Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Bubble no longer working in many places?

So was hitting up Alysrazor last night, and Bubble no longer seemed to work against Harsh Winds damage.

I'm wondering if they hotfixed a bunch of other things to not be bubbled as well (more curious in this tier about Frostbite and Eye Sores). Anyone have any data about this, or was it just a fluke?

Is this maybe pertaining to the HoPurity change?

Probably a coding thing. Bubble was still taking off Horridon stacks last night, haven't been on today to check. Hopefully they didn't break it...

But if they did, can they just remove the damn spell and stop "balancing" Ret/Prot around it!?
    Quote Originally Posted by Malthanis View Post
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    Originally Posted by Blizzard Entertainment
    If it was that easy don't you think we would have figured that out? (Source)
    20k and counting...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nairobi View Post
    But if they did, can they just remove the damn spell and stop "balancing" Ret/Prot around it!?
    No thanks, I like my bubble
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 // 2023- || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-

Quote Originally Posted by Tomana View Post
    No thanks, I like my bubble
    I see in your sig that you are Holy. You'll see in my post that I mentioned Prot and Ret exclusively. This is because Divine Shield is an amazing tool for a healer, who can make use of the immunity and not gimp their damage, while simulatneously recovering their team/self via bomb heals. However, it is a terrible burden for both tanks and melee that have their damage reduced by 50%, drop aggro or the flag, and cannot come close to topping themselves off.

Bubble for Prot/Ret is simply another PVP trinket/debuff clear, or way to cheese PVE mechanics. While that is cool and neat and useful in certain situations, it sucks to have your toolkit balanced around something that is amazing for one spec and terrible for the other 2.
    We'll all be appropriately shocked/amazed when Nairobi actually gets an avatar, but until then, let's try to not derail the thread heckling him about it.
    20k and counting...

Bubble for Prot/Ret is simply another PVP trinket/debuff clear, or way to cheese PVE mechanics. While that is cool and neat and useful in certain situations, it sucks to have your toolkit balanced around something that is amazing for one spec and terrible for the other 2.
    That's the thing, it's annoying to have mechanics that are not negated by bubble. I understand that not every mechanic should be immuned, but when other classes also have dispersion, zen meditation, or just plain out much better defensive CD's than non-prot paladins, bubble isn't so OP anymore.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    That's the thing, it's annoying to have mechanics that are not negated by bubble. I understand that not every mechanic should be immuned, but when other classes also have dispersion, zen meditation, or just plain out much better defensive CD's than non-prot paladins, bubble isn't so OP anymore.
    Right, hence why I stated initially that I wish they'd either 1) fix it or 2) remove it But we got caught up in a debate with Holy vs. Other pal's and it got slightly OT.

I agree, I just want to see consistency in what can/cannot be bubble'd. It has somehow devolved into a convoluted mess not unlike the English language...I before E, except after C and sometimes other shit.

Not even gonna get into the arguments in PVP about the antiquated, easily counterable ability that prevents any real defensives from being afforded to Paladins.
    20k and counting...

iceblock is not working all the time either

Quote Originally Posted by blackyfrost View Post
    iceblock is not working all the time either
    Mage issues? Rest assured the dev's are on that. Should see a hotfix soon!
    20k and counting...

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    did lfr council and bubble failed (as did I) on the troll roll.

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 02:22 PM ----------

Mage issues? Rest assured the dev's are on that. Should see a hotfix soon!
    a nerf to melee dps and an increase in sub fees to all non mages.
    You cared enough to post.

jUst wantet to solo alyzrazor - and cant anymore as i have same problem bobbel dosent work

Quote Originally Posted by yeto View Post
    jUst wantet to solo alyzrazor - and cant anymore as i have same problem bobbel dosent work
    Luckily, you don't actually need bubble to solo Alysrazor anymore (40% DP + Devotion Aura for the 80k ticks), but that's not the main point of the thread. The point is whether it's now broken on current content as well, and how this is completely stupid and unnecessary of a change.

I never went outside the circle at all while soloing Alysrazor. You can easily survive the hatchlings as long as you focus on keeping yourself up and get her low enough before she burns out.

As much as I love the concept of bubble.
    They need to drop it.

Give Ret CC immunity or a breaker on a shorter CD(perhaps 2 mins,) strengthen Divine Protection up to 40% for both physical and magic and then maybe we're going places for Ret.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bubble also didnt work last night on Durumuu during his eye beam phase. My camera angle bugged out and i was standing in eye sores so i bubbled at like 30% hp and still just died straight thru my bubble, i wonder if it is intended?

Quote Originally Posted by Alesso View Post
    Bubble also didnt work last night on Durumuu during his eye beam phase. My camera angle bugged out and i was standing in eye sores so i bubbled at like 30% hp and still just died straight thru my bubble, i wonder if it is intended?
    In short, that is intended. It also will no longer remove Frostbite but will still block the damage. Luckily, Alysrazor herself isn't that difficult to solo even without bubble. In fact, with the Flash of Light buffs, I actually found it easier post-5.2 even without bubble to heal through Harsh Winds (I'd imagine the arena itself is difficult to tank unless you are prot, in which case I had trouble doing effective air damage without having to dip down for vengeance).

I understand why bubble is a stronger CD than even dispersion or zen meditation - it removes and negates debuffs. I'm not suggesting that we replace bubble with dispersion or that somehow it is "equal" to the two. But I do think that it should work for its stated purpose - damage immunity - just like dispersion and zen meditation reduce damage taken by 90% in all cases.

The counter-side which I accept is that we have less other defenses as non-tank specs compared with other non-tanks. But then the 5 minute CD should work as intended, not "work only 30% of the time"

10+ Year Old Account
    That's why I prefer they remove it or change it..something like reduce all dmg taken 50% for 3 mins cd with combination of divine protection and hand of purity it will be nice defensive cds. If not? then replace it with something offensive or as the others said a cc breaker or something because at the moment it's an old design when very long cd and immunity..yes it was OP before they nerf it to 8 secs instead of 12 and before warrior and priest can remove it...but these days are long gone..it needs to be either redesigned completly or replaced with another thing. I know it's our signature unique that define our class but unfortunatly it's no longer that unique and not that good anymore.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Velshin View Post
    That's why I prefer they remove it or change it..something like reduce all dmg taken 50% for 3 mins cd with combination of divine protection and hand of purity it will be nice defensive cds. If not? then replace it with something offensive or as the others said a cc breaker or something because at the moment it's an old design when very long cd and immunity..yes it was OP before they nerf it to 8 secs instead of 12 and before warrior and priest can remove it...but these days are long gone..it needs to be either redesigned completly or replaced with another thing. I know it's our signature unique that define our class but unfortunatly it's no longer that unique and not that good anymore.
    50% damage reduction on a 3 minute cooldown would be weak. I assume that is what you meant because 50% damage reduction for 3minutes would be OP.

Bubble is fine. I am pretty sure it never removed frostbite. I have used it every week since ToT came out. I still had the Frostbite but took no damage for the duration of bubble. They probably just didn't want it to to be negated by immunities. Its not the first time they have done it. Bubble is still strong on Lei Shen with the Static Shock because you can completely self soak it by popping it when it is about to go off.

Nowadays bubble is just there so classes that have specific counters against it (that is most of them) have reason to use those in pvp.

Deleted
    Hi i was wondering if someone knew if bubble was working on Jin'rokh heroic for the Ionization debuff or if i should be sticking to DP ?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Westwizzle View Post
    Hi i was wondering if someone knew if bubble was working on Jin'rokh heroic for the Ionization debuff or if i should be sticking to DP ?
    It works for making sure you do not get the ionization debuff if you pop it before it is cast on the raid. I assume it would remove the debuff too but I would not do that while in the puddle. Most things like ice block and otherwise used to remove ionization will also drop it in the puddle if you are standing in it and wipe the raid.