Thread: So Tot Healing

So Tot Healing

Anyone think for a raid that was originally said by blizzard to just be doable by doing the mechanics is really tight on unavoidable healing? I mean granted we downed megeara pre nerf and that was just a nasty fight no matter how you did it, and durumu is almost as bad, and now worse than nerfed mergeara. Just seems like when they say execute the mechanics to down content they have the foot note *requires 200k hps.

"Pre nerf" Mageara wasn't that bad. Use your CD's effectively and no fight is honestly that hard to heal.

10+ Year Old Account
    Having killed 11/12 Pre-nerf of anything, i did feel Mageara was slightly over tuned in terms of healing. We had to avoid frost all together and use a fairly unforgiving flame dispel strategy. It wasn't groundbreaking by any extent, we've seen far more difficult normal modes most tiers with regards to healing, though this one felt out of place in an otherwise easygoing throughput raid.
    The only other boss that stuck out for healing was Iron, he felt like a mishmash of a ton of different bosses. I initially thought he would be a brick wall, but each phase was too short to put any strain on. Looking forward to heroic though!

If you think Durumu is hard to heal, then you're not doing it right. People must stand in beams of a color they already have a huge amount of stacks.

Pre-nerf Megeara felt a little out of place for healing, but it was very manageable with an appropriate strat. Now it's way easier because the heads end up pretty low after each Rampage.

Our healers commented that there was nothing to heal on Durumu and mostly just DPSed, so it sounds like you're doing something wrong. Each beam only splits 110k/2s and the phase should be over in 10-15s. That's only 165k total HPS required for a very short time, and you should be blowing cooldowns to reduce that anyways. Are you killing Azure Fogs or something?

Iron Qon became way easier to heal once we worked out Wind Storm healing and realized Arcing Lightning was sticking around and doing a lot of damage in later phases. The fire phase doesn't last long enough to be a problem unless people fuck up spears.

Every fight is 2 healable, or comfortably 3 healable with healers mostly doing damage.

Deleted
    yeah I dont think durumu is as hard for healers as mageara. I agree that magaera felt out of place regarding healintensity compared to other ToT encounters.

Quote Originally Posted by Dozar View Post
    Having killed 11/12 Pre-nerf of anything, i did feel Mageara was slightly over tuned in terms of healing. We had to avoid frost all together and use a fairly unforgiving flame dispel strategy. It wasn't groundbreaking by any extent, we've seen far more difficult normal modes most tiers with regards to healing, though this one felt out of place in an otherwise easygoing throughput raid.
    The only other boss that stuck out for healing was Iron, he felt like a mishmash of a ton of different bosses. I initially thought he would be a brick wall, but each phase was too short to put any strain on. Looking forward to heroic though!
    For Iron Qon, I feel the difference between having a warlock for that fight and not having a warlock is far too great.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiildur View Post
    For Iron Qon, I feel the difference between having a warlock for that fight and not having a warlock is far too great.
    The gate was bugged week 1 and despawned every Wind Storm. It's really not that big of a deal if you have a Disc to pre-Spirit Shell or a MW to Roll out and heal. Even just Stampeding Roar makes it easy.

Really, it's been a healer's game since Cataclysm.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnarles Malarkey View Post
    Really, it's been a healer's game since Cataclysm.
    This.

The whole raid lasts on the Shoulders of the Healers for years now.

Quote Originally Posted by Isiildur View Post
    After getting into the tornadoes between two gateways (while being teleported) and them despawning when the lock moved 'too far away', we decided not using it was actually better for us.

Although it did make Megaera with killing blues considerably easier, since nobody had more than 3-4secs of downtime.

Quote Originally Posted by felcommander View Post
    Anyone think for a raid that was originally said by blizzard to just be doable by doing the mechanics is really tight on unavoidable healing? I mean granted we downed megeara pre nerf and that was just a nasty fight no matter how you did it, and durumu is almost as bad, and now worse than nerfed mergeara. Just seems like when they say execute the mechanics to down content they have the foot note *requires 200k hps.
    Honestly, I do think that if everyone in the raid is handling the mechanics to the best of their ability, the raid is generally quite forgiving healing-wise. A lot of the normal encounters, people are going 3 healers because they -can- more than because they have to. Once the average raid is more geared, and if it has good healers + good raiders in general, you can probably 2heal all of ToT on 10man. You can, but you don't have to, because DPS timers aren't that tight. So most people simply won't.

Quote Originally Posted by Spraytwist View Post
    This.

The whole raid lasts on the Shoulders of the Healers for years now.
    Maybe I've just been lucky enough to have raided with only excellent healers (which I think is probably true), I find that the success of my raids depends more on the DPS we bring. On our fairly small server competent DPS is like finding a needle in multiple warehouses of haystacks, but outstanding healers are all over the place.

The number of times I've pugged in a 485+ iLvl DPS who ends up doing less than 40k dps is staggering. Yet somehow, the few times I've had to PuG in a healer, they've kept up just fine with our usual guys.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Halifax View Post
    Maybe I've just been lucky enough to have raided with only excellent healers (which I think is probably true), I find that the success of my raids depends more on the DPS we bring. On our fairly small server competent DPS is like finding a needle in multiple warehouses of haystacks, but outstanding healers are all over the place.
    lol, its exactly the reverse on my realm, send some of your healers over to auchindoun EU and ill give ya some dps ? :P

Its not that heals have to be outstanding to beat the encounter, its the heals CAN save/carry other members' bad play.

The HPS requirement on Jin'rokh, for example, is pretty high if you have people messing it up, but totally manageable when done right. Same goes for nearly every fight in there.