Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Sharlok View Post
    I agree with everything OP said. There are three things though: visually ToT is not bad at all. its a very different theme and I personally dont like it as much as the theme that Ulduar has but it still looks good.

secondly: Ulduar had portals that made travelling through the instance easier, I dont get why they they got rid of those.

thirdly: There was a kick ass train in Ulduar.

seriously though, the train had literally no purpose other than adding some flair to the raid. in the raid we loved to fight over who could press the buttons to interact with the environment. it was just a cool gimmick. ToT is lacking in that department in my opinion
    While I agree adding the portals would be a nice change, they now made it so that as you progress further into the raid, you enter the instance closer to the boss you are fighting. Back in Ulduar, you would always enter at the beginning of the raid IIRC.

Train was awesome.

Im thinking that players would have a different reaction if they had to spend half of the ulduar raid infiltrating the instance through the sewers.
    Most people would rather die than think, and most people do. -Bertrand Russell
    Before the camps, I regarded the existence of nationality as something that shouldn’t be noticed - nationality did not really exist, only humanity. But in the camps one learns: if you belong to a successful nation you are protected and you survive. If you are part of universal humanity - too bad for you -Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn

ulduar doesnt have dinosaurs /endthread
    "I was a normal baby for 30 seconds, then ninjas stole my mamma" - Deadpool
    "so what do we do?" "well jack, you stand there and say 'gee rocket raccoon I'm so glad you brought that Unfeasibly large cannon with you..' and i go like this BRAKKA BRAKKA BRAKKA" - Rocket Raccoon

FC: 3437-3046-3552

Ulduar was great if you were on the cutting edge. The bosses were too hard for normal raids. There were far too many bosses to clear. The raid didn't outlast its welcome because it was gone in a heartbeat. It also had over 2 patches worth of Development time.

There was no PUGing uldar. There was no casual progression through ulduar. Ulduar killed casual raiding.

Blizzard revamped the LFD tool and emblem system in 3.2 because very few people had the gear necessary to get into ToC.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Adramalech View Post
    Hakkar (leave his priests alive, he gets stronger), Eredar Twins (kill them in the harder order, drops extra loot if you succeed). You didn't have an achievement to track it, and Hakkar didn't drop different loot if you did his "hard mode" (I think), but twins did. But they were there. Those are the only I can think of, but they existed. If you look at it, Hakkar's "hard" mode was pretty much like Sartharion's in trigger, and Eredar Twins are just like Iron Council or Protectors of the Endless.

Also, before you try to kill the twins and tell me they drop the same thing regardless of who you kill first: they were changed (don't remember which patch, but likely 3.0) to drop the same loot regardless of Alythess or Sacrolash going down first. But originally, their loot would change.
    Thanks for the info - wasn't aware of these two. Probably cause I never made it that far then !

Quote Originally Posted by TyrianFC View Post
    In summary:

Ulduars beautiful titan theme, lore, architecture and visually pleasing colour palette > Troll theme, troll lore and swamp murky green/blue colour palette.

Throne of Thunder still looks good, but yes Ulduar just felt better. I attribute part of this to the Titan theme simply being a superior inspiration and tool for the artists and designers to work with.
    It was also a lot brighter once you got inside - we have a lot of dark and gloomy/muted color palettes to deal with, and Ulduar was properly lit.

Deleted
    Ulduar was not the best raid ever
    Just one of the first raids half of the casual wow population has ever entered.

The answer: Nostalgia + the philosophy of anything being repeated enough makes it true.

The Patient AnotherInternetOpinion's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by bany View Post
    Ulduar was not the best raid ever
    Just one of the first raids half of the casual wow population has ever entered.

Amen to that. Tell them how it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Spinachsandwich View Post
    Ulduar wasn't even the best raid in wrath.
    Posting things like this should get you a perman ban.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kreeb View Post
    Posting things like this should get you a perman ban.
    His opinion and he is entitled to it. Personally for me the really only good fights in Ulduar were mimiron, Freya and Yogg. Still have fantastic memories of Yogg fight. The differences of the 4 watcher fights and the variety in the scenery was awesome as well. But for me I still enjoyed ICC a lot more. Heroic Putricide was a fantastic fight and LK was as memorable if not more so than Yogg. There are no fights in ICC I look at and think "ugh, not this boss again" due to sheer boredom of the fight. With Ulduar the first 5 bosses (maybe with the exception of XT) were a complete snorefest.

Tier 14 and 15 are very good raids. It's a mistake to judge them while you only do LFR OP. Ulduar was awesome, but I think the epic feeling of it was mostly because it didn't have the gimmicky heroic modes activated in the interface. It was one raid and you decided how to fight the bosses, by engaging them in a different way.
    I still think Sunwell was the best raid ever created. We all have our own subjective viewpoints though.
    Personally I think Ulduar is so highly praised because it is the last of the "proper raids". Raids that weren't puggable even on normal. The vast majority didn't see even half of Ulduar, not even on normal, when it was current. It was mysterious and cool which makes a lot of people claim it was the best, regardless of whether they actually raided it.