Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    Fuck no, I quit raiding in the second wing of ICC because of the ridiculous time commitment of doing progress on 10 and 25 every week.

ToGC was the perfect length for the multiple raid lockout setup. ICC caused them to switch over to the single lockout, if it was that way from the beginning I probably wouldn't have gotten so burnt out.
    Because god forbid you actually make a choice not to do things that burn you out. Maybe this game would have a lot more options for a lot more players if so many of them didn't rely on Blizzard to tell them how to play the game.

Quote Originally Posted by xanzul View Post
    Because god forbid you actually make a choice not to do things that burn you out. Maybe this game would have a lot more options for a lot more players if so many of them didn't rely on Blizzard to tell them how to play the game.
    Hmm weird, I think that's exactly what I said I did.... Your comment was both thoughtful and productive.

Quote Originally Posted by dkdk View Post
    Hmm weird, I think that's exactly what I said I did.... Your comment was both thoughtful and productive.
    ya u won...he didn't actually comprehend what he read that you wrote

OT: I'm kinda of the mindset that the trash is ok. As was already mentioned.....A)with gear it'll get WAY quicker anyway and B) finding the optimal way to clear/pull/spawn the least amount of trash in a somewhat sprawling area is kind of the fun and adventure. First time down to Meg took much longer than any subsequent time will (hopefully). Not pulling extra stuff on the way to the bird isn't tough but requires being somewhat aware....again, it'll be faster next time. The stuff still drops some gear and as the weeks go by it just becomes more of a game than anything. I'm OK with it.
    Last edited by SirReal; 2013-03-21 at 04:34 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Meleti View Post
    Too much trash is more annoying than difficult trash, although too much difficult trash is also annoying.
    The real reason people are complaining is because THIS trash, especially the bridge and the snails.. eat DPS. Normally, only tanks have to worry about some minor mechanisms from trash pulls, now you have dps having to actually pay attention during trash.

That is why it is suddently ´difficult and too much´

Quote Originally Posted by Azrile View Post
    The real reason people are complaining is because THIS trash, especially the bridge and the snails.. eat DPS. Normally, only tanks have to worry about some minor mechanisms from trash pulls, now you have dps having to actually pay attention during trash.

That is why it is suddently ´difficult and too much´
    In my opinion the challenge is welcome if it's served together with rewards. In this case the reputation gain persisting for more than neutral, even if diminished.

Tedious trash tends to get nerfed fairly promptly. See: Ultraxion.

Yeah, I especially hate how much time it takes to kill the trash. I'd rather just bulldoze through easy trash than spend precious raid time on trash. What is the point of having as much trash as there is this tier...?

..I can tell a lot of people here didn't do TBC raids.

Deleted
    Lol we got 5 thrash epics so far 1 thunderforged in 10 man. and we only killed 4 bosses so far

Deleted
    I hate the trash before the Hydra boss, the room is so massive and wasted with some boring trash and lots of it.

Also thrash != trash.

First week it was new, unexpected and fun. Second just annoying. Third week boring. What will it be in next few weeks? Look for me like pain in the ass.

We usually get some items from trash (e.g. useless intelect plate bracers without spirit ;]) but that does not change the fact that it just is boring. And over time it will only get worse.
    Last edited by dzidek; 2013-03-21 at 11:36 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for once I'm in love with the trash in ToT. It gives a sense of immersion unlike raids like ToC or DS.

Also, BT comes to mind.

Seems someone never played TBC at its days. SSC for example says ''Hi''
    | Lenovo Legion5 17ACH6H | i7 8700K @ 4.7 GhZ| ASUS Rog Strix Z370-F GAMING | 32 GB Kingston Fury Beast DDR4 3600MHz | 2 x Acer 27" Predator XB271HU | Fractal Design Meshify C | Master MasterLiquid ML360R WaterCooling | Samsung 850 Evo 250GB | Samsung 860 Evo 1TB | Samsung 980 PRO M.2 1Tb | Asus RTX 2070 | EVGA 650W GQ | Steelseries Rival | Logitech G815 | Playstation 5 | Xbox Series X | Nintendo Switch

The trash is awesome, nom nom snails and the windy sections especially - it's a raid, not a boss spawner.
    I am the lucid dream
    Uulwi ifis halahs gag erh'ongg w'ssh

I liked the snails once we figured out what they do, and I liked the bell room once we figured out the path of least resistance through. The wind room was a pain and a horror the first night, but we're getting into a rhythm with it and now I'm getting to the point where I can laugh through it. Although I do think it would be better with 3 banshees per bridge, so that you have a single pull and a double pull.

10+ Year Old Account
    There really isn't that much trash. If people clear every mob before Megaera then that is a problem but you can skip most of it. Same goes with Ji-Kun trash if people step on spider webs, and bones, and thus pull extra Spiders and Worms then yea it's a lot. Besides raid instances without trash are boring.

the trash over all seems to differ a lot.

The trash up till the first boss is quite fast.
    then from fist boss till horridon is the famous bridge of doom not much trash perse but it takes quite some time.
    from horridon till council god I hate that trash to many big packs and it feels just windy and long.
    from council till tortos its pretty much non existence (3 bat packs I believe)
    from tortos till the hydra boss there's lots of trash but you can skill like most of it and I think that one goes pretty fast actually.
    from hydra till the bird boss (its quite a trek) but the snails of doom make up for it its just freaking hilarius XD

Guess overall it seem to variate a lot between bosses I actually like it.

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Most of it's really quick, the only tedious trash I found in the whole instance is the stuff before Horridon. Ji-kun trash is really quick if you don't step on unnecessary things and Megaera is really quick as well if you just go an efficient route prioritizing the bells.

I like trash that ties into boss abilities and that's what a lot of it tries to do prior to most of the bosses. The instance is large and it feels large, some of it's because of trash. Whats a boss if it doesn't have themed trash/minions prior to it? Oh, ToC.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    There's a shit load of difficult trash (the ones before ji Kun for example) that dont give rep past friendly or drop gear.
    You're lucky you never raided in Vanilla/TBC.

Without trash, a raid feels empty.

With trash, it's boring and in the end, just simply annoying.

You can't win

i liked the TOC model with no trash.