Poll: Is this class different enough for WoW?

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Jshadow View Post
    While nice, I fail to see why Draenei couldn't be necros. I mean Auchundiun is full of them.
    Yeah, I think Draenei actually fit the Necromancer class even better than Goblins. A goblin necromancer just doesn't seem that fitting, since most of them usually learn classes either to profit or to survive. Eventough I can easily imagine a Goblin necromancer (just because we all know some goblins are just plain evil and want to do nasty stuffz), I think Draenei would be a more plausible addition.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dezarus View Post
    Meat wagon corpses sounds like the soul shard system warlocks removed for QoL a while back
    You can generate your own though, which is pretty handy for resource-based spells. Maybe give the Meat Wagon 'Exhume' or something .

I like it. Don't feel it's too similar to DK/Lock and the idea is neat enough imo. Master of Life Energy in harmful and helpful ways, Master of Undeath with a mini army and Bone Mage with poisonous magic. It's good. =)

I like it , the corpse mechanic sounds interesting, honestly id settle for a pallet swap on warlock, instead of demons i summon the undead

Ok idea, but one thing sticks out.

+Life/Death Link: Links a target's soul to the Necromancer. If it is a friendly target, the Necromancer heals the target at the cost of the Necromancer's HP. If it is an enemy target, it does damage to the target, healing the Necromancer. If the enemy target moves to far out of range, the enemy is stunned for 2 seconds. Lasts up to 10 seconds on an enemy, but lasts until cancelled on a friendly target, or the Necromancer reaches 10% of health. Up to 2 links can be active at once. Does not work with minions. Other actions can be done while performing Death Link.
    The problem with that is, well, every fight with aoe. There are some fights that the aoe is so intense, that it will one shot most if they are not topped off right before the aoe happens. I can only see this particular thing working should it drain a Very small amount of hp. So that this pretty much would be the bottom of their heals. Neat idea, but the whole necromancer thing just doesn't do it for me.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    It's just a death knight with mail and intellect, BUT I do like the spell ideas and i think it's what Death knights should have had. It's solid but I just don't see it ever being a possibility.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Nearmyth View Post
    It's just a death knight with mail and intellect, BUT I do like the spell ideas and i think it's what Death knights should have had. It's solid but I just don't see it ever being a possibility.
    I think Blizzard messed up getting all Undead Heroes and a Runemaster in one class nd calling that a Death Knight... I think a Death Knight should be a Necromancer-like Antipaladin, not a Runemaster. I mean, I like the rune system, but the class should be Runemaster, not DK. For WotLK, I think they should have made a Death Knight, and let the Rune-idea to another expansion.

Seriously, a DK should be the inverse of a Paladin and necromancer, raising allies to help. To sum it up, DKs should be more like the Unholy spec without runes or something. Idk.
    "Ah... you have learned much... and learned well... an honorable battle.
    In the end, I stood by the warchief, because it was my duty, and I am glad that it was you who struck me down.
    May your strength... lead the horde... into a new era of prosperity..."

-General Nazgrim

Deleted
    Nothing in common with lock or dk

One is a melee frost/dot/undead fighter
    Another is a shadow/fire DEMON caster

Necro is a skeleton /bone and acid caster

Just nothing in common

And yes it would be a good idea

Althought i'd see 4 good spec for Necro:

Acid/poison ( dot caster spec)
    Bone ( nuke caster spec)
    Skeletons ( pet caster spec)
    Corruption/blood ( heal spec)

you could merge bone and skeleton of course

But what you propose is great

10+ Year Old Account
    Wow, this was a surprising bump.... Thanks for the kind words everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by Zantos View Post
    Ok idea, but one thing sticks out.

The problem with that is, well, every fight with aoe. There are some fights that the aoe is so intense, that it will one shot most if they are not topped off right before the aoe happens. I can only see this particular thing working should it drain a Very small amount of hp. So that this pretty much would be the bottom of their heals. Neat idea, but the whole necromancer thing just doesn't do it for me.
    Keep in mind, the Necromancer doesn't share damage with its target, it simply provides a constant stream of health to its target. The link is there to increase your heals to the linked target, and to provide consistent healing. As a Neco healer, you'd want that up at all times. You should also be using Death Link on enemy targets, so that you're also healing yourself and building blood bank while keeping your HP bar high enough to maintain life link.

The Necromancer also benefits from being able to do other things while the link is in place, so if an AoE is incoming, you can move out of the way before it hits. The links should have at least 25-30 yard ranges.

Soul Infusion, Soul Tap, and some CDs are in place to reduce the rate of the link drain on the Necromancer.
    Last edited by Teriz; 2013-04-28 at 09:16 PM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Where I want to be and where I am are 2 different places
    Why are you trying to fill this niche of leather to mail wearers? Tinkers and Rangers... sure. Necros and Bards? Not at all. Cloth wearers all the way for those two. As for Demon Hunters... cloth to leather imo.

Bloodsail Admiral DrIvoRobotnik's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I like it, it is close to Dk/warlock...well... no shit lol. Of course its going to be close to them, Warlocks mainly focus around shadowy things, DKs have Dead things. Necromancers have shadowy and dead things.

Always picture Necro class being like this..sorta Warlock/Blood mage kinda thing.

Sorry it is a nice effort but you mentioned a Healing Spec in a class that is primarily focused around death by definition.

Bad form.

The Meat Wagon needs the Exhume Corpse ability from WC3. http://classic.battle.net/war3/undea...eatwagon.shtml

Otherwise, any long boss fight where you have no adds is going to seriously gimp a necromancer's DPS/HPS. On top of that, Blizzard has gone away from abilities that force specs to farm resources before a fight. They say it's bad design and they are right. You would be strongly discouraged from having more than 1 necromancer in a group because they'd steal each other's corpses.

The healer spec just doesn't quite feel right to me. Blizzard has made it perfectly clear this expansion that they think healers that can heal through DPS (Mistweavers and Disc priests) should have to do so at a trade off. They already nerfed "fistweaving" and are in the process of nerfing Atonement. Now your Necromancer design has DPS heals not only as an option, but as mandatory for maximum healing. Blizzard isn't going to allow that without some sort of a trade off. That means the Corruption spec would constantly be in last place in both HPS and DPS as they would be 0.5 healer and 0.5 DPS.

Ultimately, if you're going to have a healing spec, it needs to have a way to heal "traditionally" that it can be balanced around. The DPS heals can stay as a less efficient way to heal, but it won't work as the basis of the class for the same reason Blizzard isn't happy with 5.2 Atonement and wasn't with 5.0/5.1 Eminence.

Overall a good concept. Just needs polishing.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lastlivingsoul View Post
    Sorry it is a nice effort but you mentioned a Healing Spec in a class that is primarily focused around death by definition.

Bad form.
    And Sith Inquisitors are suppose to be Emperorish people who zap enemies with lightning, yet they have healing specc.

And again, Draenei should be able to be Necromancers, especially since the magic to raise the dead isn't the same thing a demonic magic and is the one thing they hate most, separatring them from Eredar.
    And again, mentioning Auchundiun's Auchenai Crypts.
    Last edited by mmoc6e272995a4; 2013-05-02 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    Meat wagon is a great idea.

Chug a corpse at a crowd of enemies for AoE damage, then use corpse explosion for MORE AoE damage.

Wicked!

Reforged Gone Wrong The Stormbringer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Premium
    I honestly don't even have to read this. Give them to me. NOW! Especially if they can have some sort of cool glowy eyes... >.>

I will be reading this shortly, however.

Deleted
    OMG Necromancers!! Yeahh new class incoming!

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah you have some great ideas

I'd say cloth for healing and leather for dps for armour though as mail doesn't really fit them

I think they are a bit too summon/minion/pet heavy and orientated.

I'd suggested they had more leach, convert and channel.

I'd think a necromancer would be more toward a freshly animated/sacrificial type

Borderline sadist where they would self inflict penance and injuries on themselves to heal others.

I imagined them as a counter priest. A warlock without the demonic abilities, without fire/fel but with the shadow priest flavour, like affliction crossed with unholy death knight and shadow priest.

But spot on ideas.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necro on a necromancer thread. Classic. This topic died 5 months ago.

10+ Year Old Account
    Necromancers as a new playable class now! They are a MUST in any RPG that worth its salt... (assuming that WoW can still be considered an RPG, which I doubt)