Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Wasted my time farming honor... S13 honor gear is horrible

I basically spent a week doing tons of battlegrounds on the character I wanted to play for Season 13. I was looking forward to being on an even playing field once again because that's how it usually is at the start of seasons. I knew they changed it and made the honor gear slightly below the S12 gear... but really? I am 45k health below everyone who played last season. Nobody will do arenas/rbgs unless they are undergeared or suck, regardless of my rating. Is this blizzard's new philosophy? Give a lot of people way better gear and limit the strength of everyone else until mid-season? I think they are intentionally making PvP unbalanced this time.

Doesn't the new PvP gear of roughly equivilent Ilevel have increased PvP stats (resil / power) to balance out the difference in Stam however?

Just get some friends to boost you to 2k in rbgs like everyone else does when they gear an alt as a PVPer. If you don't have friends that pvp, then you don't need the gear anyways. Honor gear is suitable for bgs, not proper pvp. If you can't over come a minor (and i do mean, like 5% dmg 5% dmg taken) disadvantage then really the game is working correctly. Good players will over come an extremely minor disadvantage, bad players will have to get better or get farmed.

ya the new S13 gear has lower Primary stats like stam but has a lot more pvp power and resil.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84853 S12

http://www.wowhead.com/item=91504 S13

Quote Originally Posted by Fainth View Post
    ya the new S13 gear has lower Primary stats like stam but has a lot more pvp power and resil.

http://www.wowhead.com/item=84853 S12

http://www.wowhead.com/item=91504 S13
    Ok, so there isn't even a difference.. at all. You just are bad at PVP. Great. What a useful thread, another person crying about random battlegrounds.

Quote Originally Posted by Akoroth View Post
    Ok, so there isn't even a difference.. at all. You just are bad at PVP. Great. What a useful thread, another person crying about random battlegrounds.
    No difference at all? Slight pvp power/resil boost but you're losing thousands of raw stats from a full set of gear.

Hasn't blizzard said that s13 honor gear is technically equivalent to 0/2 s12 mal gear? Unless you've crunched the numbers, I don't think you should assert anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mican17 View Post
    Hasn't blizzard said that s13 honor gear is technically equivalent to 0/2 s12 mal gear? Unless you've crunched the numbers, I don't think you should assert anything.
    They did say that, and the difference between 476/483 and 491 is very significant. You might end up with 1% more resil, but you lack 50k hp and a lot of primary stats. Pvp power is useless with low primary stats.

s12 2/2 >>> s13 honor > s12 0/2

As far as I know.
    Last edited by WurstKaeseSzenario; 2013-03-17 at 06:21 AM.

Well, wow is pretty much 90% gear 10% skill so.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by dR-vIce View Post
    s12 2/2 >>> s13 honor > s12 0/2

As far as I know.
    Nope.

S12 2/2 > S12 0/2 > S13 Honor

It's really dumb. Coming in with full 476 pvp gear you have ~360k without fort, and I've been doing arenas against people with like 400-410k with fort with 491 PvP weapons who pretty much flat out crush us even when they make stupid mistakes.

Resilience is superior to stamina, don't be confused by health.

Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Nope.

It's really dumb. Coming in with full 476 pvp gear you have ~360k without fort, and I've been doing arenas against people with like 400-410k with fort with 491 PvP weapons who pretty much flat out crush us even when they make stupid mistakes.
    Honestly I think you're just making excuses. If you had crafted gear you'd be at a severe disadvantage but difference between s12 or s13 is not gonna make or break...
    Last edited by Baracuda; 2013-03-17 at 09:52 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by kbarh View Post
    may i suggest you check out wowwiki or any similar site, it's Grom that orders the murder of Cairne

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptUntsAhts View Post
    Nope.

If you know what you're doing the S13 honor set is better than the S12 0/2 set.

So you are complaining that you don't have better stats then someone that worked for an entire season to get a full set of 483 or 491 gear after farming honor for 3 days? My hunter just hit 90, I geared him in 2-3 days, he has around 370k HP. My warlock has a 490 ilvl, T2, 483/491 gear, gear gathered over about 3 months (started late). See the difference in the time invested?

Why is it people feel entitled to getting free gear for their alts just because it is a new season. Just because the season comes to a close doesn't mean that you are going to be on par with everyone else. Same goes for PvE gearing. If I want to gear my alts for PvE I need to actually do the old raids to get the gear and start from nothing. The gear they sell on the vendors of the new reps (equivalent to honor gear, 476) is worse then the current tiers gear and even most of the previous tiers gear. The whole point is that you still need to work to gear up, you don't just get everything for free.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post
    Correct, I suggest everyone that thinks actual health matters more than resilience to take a look at http://www.mmo-champion.com/threads/...silience-Guide.

Yes, someone with s12 2/2 upgrade will be better geared, but they worked the entire season on that. Honor gear is something you work a few days on, to give you a chance to catch up, not to outperform those who worker so hard on it.

Quote Originally Posted by Baracuda View Post

Honestly I think you're just making excuses. If you had crafted gear you'd be at a severe disadvantage but difference between s12 or s13 is not gonna make or break...
    yeah and it actually could give you the upper hand if they think you're a pushover with the lower health.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hjelpen View Post
    Well, wow is pretty much 90% gear 10% skill so.
    You sound like you know exactly what you are talking about.... Im guessing 2200 rbg hero and 1600 arena

OT: 50k Hp wont matter until you reach 2700 rating in which case everyone has the same gear anyways...
    Last edited by mmocb47e9d5b09; 2013-03-17 at 10:11 PM.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post
    So you are complaining that you don't have better stats then someone that worked for an entire season to get a full set of 483 or 491 gear after farming honor for 3 days? My hunter just hit 90, I geared him in 2-3 days, he has around 370k HP. My warlock has a 490 ilvl, T2, 483/491 gear, gear gathered over about 3 months (started late). See the difference in the time invested?

Why is it people feel entitled to getting free gear for their alts just because it is a new season. Just because the season comes to a close doesn't mean that you are going to be on par with everyone else. Same goes for PvE gearing. If I want to gear my alts for PvE I need to actually do the old raids to get the gear and start from nothing. The gear they sell on the vendors of the new reps (equivalent to honor gear, 476) is worse then the current tiers gear and even most of the previous tiers gear. The whole point is that you still need to work to gear up, you don't just get everything for free.
    Not asking for a reset for all alts. Asking for a less-shitty catchup method after arguably the most unbalanced PvP season WoW has seen.
    You don't need to do old raids AT ALL for PvE to catch up. You get to 460, run MSV LFR, fill in leftover slots with a couple honor pieces from the JP you got during heroics (476 is 476, pvp stats dont take up itemization) run HoF and Terrace LFR, and you're pretty damn close to 480, which gets you into the new LFR, and then you are ready for normal mode raiding.

You're at a slight disadvantage, but its really damn easy to overcome after downing a few bosses and getting ToT loot. Instead, I have to trudge through arenas fighting people in half to full 491 just because we decided to play a different comp this season. How dare us.

Edit: The only problem with the system is that they made upgrades on pvp gear. Which they already said was a terrible idea. They should have cleared all upgrades off and made that very known like 2 months ago so people didn't spend conquest on them.
    Last edited by Valedus; 2013-03-17 at 10:10 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Novx View Post

This. People who have worked hard for their gear last season should have a slight edge over people who grinded the honor gear in this season. Its not as any of this really matters because in a couple of weeks people will have Tyrannical gear. So basically if you're someone who has the honor gear now, worry about getting Tyrannical gear over someone having a slight advantage over you.

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan Cailan Ebonheart View Post
    This. People who have worked hard for their gear last season should have a slight edge over people who grinded the honor gear in this season. Its not as any of this really matters because in a couple of weeks people will have Tyrannical gear. So basically if you're someone who has the honor gear now, worry about getting Tyrannical gear over someone having a slight advantage over you.
    Slight advantage, not 15 item levels. The item upgrade system was really, really stupid for PvP.