nerfs it at which point you'll be just as squishy as everybody else.

Tired of seeing this topic.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Frost DKs have no survivability problems beyond what every other class in the game is moaning about atm. Everyone feels squishy from Ret Pallies to Mages. If you want to be less squishy then lame around as UH in Blood Presence untill Blizz nerfs it at which point you'll be just as squishy as everybody else.

Tired of seeing this topic.

If you're tired of seeing this topic why did 1. Bother reading the thread? 2. Post a statement telling people that you are tired of reading it and not to post about it anymore? Simply because you feel that it is a dead issue does not mean that others do and it is their right to post about it. So basically what I'm saying is this: Don't like something? Don't read it! Have a nice day.

Quote Originally Posted by Samsarathedk View Post
    If you're tired of seeing this topic why did 1. Bother reading the thread? 2. Post a statement telling people that you are tired of reading it and not to post about it anymore? Simply because you feel that it is a dead issue does not mean that others do and it is their right to post about it. So basically what I'm saying is this: Don't like something? Don't read it! Have a nice day.
    we have fine survivability, play smart, throw in a ds or siphon life if in doubt, really nothing to discuss, and please, you are the one with a bad attitude

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Softbuns View Post
    we have fine survivability, play smart, throw in a ds or siphon life if in doubt, really nothing to discuss, and please, you are the one with a bad attitude
    Nope no bad attitude at all actually. I'm just a firm believer that if you do not care for a topic then leave it be. As for our survivability, I said absolutely nothing about it and personally do not care much for pvp (as for pve, I'm always quick to heal myself in moments of low health to save on healer strain but that's another issue). I do however care when someone feels the have the right to tell people they do not have the right to discuss a matter they deem pertinent to the current state of their class. Cheers.

Because I'm entitled to point out it's a none issue that gets bandied round way too much. Have a nice day.

Anywho, at no point did I come anywhere close to saying you can't discuss the issue, that's not in my remit as a regular forum Joe. More to the point I actually posted advice if you do indeed feel too squishy. I can't help but feel your statements errr on the hypocritical no? I can't say I'm tired of seeing a topic but you can tell me where I can and can't post?
    Last edited by Kronik85; 2013-03-17 at 01:37 PM.

We don't have issues staying alive?
    Sounds more like a user error.

10+ Year Old Account
    Attaching defensive powers to offensive cooldowns (or vice versa) for melees does, contrary to popular belief, nothing (or close to it) to promote better survivability, if anything it causes a class to gain more zerging power because they are able to overextend further.

And DK survivability is fine the way it is, as a class we're pretty well rounded ATM.
    RIP Breath of Sindragosa - 23/06/2015 - The day fun died.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kronik85 View Post
    Because I'm entitled to point out it's a none issue that gets bandied round way too much. Have a nice day.

Anywho, at no point did I come anywhere close to saying you can't discuss the issue, that's not in my remit as a regular forum Joe. More to the point I actually posted advice if you do indeed feel too squishy. I can't help but feel your statements errr on the hypocritical no? I can't say I'm tired of seeing a topic but you can tell me where I can and can't post?
    Hmm pretty sure that I never once said that you couldn't post your opinion? I did however, say that if you find the topic to be a bore and rather outplayed for you then perhaps it would be best for you to ignore it all together. But again, at no point whatsoever did I say that you can or cannot post as it is your right to post how you feel about a topic just as it is the right of another to post their concerns about their class. However, the difference between someone posting their concerns about their class and someone posting "I'm tired of seeing this" is that one the former is used for constructive means whereas the former applies negative connotations to said issue you state being 'tired of'.
    Lastly, yes you did offer some advice for those who feel that they are too squishy in pvp but you then countered the 'good' from that with the your negative statement of 'I'm tired of seeing this'. You have to remember that this is a forum and people come here to voice concerns and ask questions so numerous issues will be brought up again and again as there will always be new players coming to voice said concerns. And it is because of this I state again, if you are tired of a specific topic a good rule of thumb is simply to ignore future posts about it. Cheers and happy gaming.
    Last edited by Samsarathedk; 2013-03-17 at 02:00 PM.

I do however care when someone feels the have the right to tell people they do not have the right to discuss a matter they deem pertinent to the current state of their class. Cheers.
    I'd love to hear how you extrapolated all that from "Tired of seeing this topic". Tell you what, I'm going to stop posting and you can take it as evidence of your moral victory over me here for daring a little whimsy in my post. God forbid I ever express any emotion on the internet again at the risk of offending people.

Deleted
    This is buffing our survivability with basically nothing rofl.

10+ Year Old Account
    20% armor is jackshit nothing. What they should do is make AMS function like cloak instead of a pussy little absorb that is broken by a FB/Ice Lance.
    "Gamer" is not a bad word. I identify as a gamer. When calling out those who persecute and harass, the word you're looking for is "asshole." @_DonAdams
    When you see someone in a thread making the same canned responses over and over, click their name, click view forum posts, and see if they are a troll. Then don't feed them.

Light comes from darkness shise's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    To be honest, I am far more concerned about unholy pets. Sure you can pay attention and put it on defensive + heal it... but just 50k more HP for it wouldn't hurt anybody... 50% less dmg is not really that great when 2 dudes are zerging it down asap.

I have a better solution then my first. Lower the cost of Death COil when used for healing. It's the only reason unholy has better survivability

there are no survivability problems but there are mobility problems compared to other melees. Here is a solution to that:

1- Make Death's Advance base ability for all specs (not smth you pick from talent tree) increase its speed gain to 40% and give it a glyph that will function like "You gain 80% speed from death's advance but increases the cooldown to 60 seconds"
    2- New Ability that will function as a reverse Death Grip -> Draw yourself to target hostile's location, shares cooldown with death grip.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Erotomania View Post
    2- New Ability that will function as a reverse Death Grip -> Draw yourself to target hostile's location, shares cooldown with death grip.
    I fail to see how this is useful. Death Grip is nice as an interupt and grip people into trap and whatnot. Quite useful. Throwing yourself to them could be nice, but not really necessary.

I'm fine with frost death knights getting more survival, but you will need to sacrifice your 120k Obliterates on fully geared cloth/leather.

That #### is whack yo.

^one of the reasons I play unholy even though the pet drives me nuts. with it's slowness and inability to Gnaw when I say to.