Poll: Should old and only old reputations be account wide?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast
    Deleted

Should OLD/Outdated reputations be account wide?

First of all, I'd like to hear the opinion of other people who have most of the faction in existance on exalted on exactly. Personally I'm only missing Shado Pan Assault and Ogrila for that matter.

I remember people asking for this, one of the argument was that it would remove a big time sink and people would run out of things to do faster. Personally I think this is a very bad argument in case of old reputations. Yes there are some people who might do old reputatons (pre Pandaria) twice but they are most likely a tiny minority.
    In all honesty, how many people do you think would do Ravenholdt, The Steamwheedle Cartel or Ogrila twice? The vast majority of people don't even do them once!

Another important point are removed factions such as the Zandalari and Shendralar. They apparently still do count for the character who got them, but don't for new ones and arent achievable anymore. Thus when switching mains people are put at a disadvantage.

What is your opinion on this matter, should OLD and only OLD reputations as in pre Pandaria or even pre Cataclysm be account wide since they don't give an actual advantage and are purely cosmetic by now. If yes, why do you think they should and if you're opposed to it why shouldn't they?

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    First of all, I'd like to hear the opinion of other people who have most of the faction in existance on exalted on exactly. Personally I'm only missing Shado Pan Assault and Ogrila for that matter.

I remember people asking for this, one of the argument was that it would remove a big time sink and people would run out of things to do faster. Personally I think this is a very bad argument in case of old reputations. Yes there are some people who might do old reputatons (pre Pandaria) twice but they are most likely a tiny minority.
    In all honesty, how many people do you think would do Ravenholdt, The Steamwheedle Cartel or Ogrila twice? The vast majority of people don't even do them once!

Another important point are removed factions such as the Zandalari and Shendralar. They apparently still do count for the character who got them, but don't for new ones and arent achievable anymore. Thus when switching mains people are put at a disadvantage.

What is your opinion on this matter, should OLD and only OLD reputations as in pre Pandaria or even pre Cataclysm be account wide since they don't give an actual advantage and are purely cosmetic by now. If yes, why do you think they should and if you're opposed to it why shouldn't they?
    Personally, I think they should do what they already have with the MoP factions - Once you get to Revered with a faction, you can buy the token to give you double the rep with said faction on all your characters on your account.

I myself would really like this since I have multiple toons, all with different professions, & most of the rep vendors sell unique recipes once you reach a certain rep on that character.

If they don't, I'd understand, but it'd be a very nice quality of life change.

Deleted
    I would say yes. but its for a very selfish reason.

I have Conquerer on my shaman back in classic. and i would love the title and tabard on my "new" main Priest and it takes a **** time to get Defilers to exalted.

10+ Year Old Account
    YES, because there isn't exactly a lot of reasons not to do it. Most of us have played different characters through different expansions, and it allows us to still have all the things we did back then, on our current characters. I don't know why Cata wouldn't be included in this list though...
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

I'd say no. With achievements already being account-wide I don't see the need for this at all. You'll be able to use most of the titles you've gained from achievements and exalted reputations and the only reason for this to be account-wide is for nostalgia's sake. As you said yourself, there is no real benefit from it!

If you didn't do certain factions when they were current, grind them. If you want them on several characters, grind them twice! It's not like thats any different from how it was back in the day. I might think it'd be reasonable that you can gain some kind of increased reputation gain for your second, third, etc. character, but just getting it completely for free makes no sense!

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post

I'm at 63 exalted reputations right now, with another 5 at revered and 3 at honored (going by ingame stats) and I would agree that they should. I know myself and a couple others who have a decent amount would see no reason to go back and grind reputation on another toon, but would like the rewards. Granted this might sound selfish and somewhat, but it's one of those things that we proved our worth to the faction so do we really need to regrind again?

Any faction from Vanilla or Burning Crusade along with raid reputations I would be alright with this. Wrath/Cataclysm factions usually have a tabard so they aren't too bad to regrind as you can gain rep while running dungeons and not really put in any effort. Pandaria factions are really easy after you get the rep token. Heck, I'd be happy if they put rep tokens in for all the old factions and wouldn't mind if they started at honored or something.

10+ Year Old Account
    I've been wishing I could merge old reputations between toons for years. I hate staring at the reputation pane of one character when I know damn well that I have other toons that wasted hours and hours (and hours and hours) grinding for factions. I put in my time killing furbolgs when killing furbolgs took time. I put in my time collecting Twilight texts. I've extinguished a hundred runes with quintessence. I've worn this tabard and that tabard. I've collected innumerable sanguine hibiscus and made sure that we're still friends...

I don't know why I have to do this for each individual toon if the content is old and outdated. What difference would it make now if my Druid was adored by the Netherwing even if it was my Pally that did all of the work?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ethes View Post
    I'd say no. With achievements already being account-wide I don't see the need for this at all. You'll be able to use most of the titles you've gained from achievements and exalted reputations and the only reason for this to be account-wide is for nostalgia's sake. As you said yourself, there is no real benefit from it!

If you didn't do certain factions when they were current, grind them. If you want them on several characters, grind them twice! It's not like thats any different from how it was back in the day. I might think it'd be reasonable that you can gain some kind of increased reputation gain for your second, third, etc. character, but just getting it completely for free makes no sense!
    The problem here is, that the counter for exalted factions for example is not account wide. You could have every single last faction on exalted and still not have the 60 exalted factions achievment and title.

Secondly, it does make sense. People are not asking to get anything for free, merely for things they already did to count for progress on certain achievments. The whole "grind them" doesn't make much sense since people already did. It is just that people who switched mains since then are being punished for doing so. To top it off some factions such as Shendralar and Zandalari aren't achievable anymore, even if we wanted we can't do them again.

And yes some factions are different from how they were back in the day, Warsong Outriders and Arathi Defilers did become a lot harder after they took out the option to hand in tokens.

Quote Originally Posted by Slummish View Post
    I've been wishing I could merge old reputations between toons for years. I hate staring at the reputation pane of one character when I know damn well that I have other toons that wasted hours and hours (and hours and hours) grinding for factions. I put in my time killing furbolgs when killing furbolgs took time. I put in my time collecting Twilight texts. I've extinguished a hundred runes with quintessence. I've worn this tabard and that tabard. I've collected innumerable sanguine hibiscus and made sure that we're still friends...

I don't know why I have to do this for each individual toon if the content is old and outdated. What difference would it make now if my Druid was adored by the Netherwing even if it was my Pally that did all of the work?
    Their logic was that it would remove a reason to do them twice, but only tiny minority would do that to begin with. Factions such as Ravenhold aren't even done by the vast majority to begin with and even the more determinated players are very unlikely to do them twice. It is exactly why I am asking only for outdated and by now useless factions that can't be argued against with the argument Ghostcrawler brought up.

Deleted
    I think that they should, mostly because of the tabards. Yeah you can get the pets, mounts and titles from having them on another character, but unfortunately you don't get the tabards. It can be a bit of a pain if a specific tabard suits your transmog set perfectly, but you only farmed Exalted on your main character and it's a long one that you don't want to have to farm again, just for the tabard.

I also wish that they'd make the Exalted factions achievements account wide, but that's another story.

I dont really care about older reputations on my alts, so there would be no reason to have them exalted at all, perhaps if you miss that one recipe or transmog item, it can be annoying to do all the rep again, but it is all just vanity. The newer factions our now rather easy to farm reputation with. You can either farm a few tokens from zandalari warbringers, or do to few days of dailies (with the commendations you unlock all valor gear litteraly in 3-5 days).

I feel if you really want something on a character, you have to work for it, it keeps the older content more alive. I am no fan of keeping everything equal.

The only reps I can think of that would be better of shared, are the PvP reputations. You PvP for your faction, not your character.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Erto View Post
    I think that they should, mostly because of the tabards. Yeah you can get the pets, mounts and titles from having them on another character, but unfortunately you don't get the tabards. It can be a bit of a pain if a specific tabard suits your transmog set perfectly, but you only farmed Exalted on your main character and it's a long one that you don't want to have to farm again, just for the tabard.

I also wish that they'd make the Exalted factions achievements account wide, but that's another story.
    Account wide tabards, yes please! I've wanted Tabard of the Protector on my other characters ever since I got it on my Shaman...

As for account wide rep, definitely. I've changed mains too many times, and know that I won't hold on to my current one long enough for it to ever be worth farming any old reputation. If it was account wide I might just get around to doing it since I've wanted to max them out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yep, just to show off! I am sitting at 60 exaclted reps, yet rerolling warlock atm.

it will somehow take out the flavor of them. like I have one character I have played since 2004 and I have everything on it and always feel nostalgic playing it, but when I log in my alt which I made for mop and see all old reps on him just doesnt feel right.

Quote Originally Posted by Aic View Post
    I would say yes. but its for a very selfish reason.

I have Conquerer on my shaman back in classic. and i would love the title and tabard on my "new" main Priest and it takes a **** time to get Defilers to exalted.
    We can have Beloved (for 60 exalted reps) on any toon on our account, and Battlemaster on any toon (at least those level 70+, maybe lower but I'm not sure), but not Conqueror. All part of the "we want pvp achievements to be character specific", yet I can have Battlemaster on alts I've never done a lick of pvp on.

I would not mind reps being account wide, but there's a couple of issues that would run into:

- How would the Insane title be handled, namely how would reps be merged? This would be more for people who have toons that have done the pirate rep grind but have Steamwheedle rep down in the dump...would that offset a toon that had all the Steamwheedle reps at exalted?

- Rep requirements for gear: This would be a easy mode way around grinding out reps for new toons.

Personally I don't expect them to ever made reps account wide, but hey, they did it with most achieves along with mounts, so who knows. They don't really need the reps as a gating mechanic anymore, since (using raid gear bought via VP as example) VP acquisition is capped per week.

Edit: Forgot to add that only reps I'm missing iirc are Shado-Pan Assault, Avengers of Hyjal (didn't raid when Firelands was current) and Ravenholdt (too lazy for Insane).
    Last edited by Kazgrel; 2013-03-21 at 01:47 PM.

Deleted
    Because I am too lazy to farm up all the reps again on my warlock.

Deleted
    Yes - so you don't have to repeat them? surely you done them once

I hate to be spouting the Blizzard party line, but it does continue the slippery slope of making alts trivial if you make more and more things account wide.

A good compromise would be for every faction in the game to offer the bonus rep commendations that are currently offered for MOP factions when you hit revered.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Nohara View Post
    I dont really care about older reputations on my alts, so there would be no reason to have them exalted at all, perhaps if you miss that one recipe or transmog item, it can be annoying to do all the rep again, but it is all just vanity. The newer factions our now rather easy to farm reputation with. You can either farm a few tokens from zandalari warbringers, or do to few days of dailies (with the commendations you unlock all valor gear litteraly in 3-5 days).

I feel if you really want something on a character, you have to work for it, it keeps the older content more alive. I am no fan of keeping everything equal.

The only reps I can think of that would be better of shared, are the PvP reputations. You PvP for your faction, not your character.
    Thing is, some people switch mains and thus they end up without all the factions they previously grinded some of them aren't even obtainable anymore. I excluded the MoP factions because they actually give you an advantage and I really wouldn't want that. Things like Ravenholdt or Bloodsail Bucaneers do not. Personally I just find the "keeping old content alive" argument and "running out of things" argument not very convincing.

Most of the old reputations are being done solo, with no one whatsoever around often in instanced game play. Farming those ravenholdt lockboxes? Best done in instances where nobody will ever see you. And when was the last time you ever heard someone say "Hey, I'm totaly in the mood of grinding pirates in Tanaris for a whole day right now!".

As for the PvP factions. I kinda agree altough I'm nearly done. They're some of the hardest factions to farm especially Warsong Outriders. I'm at 210 won games in Warsong Gulch on my Shaman and still not exalted.

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    it will somehow take out the flavor of them. like I have one character I have played since 2004 and I have everything on it and always feel nostalgic playing it, but when I log in my alt which I made for mop and see all old reps on him just doesnt feel right.
    Some people switched mains, they've done the exact same grind and reputations you have and maybe even more. Yet they don't benefit from it at all and are forced to keep playing their old characters solely to grind reputations. Personally I switched mains at the end of Wotlk when I stopped playing my mage. So now I have all these old reputations (some of whom I have grinded again, actually a great many on my Shaman) sitting there on my old mage taunting me.

Quote Originally Posted by daytonbrown View Post
    I hate to be spouting the Blizzard party line, but it does continue the slippery slope of making alts trivial if you make more and more things account wide.

A good compromise would be for every faction in the game to offer the bonus rep commendations that are currently offered for MOP factions when you hit revered.
    The thing is, that for me the new character isn't an alt but my main since end Wotlk. The character who has all the factions some of whom are now unobtainable is now the alt. :|

Deleted
    They wouldnt even have to make the reps account wide, just allow the rewards on old exalted factions to either be unlocked for alts or to be be able to be sent to alts. Some reps have some nice stuff for 60/70/80 but because there's no way I'm spending god knows how long farming that particular rep to exalted it gets wasted. Shame really as someone with "the Beloved" title I see a lot of missed oppurtunites go by me.

10+ Year Old Account
    At least the ones obtained through raiding should be, yes.
    MMO player
    WoW: 2006-2020 || EvE: 2013-2020 || FFXIV: 2020- || Lost Ark: 2022-