Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Kathranis View Post
    The blood elves allied with the naga, who had never set foot in Dalaran.
    They were in Dalaran during the mission where Illidan uses the eye of Sargeras.

Of course, the only members of the new alliance to encounter them there were the blood elves. Which raises Garithos' dickery to an entire new level. Yes, we're executing them for corroborating with enemies of the alliance, despite the fact that those enemies can only be considered enemies of the alliance due to the one encounter they've had with the guys I'm executing!
    A look at the warcraft novels, RPG books, games and magical french space soccer.

Glory to person-whose-name-I-dont-know-but-rules-Kul-Tiras!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by KunkkaTheAdmiral View Post
    the fandom by some of the posters here is scary.
    They're desperate because Blizzard sent the sex package to the Horde instead of the Alliance. Yep, the only reason people want high elves this badly is mainly for the visual part.

Deleted
    What I think of all this? That fanon should be forbidden to be used as argument for anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by apepi View Post
    Ill trade you blood elves for dwarves.
    Deal! Moorish/Morochos/Dark Iron dwarves immediately to the Horde!

Do you wish also Alterac humans? All of yours.

And perhaps the Highborne? Well, for the Horde all of them.

And of course the ogres as a gift.

Anything to have the High Elves in the Alliance as it should be!

Quote Originally Posted by Northem View Post

Sheesh Northem, just calm down, it is unlikely the faction will remain forever as they are now, I doubt the horde and Alliance will look the same in lets say a few thousand years. Night elves could be entirely horde the forsaken might have lightened up and joined the Alliance or something fancy like that, we just don't know what the future might bring, except that almost anything is possible.

What does it matter if a race is horde or Alliance, if you like it play it.

I'm going to start counting all of the blood elf/high elf threads, there's at least one a week on here. Why don't the other races get this much attention?
    Quote Originally Posted by Najja View Post
    I get why there are factions, but I never understood why the players are so bound to them. In real life and in the lore itself we see that not all people of a race belong to that races faction. Spies, traitors, those who simply don't agree with the factions actions/choices and those who are neutral. The way I see it, all characters should start neutral and then choose their faction.
    I agree, I think it makes more sense if players could defect from their chosen faction, join another faction or go neutral. But I also think there should be more than two playable factions in the game...I'd love to have my paladin be able to join the Argent Crusade, for example. PvP could be more randomized than simple Horde vs Alliance...maybe next expansion...:P

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Celista View Post
    Why don't the other races get this much attention?
    Because they aren't sexy enough.

Northem, you appearently have this great fetish for high elves. If high elves became playable as an Alliance race, would you still play them if they were wretched and looked like a crossbreed of a blood elf and ogre?
    Last edited by mmoc940ec2e7b6; 2013-03-23 at 06:41 PM.

I'd play High Elves in a heartbeat; irresistible in terms of lore when compared to their Sin'dorei cousins.

15+ Year Old Account

The only white skins we will take are dwarves, they have ale. You can burn the humans, but let the gnomes live because us taurens need things to punt, but they will never be our friends.

And we will take worgens if they are all wear top hats and are tailors so they can make top hats for every one. [|
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Quote Originally Posted by Khuzard View Post
    Because they aren't sexy enough.
    Because they weren't ever associated with the other faction.

Although yeah, I guess that's part of it. The fact the "human" model, particularly for male characters, is so terrible probably also has a lot to do with it.

would you still play them if they were wretched and looked like a crossbreed of a blood elf and ogre?
    This is a strawman, though. No one would play that, so Blizzard would never waste art assets on it.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

Quote Originally Posted by Darkarath View Post
    Hello guys, what do you think? It´s possible? I share my thoughts about this issue:

- We have a neutral race (pandaren). This open a big door for the races, in my opinion, not only for the future races, but for the existing ones too. It has a lot of potential, lorewise mostly, for big events that can cause such a decision for a leader.

- Blood Elves and High Elves looks the same, except for the eyes. You can talk about their character, their view of see things, but the fact is that they´re practicaly identicall (phisically). The problem of the eyes? Blood Elves are actively looking for a cure for their sickness on BC, now that we have the Sunwell restored, maybe they finally find it and his beautifull eyes take again a blue color.

- BC zones need a revamp and I think that Blizzard will do it sooner or later, they may take advantage of this to open the zone of the north of the Eastern Kingdoms that remains close (probably where the High Elves are living right now), and deliver it like a leveling zone for the Blood / High Elves, which tell us what High Elves have did all this years, his feelings about coming together with Blood Elves, etc. This zone will contain the final quest-chain to choose your new faction, while the two Blood Elves zones that we already know can tell as about the new situation of the race and why now we´re neutral (at the beggining), we can see a rebuild Silvermoon, the definitively end of the plague on the Elves territory...

- Varian try to brougth Blood Elves in the Alliance, and these ones were listening, its seems that Jaina broke this option, but with the final events of 5.2 I think that might be reopened.

Of course, this idea has two big problems:

- What we do with the existing Blood Elves that serve the Horde all this time? Well, when you enter the game, you still belong to the Horde (that is what you want no? that´s why you choose a race of the Horde in first place xD) BUT ¡¡ if you reconsidered your position, you can go to the new leveling zone of Blood / High Elves (again, the zone of the north of the Eastern Kingdoms that remains close), where the chain-quest to choose your new faction is (mostly like the Pandaren quest-chain to choose their faction, I don´t see a big deal implementing this).

- This is probably the biggest issue, the Horde will have one race less. What do we do? We give the Horde a new race? We make the Draeneis neutral? (I don´t see that happening, just an example). No, let the Horde with one race less. Azeroth is in war and betrayals and new alliances happen all the time, I don´t see why every faction has to have the same number of races.

Well, I hope that you enjoy this post, I know that´s almost impossible, but I still like the idea.
    No. The Belfs have never fit well with the Horde, so the developers continue to bend over backwards with lore to justify their inclusion in the Horde. They're actually fitting better into the Horde right now than they ever have. Given the recent developments, there's no way this will happen.

Yes, the Pandaran are a neutral race (though how they stay in the Horde after learning that they have to blow up booze in Twilight Highlands...) So the door is certainly open to future neutral races. But the present races will be staying as is.

Deleted
    Blood elfs will never go neutral simply for the fact that some people who have an already existing blood elf character might want to go over to alliance. Now, if Blizzard did something like that they would be forced to give all those players a FREE fraction change. They would have to bring over their gear, gold, items etc. Just for that reason it'll never happen. They can't tell people "well hurr hurr if u go ally we take ur gold!"

It's Activision Blizzard were talking about here.

Blood Elves are High Elves. You can't introduce High Elves anymore. All the High Elves that are left in the alliance are just leftovers from before they changed to Blood Elves. Imo it doesn't make sense to try and get them neutral. They didn't go Horde because they were just magic power junkies, they were betrayed as a faction from the Alliance.

I don't see how someone would betray his own race to go side with the Alliance again, let alone all the faction go neutral, so that a player can have an option like the Pandaren.

Deleted
    The Alliance will not ever get high elves, to add fuel to the fire here's a proud member of The Horde that only will be playable if you click the red icon rather than the blue one. Sorry.

Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    I think it's possible, but far from likely. Blizzard simply won't make the BElfs neutral.

One of friendship and cooperation going back 2000 years.

This would probably be the way it would be done, if Blizzard ever did so.

EJL
    Yeah just that Garrithos (an alliance general) tried everything to erase the highelves from the surface of azeroth. Genocide and such. Which was the final reason why the highelfs left the alliance behind. They followed Illidan and the Naga... and now their bloodelfs and hate the alliance (especially) humans over everything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bulletnips View Post
    The Alliance will not ever get high elves, to add fuel to the fire here's a proud member of The Horde that only will be playable if you click the red icon rather than the blue one. Sorry.
    And here we have a loyal supporter of the Alliance, a true and pure Quel'dorei (the current model is merely a placeholder):

Last edited by Northem; 2013-03-23 at 08:08 PM.

Deleted
    And here we have a loyal supporter of the Alliance, a true and pure Quel'dorei (the current model is merely a placeholder
    And? Merely one NPC among many.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kraspotatius View Post
    And? Merely one NPC among many.
    For now, since everyone here is trying to do justice: making the High Elves a playable race for the Alliance. Thanks for your support.

I get why there are factions, but I never understood why the players are so bound to them. In real life and in the lore itself we see that not all people of a race belong to that races faction. Spies, traitors, those who simply don't agree with the factions actions/choices and those who are neutral. The way I see it, all characters should start neutral and then choose their faction.
    This, just this. It makes so much sense!
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

In real life there is only one race - humans. If i move to, lets say, Russia and get their citizenship then i'm a russian. And if i try to fit in after a few years i'll probably be indistinguishable from all other russians.
    A tauren, on the other hand, will always stand out among humans. He'll never be one of them.

For the neutral factions... the people in the factions still belong to their side, they are just neutral for the moment. We saw that with the ebon blades. After Arthas was dead most of them went back to the Horde/Alliance. There is no true neutral organization in WoW, there are just organizations that accept members from both factions.