View Poll Results: Are Night Elves mutated from Trolls via the Well of Eternity?

Voters
125. This poll is closed
  • Yes

96 76.80%
  • No

21 16.80%
  • Unsure

8 6.40%
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Amnasty View Post
    With the Lore Spun now about the trolls and great dieing trolls becoming Loa, I belive Elune to be a troll Loa, warshipped by the dark troll tribe, and evolved into a night elf deity metaphorically, while always remaining a troll Loa of this particular Dark Troll Tribe.

Which also makes me wonder, Dark Troll Tribe turned to Night Elves, do they share a common ancestor or even the same lineage as the Darkspear (a Dark Troll Tribe)
    Darkspear are jungle trolls not dark trolls.
    Twas brillig

Quote Originally Posted by Wildmoon View Post
    Why people care if NE evolved from troll? In the end they are differemt anyway and NEs are still not Trolls.
    I dont like it because it devalues the lore. Its better to have a bit of mystery instead of having every question answered.

What is better, a fierce matriarchal society of warriors who slaughter any hostile invaders, and worship a confirmed diety who made them in her own image, while commanding the power of nature.
    Or mutated troll hippy whores who are too stupid to realize that the god they worship is a giant wind-chime, and cant fight to save their own land.

I liked it better when you didnt know where the night elves came from.

10+ Year Old Account
    Whats to discuss? It all seems pretty self explanatory. Dark trolls who lived close to the well of eternity were mutated by the wells magic and they became night elves and high elves. The night elves try to deny it because of there unending faith in Elune, who has not even so much as made an appearance yet, and it takes a dwarf to unravel there belief system in there origins.

It really doesn't take much to see it. look at trolls, then look at elves. Hell, the zandalari on isle of thunder look more close related to night elves then trolls.

Quote Originally Posted by Pebrocks The Warlock View Post
    But they are elves, even if they are evolved Trolls. The term evolve pretty much means "to become better". So calling them evolved trolls is saying they became better than trolls, but that's all based on your view of things.

Anyway:

http://www.wowpedia.org/Night_elves#...ernity_Origins
    Ok getting nitpicky here and 6 pages too late, but I'd just like to point out that evolve simply means change over time. Trolls being suddenly turned into elves would be more akin to a mutation. If the development of dark trolls into night elves took several generations, then evolution would fit. But evolution does not mean the end result is neccisarily 'better' than what they were before.

Quote Originally Posted by Florena View Post
    Ok getting nitpicky here and 6 pages too late, but I'd just like to point out that evolve simply means change over time. Trolls being suddenly turned into elves would be more akin to a mutation. If the development of dark trolls into night elves took several generations, then evolution would fit. But evolution does not mean the end result is neccisarily 'better' than what they were before.
    I understand people may have a different view of evolution than me. To me, anything evolved is better than what it came from. I already said it's based on "your view of things". I don't see why you got to nitpick that.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by Sandrox View Post
    I dont like it because it devalues the lore. Its better to have a bit of mystery instead of having every question answered.

What is better, a fierce matriarchal society of warriors who slaughter any hostile invaders, and worship a confirmed diety who made them in her own image, while commanding the power of nature.
    Or mutated troll hippy whores who are too stupid to realize that the god they worship is a giant wind-chime, and cant fight to save their own land.

I liked it better when you didnt know where the night elves came from.
    I honestly agree with this, though I wish whatever dumb idiots who came up with that whole "Elune is a Naaru" crap on Wowinsider would burn in hell or its Azerothian equivalent...seriously it's lame fandom guessing like that which probably encourages Blizz to go that way. Nelfs evolving from trolls I can take, though I think it's just as likely both Nelfs and trolls could share a common, unmentioned ancestor rather than some breakoff tribe just happening to be near the well.

Quote Originally Posted by xezar View Post
    I honestly agree with this, though I wish whatever dumb idiots who came up with that whole "Elune is a Naaru" crap on Wowinsider would burn in hell or its Azerothian equivalent...seriously it's lame fandom guessing like that which probably encourages Blizz to go that way. Nelfs evolving from trolls I can take, though I think it's just as likely both Nelfs and trolls could share a common, unmentioned ancestor rather than some breakoff tribe just happening to be near the well.
    NE evolving from troll has nothing to do with Elune being Naaru which she is not because of different in their nature. We has known since WC3 that NE was originally some humanoid race that lived at the shore of WoE and it changed them. Now, we know they were troll which make prefect sense.

Night Elves are confirmed to have evolved from trolls, they're considered trolls in the basest of sense as considering a human being to be a great ape. We evolved pass them much like the NE and their offshoots evolved from the trolls.

But they are elves, even if they are evolved Trolls. The term evolve pretty much means "to become better". So calling them evolved trolls is saying they became better than trolls, but that's all based on your view of things.
    Some of my veiws

On Evolution

Homo Sapien(Humans) are said to have evolved from Cro-Magnon and Neanderthal. They are said to be stronger but possessed less mental capability than Humans. Now humans not only have surpassed the Cro-Magnon but every form of life on earth.

If Cavemen existed today humans would naturally win. Elves have a history of beating up Trolls (i.e. Zul'Jin.)

Comparison Trolls vs Elves

Blood Elf/High Elf
    Blood Elves are better statistically by definition of Evolved Trolls. They are expanding their knowledge of Higher Technology, They rarely rely on Old Magic, also better architecture. They are more frail physically but when combined magic they are a deadly force. The scourge didn't march into Zul'Aman to take the Animal Gods the Sunwell was more powerful.

Nightelves
    Most are Trolls stuck in the past, Bound by rituals and attachment to ancient temples mostly in ruin. Still rely on connection to the Loa, and until given the Power of the Thunder King. Closer to the Nightelves honestly for most of these traits. The Nightelves however created Well of Eternity Teldrassil and Nordrassil.

Trolls
    They have been around since the beginning. They ride Dinosaurs, control beasts and sometimes tap into bad Voodoo Magics. Tactics that have worked more or less for hundreds of years... until the Nightelves showed up. Also it seems that they have a habit of exploiting their Gods rather than revering them. (Drakkari killing off their own Animal Gods for power, Zul'Gurub in Cata Chaining the Blood God in the spirit world and harvesting his power, etc.)

Conclusion
    Some people are always trying to ice skate uphill. Those people are Trolls.

Suggestion

If I had to see ANY more Troll related quests in the next patch it would have to be something that would actually make them out to be the good guys with a Society/Secret/Treasure that was worth something to the world for once. Maybe "Fury of the Troll-Well" or maybe that stain-glass window in Ulduar with head with all the snakes coming out of the neck is an Evil Mega-Loa or something and the Troll were keeping it sealed. Something that would make the once Mighty Empire of the Trolls actually hold a greater responsibility to the world other than whatever Trolls do.

10+ Year Old Account
    I understand people may have a different view of evolution than me. To me, anything evolved is better than what it came from. I already said it's based on "your view of things". I don't see why you got to nitpick that.
    Is true but... The Dark Trolls didn't evolved... they mutated

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trassk View Post
    Whats to discuss? It all seems pretty self explanatory. Dark trolls who lived close to the well of eternity were mutated by the wells magic and they became night elves and high elves. The night elves try to deny it because of there unending faith in Elune, who has not even so much as made an appearance yet, and it takes a dwarf to unravel there belief system in there origins.

It really doesn't take much to see it. look at trolls, then look at elves. Hell, the zandalari on isle of thunder look more close related to night elves then trolls.
    Agreed. I checked them out. Aside from the muscles and the tusks, they far more resemble Nelfs than trolls.

Just a note on well of eternity evolutions, it has been mentioned many times in the recent lores that other races were evolved in the waters of the Vale (which seems in all ways the same as the well of eternity) and made the murlocks into Jin-Yu and enhanced Mogu so that both are now physically stronger and smart enough to wield arcane magics. So according to this example evolution in this sense did 'make them better'.