Top 10 DPS not realistic for warriors?

Before 5.2, I was usually top 5 dps in the 25m raid. Thanks to the nerf to execute, recklessness, HL etc., I been struggling to get to #10. Then I look at the damage meters of the high end guilds and their warriors are all out of the top 10. Some dont even bring DPS warriors, the nerfs were too much.

Warriors are (still) very gear-dependent. Get a ilvl 522 weapon and see if your not moving up the dps-meter.
    HolgerDK Stærkodder Shocknorrís
    "Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic." - Arthur C. Clarke.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mstg View Post
    Before 5.2, I was usually top 5 dps in the 25m raid. Thanks to the nerf to execute, recklessness, HL etc., I been struggling to get to #10. Then I look at the damage meters of the high end guilds and their warriors are all out of the top 10. Some dont even bring DPS warriors, the nerfs were too much.
    Italics portion, keep in mind that there are 23 different DPS specs in the game with different niches and ability pools divided amongst 11 classes with even broader separations.

In any given 25-man raid, where there are typically 17 DPS spots even with absolutely no redundancy there are going to be several DPS specs unrepresented. It's just the matter of things. Just because top DPS guilds aren't bringing warriors doesn't mean Warriors aren't good, it's numerically impossible to bring everyone and if they wanna keep their sponsorships they're gonna stack the very best specs.

It's early in the tier, and a Warrior's potential damage scales with gear the same way a Semi Truck's potential damage scales with freeway speed limits. Particularly the legendary Meta gem will be some gigantic DPS game changer?
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

Deleted
    Like it was said in another thread here, Warriors are simply worse than Rogues and DKs atm, both in terms of damage and survivability, so they get benched more often than (some) other melees.
    Scaling will get us past most of those issues tho, like always (except maybe Assassination Rogues) but currently, where everyone needs the best performing DPS classes, Warriors are only mediocre.

Deleted
    the most change I have noticed it's probably reck + execute. SMF isn't definitely the same than before and I'm thinking about playing TG at least for now
    Last edited by mmoc23b94a0762; 2013-03-21 at 09:12 AM.

i was sitting at top12-15 all the time untill i coined 528 thunderforged sword. went to arms and now im in top5. Usually ranking in Worldoflogs. top 5 heroic Jin'Rokh , top 13 Lei Shen and top 25 on Twins. So i believe with a good weapon and later with heroic gear warriors should be fine. At least i hope so.

Deleted
    With Heroic weapons, or Heroic Thunderforged weapons, DPS warriors are really fine in any spec... trust me

Quote Originally Posted by Validity View Post
    It's early in the tier, and a Warrior's potential damage scales with gear the same way a Semi Truck's potential damage scales with freeway speed limits. Particularly the legendary Meta gem will be some gigantic DPS game changer?
    Given how warrior dps developed during the last tier I don't really see some gigantic game changing scaling differences but well.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hitriy View Post
    Usually ranking in Worldoflogs.
    Ranking isn't specifically hard though especially currently. Gear discrepancies, a lot of progressing guilds hiding their logs. You basically get regionally ranked for playing the encounter and not die till the end. With arms it's even easier as less people give arms a shot.
    That said getting top 10 depending on encounter should definitely be possible unless you are playing in one of those guilds that has 100% players on every class and stacks the hell out of the good specs. Personally I wouldn't really recommend smf anymore though - at least I am not really content with it anymore since the reck and execute nerf. It doesn't seem worth it with the lower cleave damage.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-03-21 at 05:19 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by whoranzone View Post
    Given how warrior dps developed during the last tier I don't really see some gigantic game changing scaling differences but well.

Ranking isn't specifically hard though especially currently. Gear discrepancies, a lot of progressing guilds hiding their logs. You basically get regionally ranked for playing the encounter and not die till the end. With arms it's even easier as less people give arms a shot.
    That said getting top 10 depending on encounter should definitely be possible unless you are playing in one of those guilds that has 100% players on every class and stacks the hell out of the good specs. Personally I wouldn't really recommend smf anymore though - at least I am not really content with it anymore since the reck and execute nerf. It doesn't seem worth it with the lower cleave damage.
    As a rule, I'd ignore everything this guy ever says. SMF is still the strongest warrior DPS spec, ranking isn't just about not dying, and the reason Arms is easier to rank with is because arms isn't as good as fury due to factors sch as having geared towards fury in T14, etc.

Also, the cleave damage thing is BS. The difference between SMF and TG w/ BS is around 10-15%. On fights with DR instead of BS (any fight with more frequent, shorter cleave phases) the gap is even shorter. In addition, those exact circumstances (shorters, quicker AoE phases) favor SMF HL over TG.

I'm tired of people saying warriors are in a bad spot. Bad warriors are in a bad spot. There are plenty of amazing warriors who'd agree with me.

In addition, unless you're in a top 5 U.S guild it wouldn't even matter. If you're wiping to enrage in anything but it's because your raids overall DPS is bad, not that warriors are weak.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkfriend View Post
    As a rule, I'd ignore everything this guy ever says.
    Why so mad ? Well I guess I know. Anyways ranking isn't hard in hc simply for the lack of competition. I can play crap because of a cold like I did on this reset and still end up with a top 20 regional ranking on jinrokh just because I was able to dodge a couple lightnings.
    Also tg is the favored because of heavy cleave on most of the first 25s hc encounters you are going to work on so why should you specifically go for smf regardless ? Of course if you happen to be lucky and get a couple weapons but not everyone happens to be as fortunate.
    Last edited by cFortyfive; 2013-03-21 at 08:58 PM.

I'm still keeping up on every fight so far, managed top 3 on jinrok hc, top on horrid hc on, top 10 on council heroic, top on tortos hc and top on mag hc, all with 4pc t14 and 2x517 2hs, our single target is a little low though compared to most others but any fight with a cleave mechanic or burst some we will excel on

Deleted
    Warriors do have nice raid support, very unique abilities which other classes do not offer. But you would gimp your raid if you would stack warriors. Better take all dem warlocks

10+ Year Old Account
    I’m finding Warrior DPS fine and top most of the time. The only fights where I’m lower then RDPS is where they can multi dot on adds which are spread out ie Dark Animus. As per 5.1 I’m finding Arms to be decent at the start of the tier with less gear and only one weapon but once I have more gear and two decent weapons ill switch back to Fury TG or SMF depending on drops. As always you should play what you enjoy and what you have the gear for IMO.