Thread: Battlefield 4

Page 1 of 5
... LastLast
    Deleted

Battlefield 4

So they'll be showing gameplay on March 27th.

http://www.battlefield.com/battlefield-4

Looking forward to it.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Not that thrilled. I'll wait with getting my hopes up. Their teaser felt far too much like BF3.

Is it gonna be like BF3 era? If so, why bother making 4. I want something like Battlefield 2142 was, or basically a futuristic scenario, not the same BS.

Deleted
    A little too soon if you ask me. May take a while before we see any beta/release date but still. The graphics and gameplay of BF3 are still amazing for years to come. What else is there to improve? Guess we'll see the 27th of March ;/

It has to be A LOT less like CoD (BF3 felt way too much like that game) and ffs! BRING BACK THE COMMANDER ROLE like in Battlefield 2. That position was amazing, and a good commander won games!

As much as I love the battlefield games... I too will have to wait and see what the game is really like.
    A troll is a troll and a roll is a roll, and if we feed them trolls then we don't eat no rolls.

10+ Year Old Account
    Gunna have to agree a new version of BF 2142/futuristic one would be really kick ass and I miss the commander role also, BUT I really like that page and how you can mess around with the window lol >.>

15+ Year Old Account
    That or make it more like Bad Company 2; BF3 was too "arcadey" for me, but I did enjoy it for quite a while. The paid DLC turned me off it
    "I'm glad you play better than you read/post on forums." -Ninety
    BF3 Profile | Steam Profile | Assemble a Computer in 9.75 Steps! | Video Rendering Done Right

I liked Bad Company 2 a lot more than BF3, something about it just didn't intrigue me like Bad Company 2 did. I hope they branch off the route they took with BF3 and try something different.

If only it was Battlefield 2144.
    Or 2442.

10+ Year Old Account
    no gimme Battlefield 2143! i want walkers back and the Best game mode ever created! titan mode. with the new engine they got no lag problem like with the 2142 engine.

No Tusk Club.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    Is it gonna be like BF3 era? If so, why bother making 4. I want something like Battlefield 2142 was, or basically a futuristic scenario, not the same BS.
    The pic on the link at the top shows what looks like an M1 Ahbrams in the centre so probably similar era to BF3 :S

Quote Originally Posted by Splatter View Post
    The pic on the link at the top shows what looks like an M1 Ahbrams in the centre so probably similar era to BF3 :S
    If so, then I lost all hope for Battlefield. Oh well At least there is Planetside 2.

10+ Year Old Account
    After my experience with BF3, no thanks. The gigantic bugfest and refusal to acknowledge well known game breaking (or lack of a game, can't even start it) problems and persistence of it with pnkfail annoys the hell out of me...

I still play battlefield 2 sometimes. Never bothered with 3 and doubt i'll bother with 4.

Quote Originally Posted by Remilia View Post
    After my experience with BF3, no thanks. The gigantic bugfest and refusal to acknowledge well known game breaking (or lack of a game, can't even start it) problems and persistence of it with pnkfail annoys the hell out of me...
    Seems like an issue on your end.

Anyway am very curious what they will do to warrant it being a sequel...still having plenty of fun with 3.

Just take away the god awful suppression and even though I didn't play BF2 the commander role sounds amazing.

Deleted
    Delightful. Echoing the 2142 sequel interest. Even though the game was kind of limited in my opinion in its bare form and had some funny things like transport chopper damaging and/or blowing up tanks by kamikaze and pure proximity damage, I'd much rather see a different Battlefield 4 than BF3. Not to mention, I still have a good amount of things to do in BF3. Though, if the game is going to be out in like a year or something, it might be alright to be this far with it now if they wanna keep up a sale cycle. I hope they have spent some time on innovation though and not just "improved" BF3 like the CoD series have been "improved" with every release. It'd be sad to see the epic Battlefield-style gameplay get diminished from a rushed game that won't be interesting in 2-3 years like BF3 has/is/will be for those interested in the franchise. Here's to hoping for a futuristic game and a long development+beta.

Deleted
    Battlefield 3 was fun, but forgettable. I still remember a few BC2 maps that I really enjoyed playing, but not a single map in BF3 stands out to me.

Deleted
    No.More.Modern.Military.Shooters.

I could do with another World War 2 shooter, call me crazy. We need to revisit that scene with the current hardware tech. Focus on the urban warfare in 1941.
    Last edited by mmoc112630d291; 2013-03-21 at 12:11 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ripley6174 View Post
    Battlefield 3 was fun, but forgettable. I still remember a few BC2 maps that I really enjoyed playing, but not a single map in BF3 stands out to me.
    Metro ! Loved that map right from the Beta. Damavand peak or however it's spelt was fun as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolman View Post
    If so, then I lost all hope for Battlefield. Oh well At least there is Planetside 2.
    but planet side 2 is so terribly bad :S

Planetside 2 is kind of boring when playing by yourself. But when your with an organized team or even a couple people it's a lot of fun.