Page 1 of 2
LastLast

can you do Throne of Thunder nomal/hc cross realm?

Cheers guys,
    Do you know if you can do Throne of Thunder nomal/hc cross realm?
    There were some ideas of allowing this for current content for 5.2, did it go live?
    Cheers

and T14 like HoF hc and such others?

Deleted
    Yes you can do 5.0 raids cross realm.

Basically you can't do current tier cross realm. Everything else you can.

Deleted
    does anyone know whats the reason behind this?

Not sure. But they wanted to incentivize being in a guild or at least the same server for current content. If they made everything in the game cross realm-able then there would be no need for guilds because you could poach the best players from other groups across the world, along with there not a need to have paid server transfers. With this restriction it builds value and encourages others to make guilds or play with the community that they have (or need to rebuild) on their server.

Deleted
    I did To4w hc cross realm last September, also mogu/hof and terrace you can do x-realm. I have done terrace lately.

you can never do current content tiers x-realm
    if you could, guilds wouldn't be as they are now, an entire raiding group can be from different realms, and that is not what blizzard wants.
    being able to do non-current tier raids x-realm, makes it easier to get the achis and such you are missing

Quote Originally Posted by Corius View Post
    I think it has something to do with the instance servers and overload.
    Rufflesaurus <Huhuholics> Tarren Mill EU

10+ Year Old Account
    You can do every OLD raid. They just don't want you to run to other servers to do current content. You're on your server for a reason, if you want to raid in other realm, they want you to buy a server transfer.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Money.

Realm transfers cost money. If people could do ToT CRZ there would be less incentive to use this service.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by rated View Post
    Money.

Realm transfers cost money. If people could do ToT CRZ there would be less incentive to use this service.

100 percent correct.
    You cared enough to post.

Money.

I highly doubt its that or they would make rbg's not crossrealmable, its simply because it give you one less reason to have a guild.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nuckels View Post
    I highly doubt its that or they would make rbg's not crossrealmable, its simply because it give you one less reason to have a guild.
    What do you think Blizzard cares more about:

1) money
    2) people having a guild

I'll give you a hint. The answer rhymes with honey.

What do you think Blizzard cares more about:

1) money
    2) people having a guild

I'll give you a hint. The answer rhymes with honey.
    I'd imagine recruiting for a lot of guilds could get a lot tougher (easier for some). Imagine competing with every guild in your region :/

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BLSTMASTER View Post
    I'd imagine recruiting for a lot of guilds could get a lot tougher (easier for some). Imagine competing with every guild in your region :/
    Recruiting for guilds might be tough. Filling raid spots wouldn't be. I have a bunch of people on my friends list I'd love to bring into my raid on those days I have a spot open, but can't because ToT can't be CRZ.

Not to mention the website openraid would be sooo much better if ToT could be CRZ.

This comes up pretty often now. While Blizzard does profit from server transfers, I think it's short-sighted to place that as the one and only reason. Normal/Heroic raids are one of the last areas of the game to promote server community. If you could do current content cross-realm, there would be little to no incentive to be in a guild, or even to stick it out at all with an organized raid at all. At the first sign of trouble, people would just jump ship and find a new group, since you could look across all recruitment for the game, not just those on your server.

I mean, if Blizzard were so incredibly concerned with maximizing server transfer profits, why introduce cross-realm tech at all, especially with the many complaints from CRZ?

no, I believe they said they're scared "what that will do to guilds".

Only older raids can be xrealmed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because Blizzard doesn't understand or have any way to predict what would happen with guilds if this were allowed. So rather than possibly break that it's left like it is for now. I predict that it only happens when cross-realm guilds are enabled (if that ever happens). Then there's no choice.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."