Let's talk about the legendary meta gem

(This entire post assumes Fire)

http://us.battle.net/wow/en/forum/to...?page=114#2278

There is the list of the PPM adjustment changes. The Sinister Primal Diamond has a RPPM base of 1.18. Because of fire mage, that is multiplied by 0.302. Which gives us a RPPM of 0.35636 for fire.

Now we use the RPPM formula for determining how much of a stat you gain:
    [[(PPM) * 1.25(Haste) * Duration of Trinket] / 60] * Stats granted on proc

Plugging the numbers in, assuming 30% haste = 12750 rating, we gain only 112 haste rating. (This assumes a base character haste rating of 11.8%, which is just my haste rating because I'm lazy.)

So to compare.
    With the burning we have 216 int and 3% crit rating.
    With the legendary meta we have 324 crit rating and 112 haste.

Am I the only one that sees the problem? How can something be legendary and not be an upgrade over the current basic gem we're using?

The burning meta gem is not +3% crit rating, only a bonus to the crit multiplier. So you crits will do 2,03 times more damage instead of 2 times more damage.

Plugging in your numbers I get: .35636 * 1.25 * 10/60 * 12750 = 947 haste

It looks like you are multiplying that by your haste for some reason to get 112. It is 30% haste, not 30% increase to your haste.

Also if the haste proc is multiplicative, increase that by 25% or so.

Deleted
    Edit: already stated.

Deleted
    First, the burning meta gives 3% increase to damage of spell that crit, not crit rating.
    Second, Haste for R-ppm ignore two things : haste raid buff (+5%) and goblin buff.
    Third, haste is multiplicative. 30% haste give a factor of 1.3.

Would the Courageous Primal diamond proc for dps? Killing monsters seems pretty beneficial to me. That no mana for 4 sec would be AWESOME for arcane.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 04:50 PM ----------

Also, how much damage will capacitance (from Capacitive Primal Diamond) do?

Quote Originally Posted by Nathyiel View Post
    First, the burning meta gives 3% increase to damage of spell that crit, not crit rating.
    Second, Haste for R-ppm ignore two things : haste raid buff (+5%) and goblin buff.
    Third, haste is multiplicative. 30% haste give a factor of 1.3.
    The burning primal diamond does not increase crit by 3%? Assuming you are correct, then looking at the tooltip ("3% Increased Critical Effect"), I would say Blizzard did a piss poor job of explaining what it actually does.

Quote Originally Posted by scuac View Post
    The burning primal diamond does not increase crit by 3%? Assuming you are correct, then looking at the tooltip ("3% Increased Critical Effect"), I would say Blizzard did a piss poor job of explaining what it actually does.
    It's +3% Crit Damage. An easy way to test would be to take off your helmet and see how much your crit goes down. If it's anything less than 3%, then you know that's wrong :P
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Deleted
    Did you play at Diablo III ?
    If not, "increased critical effect" is self explanatory : it's increase the effect (damage) of (spell) that crit.
    In contrary, it would have been "increase your critical chance"

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastamana View Post
    Would the Courageous Primal diamond proc for dps? Killing monsters seems pretty beneficial to me. That no mana for 4 sec would be AWESOME for arcane.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 04:50 PM ----------

Also, how much damage will capacitance (from Capacitive Primal Diamond) do?

"Chance on casting a helpful spell to make your spells cost no mana for 4 sec." helpful refers to heals, not damage.