Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I'm sorry but after you turn 22 years or so, your reflexes start to rapidly deteriorate. There's pretty much zero professional players older than that in any game that requires fast thinking.

Quote Originally Posted by Commander View Post
    I'm sorry but after you turn 22 years or so, your reflexes start to rapidly deteriorate. There's pretty much zero professional players older than that in any game that requires fast thinking.
    Reflexes deteriorate post 22, yet how many professional athletes are under 22?

I would argue that an NHL Goalie needs faster reflexes than someone playing LoL professionally. How many NHL Goalies are under 22?

Deleted
    Are there any examples of known e-sports pros in moba or SC II with a WoW background?

They would switch to another game obviously if that was the only thing they knew how to do professionally. Or just start flipping burgers because there is no way that you can get an actual job by saying, "I played video games 50 hours a week over the course of seven years."
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

They will ask themselves, "What do i do with all this FREE TIME" well its easy, you get a life and face the real world...

Deleted
    I dunno, it's not a given a WoW player would be good at LoL. WoW raiding is more about strategic thinking and memorizing the fight. LoL requires insane reflexes. Really old people (25y+) can play WoW and be world top raiders. Yet there's no old people playing LoL at that level.
    So you think there isn't old people playing lol because it requires so insane reflexes? That's bullshit, many sports and any rts like sc2 requires faster reflexes and thinking than lol and I'm sure even a 40 year old guy could be the worlds best sc2 player.

they would reduce the unemployment rate that is for sure.

I dunno, it's not a given a WoW player would be good at LoL. WoW raiding is more about strategic thinking and memorizing the fight. LoL requires insane reflexes. Really old people (25y+) can play WoW and be world top raiders. Yet there's no old people playing LoL at that level.
    There is Starcraft:BW/2 player that old. LoL have not been around too long so that could be the problem.

10+ Year Old Account
    I assume they'd all go to Rift which would be the best alternative. At least for the PVE piece of it. It's not a very good alternative but if popular players who have an audience started webcasting and streaming from there it would pick things up after a while.
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-03-21 at 01:47 AM.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Real athletes - who require better reflexes than any dumb video game - don't even hit their primes until 27-28 and their prime years usually last until 30-31. That's stupid.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nnelson54 View Post
    Real athletes - who require better reflexes than any dumb video game - don't even hit their primes until 27-28 and their prime years usually last until 30-31. That's stupid.
    Tennis players, gymnasts and most Olympians would probably find this a questionable statement.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Quote Originally Posted by Kuragalolz View Post
    Nice joke.
    Rift raiding is a lot like Vanilla/BC WoW. Lots of old-school hardcore raiding guilds like Afterlife actually siwtched games.

10+ Year Old Account
    Find another game? How is this even a question?
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by Eschaton View Post
    Tennis players, gymnasts and most Olympians would probably find this a questionable statement.
    Most of the best atheletes on earth do not reach their prime until about 26-33.

This includes most major professional sports, from hockey, baseball, football, basketball, Mixed Martial Arts, Boxing and so forth.

Normally the first things to go for an athlete is their jumping ability followed by speed. Their reflexes and strength remain for a long time.

Certain sports that depend on these things, like Tennis, players peak earlier. However in terms of raw physical performance, that is the normal males prime. Sometimes lasting right until their late 30's.

Some other sports like Football, at certain potions, they peak earlier. This isn't because of their actual performance peak, but because of the damage done to their bodies has rapidly aged their bodies. This is whty QB's can play until 37 and most running backs are completely finished by 30.
    Last edited by Titan; 2013-03-21 at 03:52 AM.

15+ Year Old Account
    Hahaha, even if you lose a 3% reflexes you believe this will show in-game? because i can tell you, predictability of the opponent's move is based on experience or if you want me to use the old people's word "wisdom". Reflexes are for nothing if you don't predict what the opponent will do.

So even if you do lose a fraction of super-reflexes as gamer, your experience in the game will give you an edge. However i do believe reflexes dont diminish at 22 m8, unless till 22 you were drinking alcohol like a crocodile :P.

I am a 39 year old gamer, i have been playing Unreal Tournament since 1999 (up to 2003 i think), i was hmm, 26 years old and i was at best on a 200ms internet line. It made me try to predict the moves of the opponent and aim at trajectories that would be off by alot on a lan game/party. Although i never became Fatal1ty skilled :P, as i never played so many hours for years, i was quite known in my country's gaming community.

But i will admit one thing, i won't play LoL ranked ever. That's not because of lack of reflexes (lol) but because my daughter needs attention and i can't stick my monitor for 25+ mins non stop on a game. WoW is another thing, even in raids, fights last 12mins max and even during the raid boss fight you can turn your head ..you can't do that in LoL :P

And i just want to add one more thing. If i could afford 2nd subscription, i would pay for Rift, the game has so many talent trees and stuff to do that nerdy hardcore players would never play anything else.. However this is fiction as if wow ended tomorrow that would be because Titan would be up and about :P

10+ Year Old Account
    lol what? In counter strike a game that requires a high amount of reflexes and thinking on ur feet, the highest skilled players are like 24+...dont know where u got ur info from.

Nestea who is an SC2 player whose age is around 29-30 is still competing in SC2.... If he competes in Starcraft around that age then LoL is no problem. "Insane reflexes" in LoL is a joke compare to Starcraft.

Fap 10 chars

Infracted [Minor Spam]: Please post constructively [ML]
    Last edited by MoanaLisa; 2013-05-01 at 11:27 PM.

People actually claim 25+ is "old" ? W t h.

OT : Move to other games or take a break if no other game is appealing at the moment? Why is that even a question? Does the OP actually think they would go into mass depressions and lose the will to live?

Really old? At 25? I assume you are under 10 then to be saying that