View Poll Results: Are Night Elves mutated from Trolls via the Well of Eternity?

Voters
125. This poll is closed
  • Yes

96 76.80%
  • No

21 16.80%
  • Unsure

8 6.40%
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Kelimbror's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Superman-BladesEdge View Post
    it would seem they were always elves.
    http://www.wowwiki.com/Kaldorei
    They all come from the same place. As do Naga and Satyrs. They are all elves. So what you should really be asking is does it make you feel weird as a Troll to realize you are actually an elf?

Edit: Notice the parts talking about the Kaldorei as the great tribe in the land who delved in dark places (jungles, dark forests, caves). The psuedo jamaican troll hunter culture that developed was just an evolution of the line of them that didn't become highborne, night elves, or other. Their original form was certainly not a Troll in the way that you mean it.
    Last edited by Kelimbror; 2013-03-20 at 06:29 PM.
    BAD WOLF

Personally, I hate night elves. They are very popular as DK tanks, hunters, and druids. But somewhere, likely another thread, I read about how the night elves are nothing more than mutated Trolls thanks to the magical power qualities of the Well of Eternity.

I think it's amusing, that if this is true, they are pretty high and mighty for being a second-hand troll. Is anyone able to confirm this through any of the novels at all? I tried checking different web-sources, but they all use the term "possible, but unclear" and reference that it is coincidental that the only race living near the well at the time was Trolls.

Just looking for a little confirmation that night elves aren't really elves at all.

EDIT: Now that we have confirmed Night Elves are mutated trolls, I wonder how many people who strictly play Night Elves, or who have a Night Elf main are bothered by this Troll discovery in their ancestry.
    I wonder how many people care?
    I wonder how many blood elves realise they are 2nd rate, 2nd hand trolls

Regardless, it's evolved. I'm (real life) a super evolved primate. Do I care? Pass me another cold one outta the fridge there and we'll talk about it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille
    I knew it would be useful to be french at some point.
    Quote Originally Posted by xxAkirhaxx
    just get a mac. It's like sleeping with a fat chick to avoid STD's.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazus View Post
    lolwut?

Blood Elves are an off-shot from Night Elves. They're Highborne who changed after being forced to live in the Eastern Kingdoms and away from the Well of Eternity. Which would make them twice-mutated trolls.

All elves on Azeroth are descended from trolls. Enjoy.
    Yeah, that's a bummer... I sense a race change to Tauren in my future lol

Blood elves are just mutated night elves and corrupted high elves.

10+ Year Old Account
    So it looks as though The Blood Elves used waters from the same well of eternity to enhance their magics, but it would seem they were always elves.
    Well BE and NE are in the same ship in these matter... it's just like these:

Troll => Night Elf => Hight Elf => Blood Elf => Wretched (there are also Wretched Hight Elfs)
    Troll => Night Elf => Naga

I believe High/Blood Elves are the descendants of Night Elves (mostly Highbourne) that sailed across the ocean after the Sundering. They were exiled for practicing arcane magic. Distance from the well of eternity and separation from their kin drained their skin color and shortened them
    If there's one thing World of Warcraft players hate more than people who don't play, it's people that do play but not as much as them.

10+ Year Old Account
    Orcs can be trolls,humans can be trolls,pandas can be trolls,etc,etc.Trust me i see proof of this every day in trade chat.
    Here come the Irish.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zinistra View Post
    Werent Highborne(sort of like high elves?) evolved from Nelfs through the frequent use of arcane magic (which they later stopped using), and blood elves from the addiction of arcane magic?
    To the best of my knowledge I seem to recall Highborne were no different to ordinary Night Elves physically. They were just part of the upper class of their society who believed in their arrogance they were a new race. The reason their powers were different was because they were the people who had access to the Well while the others did not.

Lol, didn't think before posting, classic

"Oh, I'm an evolved troll too...shit... ok, I'll become an evolved bovine, that sounds super" /facepalm

Deleted
    Don't know why you're so hung up on your character being descended from trolls. Trolls are one of few native Azerothian species as opposed to being descended from Titanic constructs like Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes. Be proud dammit.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why is that a bummer? is just like the Humans... they are a mutation of the Vrykuls

I don't feel good if you want to ask me. I thought Night Elves were children of Elune, a beautiful god, not a genetic modification of (primitive)trolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    If by mutated, you mean evolved, and by evolved you mean amazingly sexy and superior, then yes - mutated it is.

And by the way, OP, if night elves are mutated trolls, then what exactly are blood elves? Oh, that's right, mutated night elves (and by mutated, I mean mu-tated). Because the only difference between the two was born via the sunwell, aka exactly like what? Oh, that's right, exactly like how the night elves became different from trolls.

tl;dr
    hi5 at irony!
    Last edited by foxHeart; 2013-03-20 at 06:33 PM.
    Look! Words!

Actually... makes me a little sad that I am an arcane Highbourne version of a mutated troll. I figured we came from somewhere... didn't know it was night elves :P
    LOL! This is a hilarious thread, its kind of like someone screaming about the elderly getting retirement benefits from taxes and then that person gets old and wonders what happened to those retirement benefits!

This reminded me of the Dark Moon Fair Podcast where they got the guy who does the majority ofmale Gnome voices in WoW to say, "The hardest thing about killing Night Elves is skinning the bastards afterwards!"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mercutiouk View Post
    Lol, didn't think before posting, classic

"Oh, I'm an evolved troll too...shit... ok, I'll become an evolved bovine, that sounds super" /facepalm
    Yep Not afraid to admit I shoved shoe leather past my tonsils

Quote Originally Posted by Scummer View Post
    To the best of my knowledge I seem to recall Highborne were no different to ordinary Night Elves physically. They were just part of the upper class of their society who believed in their arrogance they were a new race. The reason their powers were different was because they were the people who had access to the Well while the others did not.
    Makes sense. Like the elves in that cataclysm heroic, the one with Azshara.
    http://zinistra.deviantart.com/

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Sergar View Post
    Evolution isn't always an improvement, it's a synonym for adaptation. There are plenty of examples of evolutionary dead-ends.
    Hence why I said "implies".

---------- Post added 2013-03-20 at 06:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by foxHeart View Post
    If by mutated, you mean evolved, and by evolved you mean amazingly sexy and superior, then yes - mutated it is.
    Let's be honest, becoming more attractive than a Troll isn't hard .

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Krazus View Post
    Don't know why you're so hung up on your character being descended from trolls. Trolls are one of few native Azerothian species as opposed to being descended from Titanic constructs like Humans, Dwarves and Gnomes. Be proud dammit.
    I was glad to see it was trolls, but sad to hear it was an exiled version of night elves. It's like not liking any sort of religion and then finding out your entire family is made of ministers.

10+ Year Old Account
    Didn't they alter the lore surrounding Night Elf evolution in MoP?
    Weren't they enslaved Dark Trolls who evolved due to their proximity with the Vale and it's waters? Or am I just making stuff up?

Yep Not afraid to admit I shoved shoe leather past my tonsils
    Happens to the best of us

To be fair, if I was to play much horde I'd be cow too. There's just something about 7 foot of hoofed beefiness in about 2 tonnes of plate that rather appeals (tank or dps, I found I prefer plate classes)