"Best" Alliance server?

Hello all,

In your opinion, what's the best server for Alliance and why?

I'm looking to re-roll with a few IRL friends and we're looking for a good, high-pop server with a good PvP and PvE scene. I know that KT is good for Alliance PvP (as a horde player that gets rolled by their premades all the time), but how's the PvE life there? Any other servers with a solid pop. and active on both sides of the game?

Thanks,
    Regen.

PS: has to be U.S. server that has it's "busy times" in U.S. times, preferably eastern.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    Emerald Dream

10+ Year Old Account
    EU player and I have no idea. Isn't the whole idea that every server has a different wavelength and suits different people and their play-styles.
    (I mean that's how it feels our end of the pond)

The only way you could ever make an informed decision is by making level 1's on prospective High Population servers and feeling it out.
    Whisper some players of guilds or teams who might know what's up, they're far likely to give you a more informed answer.

Asking on here is just a case of 'MY SERVERS THE BEST AND HERE'S WHY'. You might find the competition on the server you choose is too taxing, or too easy. I would advise going in game personally and investigating, check the official forums of those servers too.
    I have eaten all the popcorn, I left none for anyone else.

Sargeras for a PVP server that also has good PVE progression. Stormrage for a PVE Server that is good at PVE

Zul'Jin if you want a server that has a sembelence of Horde and Alliance balance, though PVE progression seems to favor Horde.

Basically just look at http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us to get a rough idea of where the servers rank. Outside of that, it's probably going to be down to personal perference

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    If you keep to a good guild and stay out of the PuG scene as much as possible, K'T is one of the best servers you can get.
    I have to giggle, because you pretty much just described every server out there.
    Last edited by Mad_Murdock; 2013-03-21 at 04:01 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    As someone who played on Kel'Thuzad my entire time playing WoW, it is the best Alliance server I have come across in comparison to the other ones I made alts on.

Always had the best PvP groups when organized (fuck the other Alliance teams on Nightfall, incompetent bastards) and our PvE groups are very decent when you find a good guild to get going.

My only warning is that there are alot of assholes and trolls these days, its one of the reasons why I quit. Too much backstabbing in pugs.

If you keep to a good guild and stay out of the PuG scene as much as possible, K'T is one of the best servers you can get.
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

I have an alt on Korgath and it seems to be pretty active. Granted, I don't really spend too much time there, but I see a lot of activity in their general chat for guilds recruiting and pugs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    I have to giggle, because you pretty much just described every server out there.
    Which is exactly why I no longer play this game, otherwise I would have rerolled on another server :P
    Fod Sparta los wuth, ahrk okaaz gekenlok kruziik himdah, dinok fent kos rozol do daan wah jer do Samos. Ahrk haar do Heracles fent motaad, fah strunmah vonun fent yolein ko yol

Quote Originally Posted by Lothaeryn View Post
    As someone who played on Kel'Thuzad my entire time playing WoW, it is the best Alliance server I have come across in comparison to the other ones I made alts on.

Always had the best PvP groups when organized (fuck the other Alliance teams on Nightfall, incompetent bastards) and our PvE groups are very decent when you find a good guild to get going.

My only warning is that there are alot of assholes and trolls these days, its one of the reasons why I quit. Too much backstabbing in pugs.

Good to know. One thing I would like is good, organized PvP. And it does semm KT does very well on that.

Quote Originally Posted by Mad_Murdock View Post
    Sargeras for a PVP server that also has good PVE progression. Stormrage for a PVE Server that is good at PVE

Zul'Jin if you want a server that has a sembelence of Horde and Alliance balance, though PVE progression seems to favor Horde.

Basically just look at http://www.wowprogress.com/realms/rank/us to get a rough idea of where the servers rank. Outside of that, it's probably going to be down to personal perference

Sargeras looks good. I'll look into that. The time zone is a good perk too, huge population as well.
    Regen#1804 need NA overwatch friends.