Poll: Should old and only old reputations be account wide?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Herald of the Titans Deathgoose's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    In all honesty, how many people do you think would do Ravenholdt, The Steamwheedle Cartel or Ogrila twice? The vast majority of people don't even do them once!
    ?
    I've done Ravenholdt and all 4 SWC reps to exalted twice.

Still, that being said, I wouldn't mind account wide reps, because while I don't mind doing it once, it does get old after a bit.

I'd be happy if they would just add the "double rep once revered" system to the old reps.

Yes they should.
    They were talking about using the current rep system with accommodations for the old reputations as well but I think that would be a crap solution.
    Make them accountwide would be enough imo, the double rep once revered would make me and other Conqueror/Justicar very sad -_-

In this time off wow, hell yes. No way people should haft to grind rep's on alts if they re-roll after X years of playing.

...Besides having a cool alt is nice.
    Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/c/djuntas ARPG - RTS - MMO

Deleted
    I think they should be shared, since well it kind of keeps me from playing on other characters than my warrior. It currently has 71, while missing Firelands and a few of the pandaria ones.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Dethron/simple

10+ Year Old Account
    Only reading the headline: No.

God yes.

Doing the argent crusade dailies again on my priest, just because I want the argent crusader's tabard for his transmog set, makes me want to pull out my hair. NEVER again.

Deleted
    Yes, pure for the next reasons: Conqueror / Justicar..
    All my chars together i would have AB & Wsg exalted .. but like it is now my highest is Defiler 7k / 21k & warsong outstriders 3k /21 k
    It's just to horrible .. but if all characters rep points would count towards it would be at least a bit better

yes as long as it dosn't include cata ones till mop is finished

Anything that isn't current content, yes. Why? Because I already did it. Why current content only? There are enough mechanics in game to make current content tolerable for alts, those functions don't exist for pre-MoP reps.

Yes, I feel it keeps people from playing their other characters. I have what, 74 at last count? IDK I have everything except shado-pan assault, including Bloodsail and the two removed factions and I do not play alts. Not that this makes my opinion any more valid than other players but posting here to say that I wish everybody could have the time or mind numbing determination for menial tasks to get reputation for their characters, and what harm would it really do?
    Armory for proof of me not talking out of my butt.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/characte...se/reputation/

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    It is just that people who switched mains since then are being punished for doing so. To top it off some factions such as Shendralar and Zandalari aren't achievable anymore, even if we wanted we can't do them again.
    This, so much this. A big reason why more people want account-bound stuff is not to skip current-content grinds/"being lazy" on alts but because we don't want 16000+ achievement points worth to go to waste if we switch mains. Especially as Blizzard continues to release new classes, it would be nice when players who primarily play for achievements to be able to transfer or account-bind grindier ones from past expansions to a new main (of course, not current-content/"new" achievements)

Quote Originally Posted by thunderdragon2 View Post
    yes as long as it dosn't include cata ones till mop is finished
    I'd be OK with this. Only remove grinds altogether when the content is truly legacy.

I can see issues with faction rewards.

It seems a bit dodgy to have a fresh 80 be able to purchase a free 277 ring from Ashen Verdict, or an 85 to go into Jade Forest decked out in 359 Cata grapes. That being said, there are some factions where this is appropriate:

Zandalari (if you accomplished it)
    Hydraxian Warlords
    Argent Dawn
    Darkmoon Faire
    Goblin cities

Things from the old world that may not be available or are part of the Insane title. It's one thing to grind all that rep out... it's another to do again for a different toon.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Totle View Post
    I can see issues with faction rewards.

It seems a bit dodgy to have a fresh 80 be able to purchase a free 277 ring from Ashen Verdict, or an 85 to go into Jade Forest decked out in 359 Cata grapes. That being said, there are some factions where this is appropriate:

Zandalari (if you accomplished it)
    Hydraxian Warlords
    Argent Dawn
    Darkmoon Faire
    Goblin cities

Things from the old world that may not be available or are part of the Insane title. It's one thing to grind all that rep out... it's another to do again for a different toon.
    They're introducing a new vendor selling level 80 gear for the Wotlk > Cata transition with gear nearly as good or even better than the 277 ring. In all honesty these rewards especially the 359 aren't going to last longer than the first MoP dungeon anyway.

I don't see how requiring me to spend 100 hours and 100k gold again in order to get exalted with factions I'm already exalted with on an old main is giving me a greater enjoyment of the game. In fact, it makes me want to play it less. It does not devalue my alts. It will make no difference to anyone on the planet whether or not I am able to reap the benefits of having Thrallmar exalted on my new main.

The clear solution to this is to unlock vendors at exalted which sell BOA commendations which can't be used until honored or something. That way you do have to put a little bit of effort into things, but you don't need to make awful grinds. You'd also be able to limit which factions you can do this with (ie, don't put in vendors for the different races or battlegrounds). This would be an easy fix and would harm literally no one.

There is no value at all in requiring players to grind old reps twice. It's not fun. I'd rather be doing PVP or actually playing an alt instead of grinding reps again. Blizzard is wrong to think otherwise.

Quote Originally Posted by Xaru View Post
    There is no value at all in requiring players to grind old reps twice. It's not fun. I'd rather be doing PVP or actually playing an alt instead of grinding reps again. Blizzard is wrong to think otherwise.
    Like I said, the players hurt most are achievement point-oriented players who switch mains.

Right but Blizzard's comments seem to imply that playing alts should be encouraged over the happiness of achievement hunters with new mains. They obviously feel that account-wide achievements resolve your issues enough. Thus, it's better to attack their reasoning on what's fun in playing an alt over trying to convince them they should reconsider how effective account-wide achievements are in general.

Deleted
    Right but Blizzard's comments seem to imply that playing alts should be encouraged over the happiness of achievement hunters with new mains. They obviously feel that account-wide achievements resolve your issues enough. Thus, it's better to attack their reasoning on what's fun in playing an alt over trying to convince them they should reconsider how effective account-wide achievements are in general.
    Thing is, they mostly talked about current reputations and how they are an time sink and something that keeps people playing. I'm talking about old, outdated ones that don't really affect the game anymore in any kind of way by now aside from purely vanity such as mounts which are account wide anyway.

I'd say yes. If they've already made mounts and achievements account-wide. Why not make reputations account-wide too.

Right, I agree this is their line of thinking. The thing I think we as a whole are trying to make here is that

1) Playing old, outdated content over again for character credit achievements on a new main is not compelling, especially for grind-based achievements that are designed to take lots of time for little actual character-power (read: loot) progression.

2) The fun in playing an alt over mainly comes from doing the current content (85-90 questing and 90 endgame). You also do the leveling process and basic steps (dungeons, quests) again from 1-85. However, four expansions worth of content for an achievement hunter means rolling a new main (even, say, to have a monk) is impossible.

Of course you are expected to do the current content on a new main (and perhaps even the past expansion), but as we get more and more expansions it's becoming ludicrous to think you'll have to repeat what's now up to 6+ years of work on an old main, to have a new one.

Hmm, I wouldn't mind actually. I do hate looking at my rep bars on my alts and seeing all those lines that aren't filled up yet! And it's not like I'm going to ever get them to Exalted. Except the ones I already have for pattern collecting purposes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.