Ursuls vortex/solar beam difficulty

Hi there, I was doing arena today as a mage and we came up against a whole shit ton of druids and every game I was being locked down completely by ursuls vortex/ solar beam combo. I can't blink, I can't blazing speed. Trinket seems useless. Is there a way I can combat this quickly so that my arena partner doesn't get focused down while I'm standing there with my thumb up my ass for like 10 seconds?

Nothing you can do really other than run out of it. Trinketing won't do anything you will still stay silenced. If you are root beamed you can trinket to run out. You can block if you are the one being trained. Once you get a good feel for when they will do it you can blink it right before he casts ursols. Not sure if you can alter time and run far enough away that it would take you out of the beam when he beams you with alter time up.

10+ Year Old Account
    WHAT IS THIS! a mage complaining about Moonkin... i dont even...
    i7 4770k 4.6GHZ................................................ ¨ ø„¸¸„¨ ø„¸¸„ø¤º°¨
    OCZ Arc 100 x2 (240g) RAID 0.........................°º¤ø„¸? Druid ,„ø¤º°¨
    Kingston HyperX 8 gig 2400.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨ For Life! 0¤ø„¸
    Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 OC.......................... ¸„ø¤º°¨¸„ø¤º°¨¨°º¤ø„¸ ¨°º¤ø

Iceblock, you're one of the only classes who can use their biggest defensive while blanket silenced.

its a retarded ability. especially when i play on my healer, then you are just fucked. When i played on my lock i was trying to anticipate the moment when the boomkin does it and i used my teleport (i could use it, i was not yet silenced) then Ursus Vortex took me back all over the whole arena...gg

10+ Year Old Account
    Walk out of the vortex? Takes about 2-3 seconds to move out of the vurtox, be pulled back in, and being able to move out again. Takes about 4 to 6 seconds opposed to 8 seconds.

Or try to be the highest skilled mofo somebody has ever seen and try to blink his vortex! Which means you'll only have a 2-3 sec silence DD (or blazing speed for that matter)

Well, you CAN trinket the vortex. And you can iceblock. Anyway, with ur 30 sec deep your not really in any position to say something bad about any other classes abilities.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 12:44 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by PPN View Post
    its a retarded ability. especially when i play on my healer, then you are just fucked. When i played on my lock i was trying to anticipate the moment when the boomkin does it and i used my teleport (i could use it, i was not yet silenced) then Ursus Vortex took me back all over the whole arena...gg
    Well, to be fair thats just good. Locks being able to use teleports in arena is even more retarded than solar beam.

Ok so how are locks then supposed to get some distance? I mean nowadays pretty much all melees have some ability to shit on your stun and fear without having to use a trinket. So if i dont have apprtal i first need to endure 2 cooldowns of some1 smashing my face before i can get some breath.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by maijemazkin View Post
    Well, you CAN trinket the vortex. And you can iceblock. Anyway, with ur 30 sec deep your not really in any position to say something bad about any other classes abilities.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 12:44 PM ----------

Well, to be fair thats just good. Locks being able to use teleports in arena is even more retarded than solar beam.
    Why do you have to play a certain class in order to be able to comment on stuff, if you think mage abilities are op make a forum post about it or join one of the 100000 threads about mages.

OT:
    Boomers need this i think but the cd should be more than 1 minute, dno how bad boomers would be with it on a 1.5 min cd for instance. and the synergy with dk's is too good. boomers can only go godmode on their cd's and inbetween they give good pressure but nothing special.
    IMO it needs a tweak either cd or remove the glyph of solar beam to make it easier to get out of.

As far as i know shadowstep still goes through walls, and druids have displacer beast which pre nerf was pretty sick, and still is pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by Shifthappens View Post
    WHAT IS THIS! a mage complaining about Moonkin... i dont even...
    It's not complaining to ask for advice ^.^

thanks for the replys guys. The problem is they aren't focusing me once everything goes down so Iceblocking is useless. They start to go after my arena partner who is now severely lacking in peels. 8-10 seconds is enough to decide the match. I guess I have to get better at trying to blink it.

Quote Originally Posted by draconith1 View Post
    It's not complaining to ask for advice ^.^

thanks for the replys guys. The problem is they aren't focusing me once everything goes down so Iceblocking is useless. They start to go after my arena partner who is now severely lacking in peels. 8-10 seconds is enough to decide the match. I guess I have to get better at trying to blink it.

Just take the iceblock route if you're teammate badly needs peels (wut is the boomkin running with?). As a mage I've never had problems destroying boomkin comps.