Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I play both male and female depending on the game and the models each character has. If it is a roleplaying game I also make up the character in my head, which includes gender.

In Mass Effect I played as a Femshep, In WoW I play a male toon, In Skyrim I am female. I never place myself into my characters, they are characters of their own completely separate from my identity.
    "Why are you wearing that stupid Man suit?"

10+ Year Old Account
    I play male and female toons based on which of the two models look the best.

You'll never catch me playing a female Tauren, female Troll, male Orc, female Worgen, male Draenei or female Pandaren. Those models are hideous.

It's like the designers picked one sex, made it well and then crapped out on its mate.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have a female BE and a female Pandaren, every other character I've made has been male. The pandaren is only level 5 or so anyway. My warlock is a female BE I think just because there are so many I felt my second BE should be female ( my main is a male BE), my pandaren is female just because she has a name from SNSD. I barely play either of them though and have never pretended to be a girl at all.

I've never made a female character on any other game, unless you count the sims.

As far as male female karakters goes I play all female, reson is they are small and by that easy for me to move around and easy on eye, my main is tauren female and my preferable. I am not sensitive to gender when it comes to play a karakter its just I prefere to play females.

Deleted
    Lets see. My personal opinions below..

Orcs
    Males are better here. Female ones have some dealbreaker problems on their looks and animations. I do have female orc DK tho. But no one really plays female orcs anyway, "too masculine"
    I mean look at this. Are you kidding me?!

Its like she is choking herself there.

Trolls
    Both are equally bad, sadly. Dont like their "damage taken" screeks or death sounds. Males are better here because lets face it, female model was widely ignored.
    Humans
    I cant stand male humans NGHGGYEEH sounds when they attack. Nor their dance. Nor their voice in general. Also females got massive...2handers and they dont look as childish as males seem to do. In-game that is. Plus their animations are bit smoother.
    Female is clear choice.
    Nelfs
    Males laugh like pedofiles, dance is bad and they also got that annoying NGYAH and death sounds. Female is clear winner here, it fits more for their race.
    Dwarfs
    Males. Iron dwarf transform every cd. 'nuff said.
    Gnomes
    Females are "cute", males are "joke"
    Pandaren
    No comment
    Worgen
    Males.
    Belfs
    Females are superior in every way. Biased or not. Animations are superior.
    Tauren
    neither. Males are too big to fit anywhere properly, are overly huge with armor and are full of "RetbullMLG" names. Females are played by niche amount of players.
    Undead
    Both. I like females backflips and their ferocity. Males got nice animations as well. Both voices are great.
    Goblins
    Both are ok.
    Draenei
    Is this question? Females. Females.
    Last edited by mmocd6ad878d9b; 2013-03-20 at 05:59 PM.

That sounds weird lol. I play what i like, gender doesnt matter in game those are only pixels.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Solidito View Post
    I play what ever looks best, sometimes males look stupid in someway shape or form and the female looks better, an example from my point of view would be a blood elf in wow.
    Same here, as a guy I actually prefer to play male characters. But sometimes the male characters suck compared to the female ones.

For example, in WoW I have 3 male Orc characters and 2 male Tauren. However, I don't like the male Troll and Blood Elf models so I chose the female versions there.
    I would've made a male Troll if they looked anything like Warcraft 2: tall, muscular warriors. Not this scrawny voodoo guy. And I think Blood Elf speaks for itself.

Also, sometimes it might be a nice alternative. If you play a lot of male characters it's nice to play something completely different for a change.

10+ Year Old Account
    Male, never could feel comfortable playing the opposite gender.

Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    First thing that springs to mind is acting how you perceive a female character to be, or act like? Maybe so others don't question you, or something. Be interesting to hear why you do it (If you can)
    in game role playing, i mean its a game after all, your character is a girl so...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by PenguinChan View Post
    First thing that springs to mind is acting how you perceive a female character to be, or act like? Maybe so others don't question you, or something. Be interesting to hear why you do it (If you can)
    Well it depends if I'm pretty or not also. My human priest looks very nice and pretty, so I act especially feminine on her (so much that everyone assumes I'm a girl, and I've even had people flirt with me). Why I act like that? I'm not sure, but when I play undead male I act very "trolly" compared to any other combination I've played. So it's not like it's exclusive to human females, so it's probably just me getting really into the characters I play...

I feel like I should give roleplaying I try.

Depends. My characters are all named after various characters from stories I swear, I'll write someday. Their race and gender is based on those characters. Some are male, some are female.

Hmm, I used to have my casters females and males to be melee, I can see there's only 1 male character left. But now it all comes down to the animations. Female races tend to have better animations than the males do, and they're just easier on the eyes in the long run.
    Last edited by Neliah; 2013-03-20 at 09:04 AM.

Deleted
    I play mostly female characters. Gnome females especially. Tiny cuteness of death and horror. Ive had a lot of people think im a girl at times for some reason.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    as a guy i generally only play male toons but i do have some female toons. i mean it is supposed to be an rpg right? ive never pretended i was a girl in game though, that just seems creepy

some races (in all games, not just WoW) look better as female and some look better at male

Quote Originally Posted by Iceleaf View Post
    Males are better here. Female ones have some problems on their looks and animations. I do have female orc DK tho. But no one really plays female orcs anyway, "too masculine"
    I mean look at this. Are you kidding me?
    And then there's people like me, who play Orc females only because they're just that great.

For the rest, when playing a melee class in any game I prefer male characters. I'm one of those people who think male humans in WoW aren't that bad - quite cool in fact! I prefer female toons for caster classes though. Female irl, not pretending to be anything else, not shitting anyone with that anyway.

I play mostly female characters, because i like the animations on them better than on male characters.I however don't pretend to be a girl online.

I tend to have more female characters than male characters, because I generally think most gear look better on female toons.
    But my main is a human male, I just think their animations are pretty cool, and how buff they are. It's pretty hilarious that my warlock looks like he could beat the crap out of any other races in a fist fight.
    Gaze upon the field in which I grow my fucks, and see that it is barren

10+ Year Old Account
    I have characters of both genders, I basically decide what sex to go with based on what I wouldn't mind staring at the back of for hours on end. I just play, I don't pretend to be anything ingame as I have absolutely zero interest in any form of digital roleplay.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Engelen View Post
    And then there's people like me, who play Orc females only because they're just that great.

For the rest, when playing a melee class in any game I prefer male characters. I'm one of those people who think male humans in WoW aren't that bad - quite cool in fact! I prefer female toons for caster classes though. Female irl, not pretending to be anything else, not shitting anyone with that anyway.
    Well I got female orc, I did liked the kinda feral-female-berserker-warrior but its like "I want to like them but the game isnt really letting me enjoy it". So its sort in the middle.
    Orc males are better to me because eh, I grew up with warcraft 1, 2 and teens were with 3 so orc males were big part of the games. And since most major characters in orc culture are males it helps that :P

I play almost exclusively female characters, I'm a guy irl, I do it cause I don't like how the male toon's look so I play females.=, and now it's kinda just a thing.