Poll: Should old and only old reputations be account wide?

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    I am of the oppinion that all reputations should be account wide

People keep wanting to take the RPG out of this game more and more.

Seriously; Do people even know what genre they're playing when they ask for such lazy changes?

Deleted
    No, it doesn't make sense from a character PoV.

But the x amount of reps to exalted achievement should have account-wide progress. I find it ludicrous that they overlooked that.

Quote Originally Posted by Schwert View Post
    People keep wanting to take the RPG out of this game more and more.

Seriously; Do people even know what genre they're playing when they ask for such lazy changes?
    I don't think it's really "lazy" to ask that potentially 6+ years of achievement grind on outdated content be transferred to a new reroll. People can reroll for many reasons other than laziness, for instance, a new class being released. Now current content? I'm not as big of a fan for catch-up that way. Even the last expansion I can agree shouldn't be an automatic catchup.

That or "class reroll" as mentioned by Ghostcrawler could be an option, but I don't like that idea very much in all honesty.

I am with the account wide crowd on this one. I managed to gain exhalted with the 4 goblin cartels in BC on a toon I cannot stand to play anymore. I do not view my characters as individuals, but as one big family (my account).

I do understand the RP argument of "This character has never had contact with the faction yet they are exhalted?".

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hyphyjiuce View Post

I do understand the RP argument of "This character has never had contact with the faction yet they are exhalted?".
    Well then you can be against account wide achievements also .. Cause how from an RP point of view could a character use an title that required to kill a certain boss if he never entered the instance ? ..

Quote Originally Posted by Deleth View Post
    First of all, I'd like to hear the opinion of other people who have most of the faction in existance on exalted on exactly. Personally I'm only missing Shado Pan Assault and Ogrila for that matter.

I remember people asking for this, one of the argument was that it would remove a big time sink and people would run out of things to do faster. Personally I think this is a very bad argument in case of old reputations. Yes there are some people who might do old reputatons (pre Pandaria) twice but they are most likely a tiny minority.
    In all honesty, how many people do you think would do Ravenholdt, The Steamwheedle Cartel or Ogrila twice? The vast majority of people don't even do them once!

Another important point are removed factions such as the Zandalari and Shendralar. They apparently still do count for the character who got them, but don't for new ones and arent achievable anymore. Thus when switching mains people are put at a disadvantage.

What is your opinion on this matter, should OLD and only OLD reputations as in pre Pandaria or even pre Cataclysm be account wide since they don't give an actual advantage and are purely cosmetic by now. If yes, why do you think they should and if you're opposed to it why shouldn't they?
    I would personally prefer a catch up mechanic, like the Pandaria commendations that are purchasable once exalted. You would still have to do the reps more than once in your lifetime, but at subsequent runs would be much much quicker. I think making a new level 1 character and instantly having over 60 reps exalted would be silly, and leave little for an alt to accomplish.

---------- Post added 2013-04-10 at 06:24 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by GregDub View Post
    Well then you can be against account wide achievements also .. Cause how from an RP point of view could a character use an title that required to kill a certain boss if he never entered the instance ? ..
    Well reputations still harper back to an old RPG mechanic, and they have a big thematic feel to them. Achievements and titles are pretty mechanical and have little RP/thematic value IMO. So there is a difference, but I'm sure people will have different opinions about where that line is drawn.

Quote Originally Posted by Faithshield View Post
    I would personally prefer a catch up mechanic, like the Pandaria commendations that are purchasable once exalted. You would still have to do the reps more than once in your lifetime, but at subsequent runs would be much much quicker. I think making a new level 1 character and instantly having over 60 reps exalted would be silly, and leave little for an alt to accomplish.
    I could go with that, the catch-up mechanics I feel are already better suited specifically for old/outdated content, and less for current (Pandaria) content.

I can't completely disagree with Ghostcrawler's repeated "we think alts should require you to play them" posts, but I feel that the system in place is really absurd. Old content that you have 6+ years of accumulation shouldn't require you to repeat it again, you should have a massive catch-up/legacy mechanic that lets you switch mains while keeping the recognition of time you put in.

Current content should require you to play it again for your alts/new mains, that is where most people want to be "required to play" (with alts) and where being able to "slow down" and grind out the newest gear/reputations/items is more suited for "better play."
    Last edited by nightfalls; 2013-04-10 at 08:49 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by voidspark View Post
    I don't think it's really "lazy" to ask that potentially 6+ years of achievement grind on outdated content be transferred to a new reroll. People can reroll for many reasons other than laziness, for instance, a new class being released. Now current content? I'm not as big of a fan for catch-up that way. Even the last expansion I can agree shouldn't be an automatic catchup.

That or "class reroll" as mentioned by Ghostcrawler could be an option, but I don't like that idea very much in all honesty.
    It already is.

BoA Achievements.
    The things you'd get from the rep grind are now shared outside very very few things; Outside of which redoing one or two grinds tops is not going to kill a person.

I've been against account wide everything since it's implemented. Game no longer feels like an RPG because of it;
    The more they remove the genre from the game the faster burnout is going to happen even with the conveniences they've added to make re-rolling painless.

Deleted
    It already is.
    No it isn't.
    BoA Achievements.
    The things you'd get from the rep grind are now shared outside very very few things; Outside of which redoing one or two grinds tops is not going to kill a person.
    Actually, this is untrue and makes me think you're not playing many alts. Rep grinds are still a mostly lone character thing. You can't even have the reputation on different chars but need to have them all on one.
    I've been against account wide everything since it's implemented. Game no longer feels like an RPG because of it;
    The more they remove the genre from the game the faster burnout is going to happen even with the conveniences they've added to make re-rolling painless.
    I have to disagree here. Achievments were introduced at the start of Wotlk, people managed to to fine without them. Saying achievments which don't contribute to role playing in any kind of way and are purely there to "stroke your ego" are an important factor seems more than a tiny bit weird to me.

Right, but to get certain multi-criteria grind achievements, you have to do all such grinds on one character.

I think we could have it both ways, i.e. have a system where you are given a (more) painless way to re-roll a main (where it's expected your new character will be your main), but allow you to play alts (which you might have like 6 of them) more.

Either way RPG or not, surely you'd believe most people create alts not to RP through the the leveling/old content, but to play the current MOP content (whether it be going 85-90, getting raid-ready alts through VP/dailies/dungeons/old raids, or doing current raids).

If anything that is what I don't think should be account-wide at all. I think commendations should have been for past (pre-cataclysm) reps and factions, but they were too much for MOP factions/reps. At least until 6.0 comes out.

10+ Year Old Account
    Tbh i would like reputations to be account wide. Not so much for exalted rep achievement , more for those recipes and other stuff.It would be great if they could make something like: If you have exalted on one char and on some alt you have ,for example, enchanting but on friendly with same faction, that you could buy those recipes.

B.E.R.T.H.A. yells: AFFIRMATIVE, CUPCAKE!

10+ Year Old Account
    yes, definitly. 1 rep bar for all characters would be not very realistic RP wise, but i don't care about that tbf.

its just one of those quality of life things. my old vanilla priest is exalted with the hydraxian thingy, its just not very fun to grind it for a truckload of weeks again on my (since start of cata) main warrior. full rep bars just look shiny, and tbf, whats the harm it it with OLD (i.e. irrelevent) factions.

you could even introduce a special rep vendor with insta 999/1000 exalted tokens so those of you who would like to do it the old fasioned way get what they want to.