Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Manila, Philippines (formally California)

Soloing raven lord mount

Hey all, I haven't tried yet but do you have any advice for farming the raven lord mount solo? I've been wanting to get my hands on that doodfor a while so any advice would be much appreciated. I'm beast mastery spec with Ilevel 443, thanks!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morpheus306 View Post
    Hey all, I haven't tried yet but do you have any advice for farming the raven lord mount solo? I've been wanting to get my hands on that doodfor a while so any advice would be much appreciated. I'm beast mastery spec with Ilevel 443, thanks!
    walk in, faceroll.

Seriously, anyone can do it easily now, Its just time consuming because of the low drop rate.

Deleted
    Raven Lord from Sethekk Halls? Just go kill it.

Enter the dungeon and kill mobs, Anzu included. As level 90 with that sort of gear you wont have any trouble doing so. Best of luck with getting it drop!
    "no beards on female dwarves = ruined roleplay experience"

Deleted
    You can solo it at lvl 80...

also if u got tank do it this way - run rhc when there is a reward so your a chance of getting one is bigger (got mine this way some time back)
    anyway this instance will be a laugh - probably your pet will kill all

Kill the MC mobs first, I think they have "controller" in their name. They are the only thing that can delay you slightly.

10+ Year Old Account
    considering i used to solo this as 80 tank dk in icc gear what YOU can do is walk in and lolstomp the crap out of everything

Walk in, laugh at how everything's health is so low, you'll probably 1shot it all... then fondly remember the times when BC heroics were actually a pain in the ass

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Wow you guys are fast with responses haha. So it sounds like its not as hard as I thought it would be, I'm gonna give it a few tries and I'll let you know how it goes. Have any of you soloed old raids for mounts and succeeded? I wanted to go for onyxia also because I used to run her every week for months and no mount back when level cap was 80.

Deleted
    Wow you guys are fast with responses haha. So it sounds like its not as hard as I thought it would be, I'm gonna give it a few tries and I'll let you know how it goes. Have any of you soloed old raids for mounts and succeeded? I wanted to go for onyxia also because I used to run her every week for months and no mount back when level cap was 80.
    I solo Onyxia on my druid with no gear, shouldn't be a problem if you just spec into living bond or whatever that 2% heal per sec is called. Also use a tank pet.

Deleted
    you should have no problems with onyxia, you could solo her when she came out!

I just kept 85 alts that I never play parked at sethekk halls. Killed him 5 times a day and got it in 13 days.

Deleted
    Guide to soloing the Raven Lord boss at lvl 90
    - Ensure you have ressurection sickness
    - Ensure you are completely naked except for a lvl 5 crossbow
    - No pets
    - Enter the instance and gently fart in the direction of the trash and the boss
    - loot

(this isn't intended to be rude, it's just pointing out that you have no worries walking in there and killing the boss)

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Matooth View Post
    Guide to soloing the Raven Lord boss at lvl 90
    - Ensure you have ressurection sickness
    - Ensure you are completely naked except for a lvl 5 crossbow
    - No pets
    - Enter the instance and gently fart in the direction of the trash and the boss
    - loot

(this isn't intended to be rude, it's just pointing out that you have no worries walking in there and killing the boss)
    Haha that's awesome

just go in and roflstomp anzu. we are level 90 now. stat growth is exponential. level 70 mobs in a 5-man dungeon shouldn't be able to take even 1% of your hp.
    Warlorcs of Draenorc made me quit. You can't have my stuff.

You dont even need to kill 95% of the mobs in the instance, since you wont aggro them.

Anzu is easy, try to kill him before he is invulnerable so you avoid several seconds of delay.

Like others have said, the only thing that can even annoy you now is the mobs that mind control... Just kill them first and you could probably chain pull the entire instance to the end.

Keyboard Turner
    10+ Year Old Account
    Ok so this sounds pretty freakin easy, what would you say is the hardest to solo?

I soloed it at the start of WotLK with my Bear tank in 50% Naxx Epix.
    I also did on 2 chars at lvl 85 in Cata and was already a faceroll...now at 90 must be insanely easy. He has 200k hp i think, so you can 3 shot him.

Just go in, kill, profit.
    Last edited by Patife17; 2013-03-18 at 02:29 PM.