Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    I wasnt installing it myself...They started it yesterday and called me around 1 today to pick it up. I spoke to the guy who built it and he complemented be on the build (thanks to you guys ). I'm excited. Just downloading basics for the PC first before I hop on wow.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 10:49 PM ----------

Well this isn't good at all. Playing wow on high I'm getting 30 FPS in orgrimmar? Not loving the graphics at all. WTF? Did I choose a poor graphics card for WoW? THis sucks.

Hi guys,
    I'm new to this site.
    No computer wiz here, but bought the grandson this same HP ENVY h8-1534 desktop about 6 mos ago. He has had no problems with it at all.
    He does want to upgrade his video card, I now have the Gigabyte HD 7850 OC 2gig WindForce 2x on hand.
    Will this work in this computer and do I have to change the psu from the installed 460w to a 500w min? I also have a Corsair CX500 on hand.
    Wish I was more knowledgeable about building one from scratch 6 months ago, but it is what it is and funds are tight right now..........
    Thanks,
    coolhandluke

Quote Originally Posted by nelsonb24 View Post
    I wasnt installing it myself...They started it yesterday and called me around 1 today to pick it up. I spoke to the guy who built it and he complemented be on the build (thanks to you guys ). I'm excited. Just downloading basics for the PC first before I hop on wow.

Well this isn't good at all. Playing wow on high I'm getting 30 FPS in orgrimmar? Not loving the graphics at all. WTF? Did I choose a poor graphics card for WoW? THis sucks.
    Capital cities are extremely intense on CPUs. If you're getting 30FPS at peak hours in Org/SW, then that is actually a fairly strong system for $1K. I can promise that the one you originally arrived on this forum with would probably not run at all in Org during peak hours with anything above minimum settings.

Edit: Make sure you turn shadow / sunshafts off. Will help a ton.

[/COLOR]Well this isn't good at all. Playing wow on high I'm getting 30 FPS in orgrimmar? Not loving the graphics at all. WTF? Did I choose a poor graphics card for WoW? THis sucks.
    30fps in org isn't bad what you mainly want to look at is your fps doing 25man raids and battlegrounds and with the build you posting u should be fine doing both.

With MMO's its hard to get high fps in major citys even more so with WOW because of how old it is. Just remember just because wow is nearly 10 years old dose not mean its easy/cheap to max its settings.
    Check me out....Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing, Im └(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┘┌(-.-)┐└(-.-)┐ Dancing.
    My Gaming PC: MSI Trident 3 - i7-10700F - RTX 4060 8GB - 32GB DDR4 - 1TB M.2SSD

Quote Originally Posted by Jtbrig7390 View Post
    30fps in org isn't bad what you mainly want to look at is your fps doing 25man raids and battlegrounds and with the build you posting u should be fine doing both.

With MMO's its hard to get high fps in major citys even more so with WOW because of how old it is. Just remember just because wow is nearly 10 years old dose not mean its easy/cheap to max its settings.
    Actually, it's because it's 10 years old that you can't max your settings on ultra

Not sure why i have the same processor, i5 3570k (not OC'd) and a gtx 660 ti graphic card, and i can max wow, running 8xMultisampling + everything on max minus shadows (was running at max but i really hate shadows on this game.. lol) oi get 40-60 fps pretty much everywhere except in intesnse combat such as raiding. mainly 25 raids though.

Oh and WoW is CPU based not GPU based, the CPU has a much larger impact on performance for wow than the graphic card, which is why i found it odd, since we both have the same cpu.

EDIT: make sure u have installed latest drivers for graphic card and everything though xD

Quote Originally Posted by coolhandluke View Post
    Hi guys,
    I'm new to this site.
    No computer wiz here, but bought the grandson this same HP ENVY h8-1534 desktop about 6 mos ago. He has had no problems with it at all.
    He does want to upgrade his video card, I now have the Gigabyte HD 7850 OC 2gig WindForce 2x on hand.
    Will this work in this computer and do I have to change the psu from the installed 460w to a 500w min? I also have a Corsair CX500 on hand.
    Wish I was more knowledgeable about building one from scratch 6 months ago, but it is what it is and funds are tight right now..........
    Thanks,
    coolhandluke
    Since you dont know what brand the 460W is, then its safer to put the CX500 with the 7850 instead of the no-name 460W.