Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Best way(s) to farm cloth?

Going to level first aid from 0 to max on my 85 warrior. I'm going to buy the cloth that is cheap, but wool, etc is really expensive on my server so I'm thinking of farming that. What's the best way, finding a humanoid heavy area for the proper level range or farm dungeons with humanoids in them?

Deleted
    Linen Cloth - Ragefire Chasm *Horde - Linen Cloth

Wool Cloth - Shadowfang Keep *Horde/Alliance - 80 Wool Cloth per run and a bunch of Linen~~
    Wool Cloth - Stormwind Stockade *Alliance

Silk Cloth - New Scarlet Monastry - Scarlet Halls on the left - 120 Silk Cloth per run

Mageweave Cloth - Zul'Farak - My record was 180 Mageweave in one go. (Open the Graves!)

Runecloth - Lower Blackrockspire - Just clear all till you reach the Spidermother or whatnot her Name is. I don't know exactly how much drop but i would say about 100 per run.

Netherweave Cloth - Blood Funace - Only Netherweave drops but plenty cheap in the AH
    Netherweave Cloth - Nagrand - Ogres (thx Stooe)

Frostweave Cloth - Just above Icecrown, Converted Heroes (seven Ghosts) who usually drop 2-7 Frostweave
    Frostweave Cloth - Chosen Zealots in Icecrown, in a Citadel near Corp'rethar. 44 level 80 elite mobs with a 2.5min respawn. (thx agry)

Embersilk Cloth - Deepholm - Verlok Stand is an awesome spot WITH! Potion of Treasure Finding -thingy

Windwool Cloth - Townlong Steppes *Horde/Alliance - On the Beta there was a great Spot, named Fire Camp Osul *works as of 13.09.2012*, where there were Taurenlike Creatures who dropped, with Northern Scalvaging, 0-8 Windwool Cloth per Mob.

But remember, it was Beta, so it could be patched on live so i Don't know.

Just saying: I just happend to farm Tailor 1-500 three days ago. With AE Loot priceless :>

It will take you no time to farm 525 with First Aid.

Have Fun

EDIT: Added a little something #9
    Last edited by mmocaf7f62dcd7; 2012-09-19 at 02:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bl4s3 View Post
    Linen Cloth - Since 5.0.4 i haven't found a good spot... just buy it...

Woll Cloth - Shadowfang Keep - 80 Wool Cloth per run and a bunch of Linen~~

Silk Cloth - New Scarlet Monastry - Scarlet Halls on the left - 120 Silk Cloth per run

Mageweave Cloth - Zul'Farak - My record was 180 Mageweave in one go. (Open the Graves!)

Runecloth - Lower Blackrockspire - Just clear all till you reach the Spidermother or whatnot her Name is. I don't know exactly how much dropp but i would say about 100 per run.

Netherweave Cloth - Blood Funace - Only Netherweave drops but plenty cheap in the AH

Frostweave Cloth - Just above Icecrown, there are Undead Moppacks (seven Ghosts)who usually drop 2-7 Frostweave

Embersilk Cloth - Tol Barad - Just above the Horde Camp there are Alliance and Horde Npcs fighting each other, they are always low on HP and have an insane respawn rate and, of course, dropp good Embersilk Cloth

Just saying: I just happend to farm Tailor 1-500 three days ago. With AE Loot priceless :>

It will take you no time to farm 525 with First Aid.

Have Fun

EDIT: Added a little something

Cool tips. TY

Deleted
    You're welcome.

EDIT: Just to add something:

Windwool Cloth - On the Beta there was a great Spot in the Townlong Steppes where there were Taurenlike Creatures who dropped, with Northern Scalvaging, 0-8 Windwool Cloth per Mob. One of the First quests brings you there.

But remember, it was Beta, so it could be patched so i dont know.
    Last edited by mmocaf7f62dcd7; 2012-09-13 at 01:06 PM.

Embersilk Cloth- Deepholm-Verlok Stand The area where the Trogg Verlok Pillartumblers are falling down from a ledge above, Fly unto that ledge, there are hundreds of them and they respawn before you can even finish killing the pack you are beating on.

At the Verlok Stand (roughly around) 73, 26 there are the Verlok Grubthumbers and Verlok Shroomtenders on a Pillar up in the air and down below. There are quite a bit of them and seem to spawn very quickly. Only problem is that they're close together and they'll likely come at you in a big group. In the northwest part of that little pillar, there's a group of 5 of them. If you can manage to pick 'em off slowly, it's pretty much a consistant flow of respawns (I wanna say they respawn in a minute, if not shorter). The embersilk drops 1-2 at a time, up to 45 silver per kill. I've had periods where I picked up 10 cloths in about 2 minutes, and also went about 5 minutes with only like 4-5 cloths. If you can handle the quick respawn and you can manage not to fall off, it seems like a fairly decent place to do farming without going further away. If you're daring and/or can do enough damage in a short period of time, you can take on the other side as well. On clothies, they do about 2500-3500 melee, with the occassional 7.5k Troglodyte Smash.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post
    Embersilk Cloth- Deepholm-Verlok Stand The area where the Trogg Verlok Pillartumblers are falling down from a ledge above, Fly unto that ledge, there are hundreds of them and they respawn before you can even finish killing the pack you are beating on.
    I dont think you can beat 600 Embersilk per Hour with that system. Although I had Northern Scalvaging AND Pot of Treasure Finding.

15+ Year Old Account
    http://www.wow-professions.com/farmi...-cloth-farming. Other good farm guides on that site too.

15+ Year Old Account
    A couple more spots to add to Bl4s3's list:

RFC for linen if you're horde
    Stockades for wool if you're alliance, i think it might drop some linen as well, been a while since I've farmed low-level cloth on my alliance server

Quote Originally Posted by Deatheryn View Post

Yup, bring a friend that is a tailor and turn it on free-for-all.

nothing beats tol barad for embersilk, about double the amount of deepholm drops

yeh verlok stand is an awesome spot with treasure find pot, AoE looting makes it probably the best ever.

cloth scavenging is also nice so best do it with a tailor.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    nothing beats tol barad for embersilk, about double the amount of deepholm drops
    AoE looting my friend, you never kill as many in TB each hour as you'd kill at verlok stand.
    Last edited by woopytywoop; 2012-09-13 at 04:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    Problem is, if you're on a PVP server and especially if you're on the "bad side" of a huge population imbalance, you're gonna get ganked or spend more time fighting off gankers than looting cloth. Even if you are on the "good side" there are still hit squads of bored PVPers who run around ganking everyone they can find.

Even with CRZ Deepholm is relatively barren and you'll have less of a chance of running into hostile players.

When its time to go for Embersilk, make sure to buy some Potion of Treasure Finding. It really speed things up!

Deleted
    what about the new cloth in MoP? anyone got a good farm spot for that yet?

Deleted
    EDIT: Just to add something:

Windwool Cloth - On the Beta there was a great Spot in the Townlong Steppes where there were Taurenlike Creatures who dropped, with Northern Scalvaging, 0-8 Windwool Cloth per Mob. One of the First quests brings you there.

But remember, it was Beta, so it could be patched so i dont know.
    I'll add it, lets see if the Spot works, when it goes live

Deleted
    Two more popular Frostweave Cloth places:
    • Converted Heroes, stacks of 7 guys to the west of Ymirheim in Icecrown. Lots of them.
    • Chosen Zealots in Icecrown, in a citadel near Corp'rethar. 44 level 80 elite mobs with a 2.5min respawn, pretty easy farming
    Either kill 24 one side and 20 on the other one or just 44 at the same time.
    AoE looting is such a nice thingy. :3

I dont think you can beat 600 Embersilk per Hour with that system. Although I had Northern Scalvaging AND Pot of Treasure Finding.

I was pulling 2-3 packs of these at a time as a Deathknight (no tailoring but with potion of treasure finding) and hit 400 embersilk cloth in 45 mins, so 600 in an hour isnt too far off.

Netherweave drops ALOT in Nagrand off of the ogres, and the caves are easy to farm with a short respawn time
    Quote Originally Posted by Iliyra View Post
    And yet here we are.

Another good Nagrand spot is the Twilight Ridge, it's not as heavily farmed as the Ogre caves and you get tons of Aldor rep items as well, which do in fact sell (though you'll likely have to put them up for 48-hour auction). The respawn rate is also ridiculously fast, I bounce between there and the Forge camps and usually one or the other is respawned.

Went there to farm some Oshu'gun Crystal Powder the other night for my Dark War Talbuk, and an hour of farming yielded 30 stacks of NW, 100-odd Mark of Sargeras (plus 100 or so Kiljaeden from the Forge camps) and 14 Fel Armaments, plus random greens which can potentially be transmog items. I made about 700g off the cloth and rep items at AH, not bad for an hour of farming I was going to do anyways.

Taurenlike Creatures
    They're known as "yaungol". Portmanteau of "yak", "tauren" and "mongol".
    Last edited by Farabee; 2012-09-14 at 08:16 PM.

I dont think you can beat 600 Embersilk per Hour with that system.
    Yeah - I got 1100 Embersilk in an hour up there, not to mention a thousand or so gold of other stuff.