Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by funkydude View Post
    One question though... is there a way for BigWigs bars to move across the screen when they go from the small to big bar stack? In dbm, you see the bar literally fly across to the emphasized stack whereas my Bigwigs just disappears from the small stack, then reappears on the big stack. That movement often subtly draws my attention better to the bars when my eyes are already on something.

Funnily enough when we came up with the idea of having a separate anchor for short bars during Burning Crusade (before DBM ripped it) we also had "flying bars" that would move across. When we re-wrote Big Wigs for v3 it was decided that it would be more beneficial performance-wise to remove it unfortunately
    Can you toggle this? Performance isn't an issue for me and I like flyout.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've come to prefer BigWigs now, mostly due to the incessant noises, with the same quote from The Big Bad Wolf in Kara: "Run away little girl... run away!" on every. damn. ability in the game. It doesn't matter if you're standing in fire or not, or even close to someone who might spread something to you (Arc Nova on Nalak comes to mind) it's still screaming in your ear to move. I just wish a lot of BigWigs timers were built in, as I often do old raids and despite having plenty of the plugins, I'll still be missing a module here or there.

Deleted
    Is there any way I can just have the message emphasized rather than it including the countdown?

Quote Originally Posted by Extra View Post
    Is there any way I can just have the message emphasized rather than it including the countdown?
    They are always emphasized if I remember correctly. That is the anchor that the bar goes to with 10 seconds left on the ability. Checking off emphasize in the options is enabling the countdown for you.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.

15+ Year Old Account
    there are a few things I like on dbm, and there are two particular things I hate on dbm. now the questions are, can bw do the same things that I like on dbm, and does it the two things I hate on dbm better?

now what I like on dbm is:
    two bars for "stuff in the future" (basically everything >10 seconds away), and the "stuff that is impending" (<10 secs)
    so: can bw do this as well? (I believe so, just asking )

the countdown timer. this is a bit more difficult. basically everyone in my raid uses dbm, so I would be pretty alone with bw. but I'm also the one most likely to start the pull timer.
    so: if someone else starts the pull timer with dbm, am I able to see it?
    and: can I start a timer with bw and if so, can everyone else with dbm also see it?

other than that, I need to be able to customize messages shown or not shown in a similar way dbm does it. I want to have the control over which messages I want to see and which not.

now to the stuff I hate on DBM and I wonder if BW can do this better:
    #1: being able to save and load profiles. that is the one thing I hate SO DAMN MUCH at dbm. I cannot just say "load profile raid" and I have the same settings as on my main char, no, for every alt, I have to reposition it uniquely. not even copying the damn lua files seems to work.
    #2: this correlates to the first point on the first list... I have to explain it.
    The "long" bar on dbm (the one with the >10 seconds timer) is not sorted by "time left", it is simply sorted by "what ever comes up next, is added on top". well, this is plain bull shit. when I want to see a timer that is like 20 or 15 seconds ago and this is in between of one with 30 seconds left and one with 90 seconds left, I take ages to find this timer, and then it just pops out into the "short" bar.
    Now - I want BW to be able to change the sorting of this "long" bar. is this possible?

if bw can do all what I listed, then I wont hesitate a second to switch to bw.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    #2: this correlates to the first point on the first list... I have to explain it.
    The "long" bar on dbm (the one with the >10 seconds timer) is not sorted by "time left", it is simply sorted by "what ever comes up next, is added on top". well, this is plain bull shit. when I want to see a timer that is like 20 or 15 seconds ago and this is in between of one with 30 seconds left and one with 90 seconds left, I take ages to find this timer, and then it just pops out into the "short" bar.
    Now - I want BW to be able to change the sorting of this "long" bar. is this possible?
    Like the timers I have in this (to the right of my character)?

If so, then it's sorted by time remaining as far as I'm aware.

Your #1 dislike I'm not sure, I've never actually checked. Both your likes, though, are in big wigs. There're 2 timer bars (you can see them in my picture, the one immediately under my character is the "impending" one, and the one to the right is the further-away stuff. Pull timers are set up to work with both DBM and BW regardless of which you have (you'll get theirs' and they'll get yours).

Deleted
    First there was darkness, then came CT_Raid. But it was in decline and so I abandoned it seeking a cure for my own mortality. My endless journey brought me to a small, clean Addon in the farthest corner of the ACE-galaxy. Here I thought I had finally found what I had been searching for.
    BigWigs since many years! Keep up the great work

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nayre View Post
    Like the timers I have in this (to the right of my character)? <snip>

If so, then it's sorted by time remaining as far as I'm aware.

Your #1 dislike I'm not sure, I've never actually checked. Both your likes, though, are in big wigs. There're 2 timer bars (you can see them in my picture, the one immediately under my character is the "impending" one, and the one to the right is the further-away stuff. Pull timers are set up to work with both DBM and BW regardless of which you have (you'll get theirs' and they'll get yours).
    for god's sake, yes. timers sorted by time remaining, aka next thing to happen is on the damn bottom. exactly what I want, jeez. why the fuzz is dbm not able to do that? I never understood that.

now I just need profiles in bw and holy moly I am so gonna go big wigs tomorrow.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Puerto View Post
    They are always emphasized if I remember correctly. That is the anchor that the bar goes to with 10 seconds left on the ability. Checking off emphasize in the options is enabling the countdown for you.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong.
    What I meant to say was there's two boss abilities I have for the super emphasized message but I only want one of them to have a countdown voice rather than both. Is that possible?

Quote Originally Posted by Extra View Post
    What I meant to say was there's two boss abilities I have for the super emphasized message but I only want one of them to have a countdown voice rather than both. Is that possible?
    No but it's on the list of things I'd like to implement.

Quote Originally Posted by xebtria View Post
    for god's sake, yes. timers sorted by time remaining, aka next thing to happen is on the damn bottom. exactly what I want, jeez. why the fuzz is dbm not able to do that? I never understood that.

now I just need profiles in bw and holy moly I am so gonna go big wigs tomorrow.
    Yes it has full profile support and the ability to auto change profile when changing between your two specs.
    https://github.com/funkydude - https://github.com/BigWigsMods
    Author of BadBoy, BasicChatMods, BigWigs, BFAInvasionTimer, SexyMap, and more...

Deleted
    Do you have any plans of adding emphasized bars for each ability? I really hate that if I enable emphasized bars I get to see all the abilities and lets be real 90% of them are of no real importance. For example on Dark Animus I would like an emphasized bar for Interrupting Jolt and regular bars for everything else.

---------- Post added 2013-06-19 at 01:34 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
    I don't feel like LittleWigs is half-assed. I think it follows the same design principle as BigWigs, only show warnings/bars/etc for truly important things. And honestly, Mists heroics are fairly easy. The bosses without LittleWigs modules don't really need them. I suppose you could argue something about completeness... but I find it nice to only get warnings about things that need warnings.
    I dont agree, to be quite honest LittleWigs suck ass and is the only reason why I have DBM installed. I run challenge modes, very competitively and while timers on 5 man bosses are not super important it can quite easily be the difference between world fastest and world second fastest.

Deleted
    Sweet, thanks.

Deleted
    ill give it a go tonight, like the idea of lower cpu usage that BW has but im sceptical, so used to dbm i wonder if i will be comfortable with this. i mean i havent long stopped using xpearl.