Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Should LFD Always give tanks the Misty Satchel?

Do you think it would be a good idea to always have the misty satchel of exotic mysteries be given to tanks at the end of an LFD heroic run? That way tanks wouldn't have to pick and choose the times they want to tank and it would lessen the wait time for dps and heals considerably.

Giving the misty satchel to tanks 100% of the time is something i think Blizzard needs to highly consider.

Would you be in favor of such a change?

Deleted
    I would assume most people play their particular spec because they want to play it; not because they feel they get more boons doing so.

I would tank more. I can say this. I only tank LFD when it is up.
    what

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post
    Do you think it would be a good idea to always have the misty satchel of exotic mysteries be given to tanks at the end of an LFD heroic run? That way tanks wouldn't have to pick and choose the times they want to tank and it would lessen the wait time for dps and heals considerably.

Giving the misty satchel to tanks 100% of the time is something i think Blizzard needs to highly consider.

When there is no Satchel available, it means there are enough tanks in the queue. If there is a shortage, the Satchel appears. So what exactly would be the use of always having the Satchel?

Deleted
    I don't see how removing an incentive for tanks who don't need dungeons to do them would somehow make our dps queues shorter.

Quote Originally Posted by Jaylock View Post

The satchel wouldn't be very exotic then. The satchels become available when Tanks or healers are in heavy demand, no? If this is the case then I don't think it's necessary for it to be a 100% drop rate.

To agree with Jaylock - i've been playing a tank for my whole wow life (almost 9 years now). And yes i play a tank because i enjoy the spec.

But a heroic - is trivial to me - my main focus is my 25man. So i generally wont do a random LFD hc - unless! it has a Misty Satchel.

Quote Originally Posted by Amerissis View Post
    When there is no Satchel available, it means there are enough tanks in the queue. If there is a shortage, the Satchel appears. So what exactly would be the use of always having the Satchel?
    ^^ This. Why give tanks a satchel when there is no tank shortage?

With the current system, if there is a tank shortage, the tank gets a satchel. imho - it's pretty perfect.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by vaarsuviuss View Post
    Same for me to be honest, I do not feel mandatory to do this, but when I see it and have nothing to do....yeah, why not.

As many others have said, the satchel is available whenever there is a shortage of a spec. If there is no satchel there is no shortage so..why would they do this? It makes no sense. If it did occur, then the tanks would queue more often and then there would be a shortage of another spec such as healers, so then would they do the same? And then it would go to DPS and then they'd do the same and then everyone gets a satchel all the time and we're back to where we started with no satchels.

Considered the endless whine there were with the hatchels being introduced, when it actually benefited the dps, i highly doubt blizzard will give it fulltime.
    Don't even see a reason for it either? Give it when it's needed, and not constantly. So if anything they could change the timer for it, but if you get it always, you might risk that some tanks just burn a bit out on it, and there will be nobody for it at the times where the queue can turn long, instead of now where there's an obvious reward.
    Not that i would mind always getting it :P
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    As others have said, not constantly for tanks or healers - but if they did it for LFR too? That would make me happy. I had to queue nearly *2 hours* for LFR this weekend

Sure...as soon as I get a satchel for carrying scrub dps through them...

Quote Originally Posted by vaarsuviuss View Post
    I only heal when this is up. I got fed up of healing tanks with less health than I do.

Well as others have said, the satchel only shows up when there is a high demand for tanks. So when it isn't showing there is obviously enough tanks running to take care of the needs of LFD. So your idea seems a bit redundant.

No. It is clear ppl don't understand how or why the system works if they think they should. Either that or they are delusional enough to think they deserve something extra to let ppl have the good fortune to run with them.
    "Privilege is invisible to those who have it."

I only tank like one heroic a day to help with VP cap, but I only do it when I get the satchel as well.
    Without it I would have a much harder time doing LFD due to the average person in the group.

Herald of the Titans Valnoressa's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    I only tank on my Warrior when the bag is up but I do play my shammy healer when the bag isn't up. That's mostly because I've never seen the bag up while playing my healer though D:

I'd certainly be more interested in tanking and healing dungeons if I could get that satchel every time I do a dungeon.

Basically? Tanks and Healers deserve the bag for the crap they put up with. It should be up all the time.

Deleted
    Healing lfd should get more satchels

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by yjmark View Post
    ^^ This. Why give tanks a satchel when there is no tank shortage?

With the current system, if there is a tank shortage, the tank gets a satchel. imho - it's pretty perfect.
    How many tanks won't que without the rewards? I know I'm one of them.