Our hunter, Logs included.

So our hunter seems to have gotten worse over time as hes got more gear etc.

Wondering if some of you guys who can read logs can have me an insight to how he can improve as it's letting our raid group down on DPS check fights.

His armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/jubeithos/Soridorma%C3%AD/advanced

Our logs:
    worldoflogs.com/guilds/258593/

For his gear i think he is under performing dramatically.

Any help would be appreciated if its not his gearing and what he's doing wrong i guess he's just not that great?

Yes, he should be able to do more dmg, there is some gear things he could fix according to his armory, but just looking at the logs every fight I found he had excessively low active time. I find that people that are this way have trouble moving and performing their rotation. It could be that and there is usually little help you can provide. Even if he is performing that right priority rotation until he is very high on his active time he'll always be low like he is. Hunters are capable of moving and casting 100% of the time so hunters don't have a good reason to ever stop attacking unless you're whole group is stopping for a transition phase or something like that.

What happened to Raid Leaders leading their raids and knowing who wasn't performing or having class leads who knew and then resolving it within the guild instead of bringing it to a forum for help?

Well I'm no expert but even I can see a few things wrong off just his armory and log.

His reforging isn't consistent, he reforges out of mastery on some items then leaves mastery as it is on others. He should be going crit>mastery>haste as BM anyway, and yet there are several pieces with haste untouched when it could be reforged into something better.

Looking at your first Jin'rokh log, hes putting out 106k dps over the course of the fight and in less gear last night I put out over 130k.

Yours:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6u...?s=3381&e=3649

Mine:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=1142&e=1409

I also don't know much about Beast Mastery, but I'm pretty sure he could be using Kill Command (6 second cooldown?) a lot more often than he is currently.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2013-03-21 at 03:00 AM.

when ur only a 10 man guild its kinda hard 2 have class leaders
    Last edited by neijr; 2013-03-21 at 04:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Xeraxis View Post
    What happened to Raid Leaders leading their raids and knowing who wasn't performing or having class leads who knew and then resolving it within the guild instead of bringing it to a forum for help?
    Raids moved from 40 man (with 3-4 of each class) to 10 man (with one or less of each class). Kind of hard to have "class leads" when you only have one active member of that class present.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    Well I'm no expert but even I can see a few things wrong off just his armory and log.

His reforging isn't consistent, he reforges out of mastery on some items then leaves mastery as it is on others. He should be going crit>mastery>haste as BM anyway, and yet there are several pieces with haste untouched when it could be reforged into something better.

Looking at your first Jin'rokh log, hes putting out 106k dps over the course of the fight and in less gear last night I put out over 130k.

Yours:
    http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-6u...?s=3381&e=3649

Mine:
    http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/5...?s=1142&e=1409

I also don't know much about Beast Mastery, but I'm pretty sure he could be using Kill Shot (6 second cooldown?) a lot more often than he is currently.
    The reforging isn't gonna matter, our secondary stats are weighted so poorly that the difference is incredibly small. I do notice his pet is doing wayyy less damage than it should be though and I don't see a single Kill Shot in the log I'm looking at.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    The reforging isn't gonna matter, our secondary stats are weighted so poorly that the difference is incredibly small. I do notice his pet is doing wayyy less damage than it should be though and I don't see a single Kill Shot in the log I'm looking at.
    True, although its a pretty large warning indicator that some lights aren't turned on in terms of optimizing performance.

Also, I don't know much about Beast Mastery, but should autoshot reliably be your top damage ability?

And further, if he is having trouble placing as BM you might want to suggest Surv - it pulls ahead on the majority of ToT fights since it's so strong if there is ever more than one target, and BM is hard to optimise for Jin'rokh anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Luciferiuz View Post
    True, although its a pretty large warning indicator that some lights aren't turned on in terms of optimizing performance.

Also, I don't know much about Beast Mastery, but should autoshot reliably be your top damage ability?

And further, if he is having trouble placing as BM you might want to suggest Surv - it pulls ahead on the majority of ToT fights since it's so strong if there is ever more than one target, and BM is hard to optimise for Jin'rokh anyway.
    Yeah, the auto-shot thing is normal, at least in my experience. Kill Command gets listed under the pet so it's usually auto-shot followed by arcane shot in my logs. You're right though, seems like he maybe hasn't read up on his class since the reforging is all over the place. Can almost guarantee he's not using every Kill Shot on CD as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Pengalor View Post
    Yeah, the auto-shot thing is normal, at least in my experience. Kill Command gets listed under the pet so it's usually auto-shot followed by arcane shot in my logs. You're right though, seems like he maybe hasn't read up on his class since the reforging is all over the place. Can almost guarantee he's not using every Kill Shot on CD as well.
    Yeah I was too lazy to do the math but I think you could work out fairly easily.

Look under pet, damaging abilities, kill shot, compare that number to duration of the fight divided by 6 and if hes not within 10% of that then bad.

Quote Originally Posted by neijr View Post

His armory:
    us.battle.net/wow/en/character/jubeithos/Soridorma%C3%AD/advanced
    Awww.....poor orkie

He looks so sad in his armory pic.

Jin'Rokh log... 19 Kill Commands on a 4:30 second fight... There's the problem. KC should always be on cooldown, you should always have enough focus to ensure KC is on cooldown. Playing perfectly, you should get 10KCs/minute, so he's well under half the expected amount.

He can definitely improve, but you're comparing Survival to BM... Pets don't get the damage bonus from the water, which is really a reason he shouldn't even be using BM on that fight.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    Jin'Rokh log... 19 Kill Commands on a 4:30 second fight... There's the problem. KC should always be on cooldown, you should always have enough focus to ensure KC is on cooldown. Playing perfectly, you should get 10KCs/minute, so he's well under half the expected amount.

He can definitely improve, but you're comparing Survival to BM... Pets don't get the damage bonus from the water, which is really a reason he shouldn't even be using BM on that fight.
    I thought the same thing... but he died 70% into the fight (the figure's still low even accounting for that). In fact, this raid's issues aren't DPS related though the hunter can improve. It's that good chunks of the raid died at one time or another (http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7k...y/?s=647&e=924). I don't have the time to delve into why this is, but either your healers suck, people are being stupid and dropping orbs in the water, etc or people aren't moving out of damage but you need to STOP DYING. Dead DPS does zero damage. Your lock looks good on the meters but spend a decent chunk of the Jinrokh kill dead.

Fix that.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-03-21 at 02:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Aertea View Post
    Pets get the bonus as long as the hunter is standing in the water. You can use BM or Surv on that fight, and since we are in similar gear I think it's perfectly fair to compare my performance (his potential performance regardless of spec) to his current performance.

---------- Post added 2013-03-21 at 01:46 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    I thought the same thing... but he died 70% into the fight
    I think you are looking at a different jin'rokh log to the one I initially linked (and Aertea subsequently quoted). There was only one death on the log I was referring to and it wasn't the hunter.
    Last edited by Kanadei; 2013-03-21 at 02:48 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'm looking at the latest kill: http://worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-7k...e/?s=647&e=924

The lock dies early and a monk, druid and the hunter all die about 70% in.

Ah, i see what you're looking at. Yes, 20 KC and 4'30".... that's def a problem.
    Last edited by clevin; 2013-03-21 at 02:54 AM.

not talking just about jinohk talking about alround

Quote Originally Posted by neijr View Post
    not talking just about jinohk talking about alround
    We are talking about "all around" just using Jinrokh as an example since it's basically a Patchwerk fight with very little for dps to do except... you guessed it... dps.

You're welcome btw.

I can tell more:

1. Your hunter doesnt know the class: not only KC is dramaticly low, Glaive toss usage is not the best too. 11 out of 18?
    2. He doesnt prepot/use pot into the fight.
    3. Armory is poor.
    4. CD usage is poor. Double Rapid fire and only 27.1 sec uptime. Should be 30sec.
    5. Why did he use explosive trap?
    6. He was alive for 194.7s and serpent sting uptime is 179 sec.

No point to inquire more.
    Good luck tho. Did your force him to play hunter/BM?
    Every time you say "I don't believe in fearies" one of them dies...