Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account

Crimson Primal Direhorn

is it just me or is the crimson direhorn from the sunreaver onslaught a little small? here is a ss of me next to another orc on the primordial version of the mount. hmmm..?

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2...2113155104.jpg

edit: just a response to some people in this thread - i am an orc, the guy in the picture is an orc, neither of us have any unusual size changing buffs/debuffs. ive been wandering around finding other orcs with the same mount and its the same problem. the crimson direhorn is a good bit smaller than the other ones as shown in my screen shot.
    Last edited by CoolHwip46; 2013-03-21 at 09:24 PM.

Tauren have their mounts scaled up. The one you're riding is the normal version of the mount.

Tauren, Gnomes and Pandaren have larger mounts than other races. There is nothing wrong with your Crimson mount.

Edit - However he seems to be an Orc, so I actually don't really know. Maybe he had a size changing buff on and you didn't realize?

Quote Originally Posted by CoolHwip46 View Post
    is it just me or is the crimson direhorn from the sunreaver onslaught a little small? here is a ss of me next to another orc on the primordial version of the mount. hmmm..?

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/2...2113155104.jpg
    I've noticed the same thing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Servasus View Post
    Tauren, Gnomes and Pandaren have larger mounts than other races. There is nothing wrong with your Crimson mount.

They are both orcs.

Edit: Nevermind saw your edit

Which in reply to that, same thing I've noticed myself with other people on that mount and they did not have anything that increased size.

Last edited by Lucetia; 2013-03-21 at 08:05 PM.

Deleted
    If it is not a bug, but intended, then it looks like a nice touch from blizzard to show us a wild(technically) vs domesticated(probably by magic)-thus stunted version of the same mount. This is just my guess.

Deleted
    Pretty sure the OP stated that he was next to another ORC. Only thing i can think of is did the other ORC have something that made him bigger, like a potion on trinket that increased his size? They make mounts bigger too :P

10+ Year Old Account
    It probably is bugged. I just got it on my tauren and it's tiny, smaller than most of my other mounts (including horses!).

10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe, they are different in size so they don't look like the exact same mount in 2 different colors? Just my 2 cents.

Quote Originally Posted by tidus4eva View Post
    The Kirin Tor mount is the same. My friend got a dropped direhorn from a warbringer and we were mounted up next to each other, both as the Tauren rare smite trinket. The warbringer mount is slightly larger than the rep mount
    Ive noticed that Tauren are larger than other races even with this transformation.

Same thing with me... I was using it on my female human it looked great (humans are small). Then I used it on my troll... I was like... wtf? is it a baby dino im sitting on? look bad.

One of my guildies noticed this the other day. The Crimson Primal Direhorn changes size depending on the rider. The Primordial direhorns, on the other hand, seem stuck in tauren mode.

One is a living creature and the other appears to be carved out of stone, like a mogu construct. Probably meant to be different sizes.

I haven't had that issue on the alliance side. Yesterday, while waiting on a group to fully form for Oondasta I was standing beside someone on their Slate Primordial Direhorn, and I was on the Golden Primal, both were exactly the same size. o.0
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Have you seen my posts over the past few days? You should be asking yourself why I'm alive, not why I don't have friends.
    Change is inevitable, Growth is optional.

Sorry i dont have a screenshot of the conversation, but i talked angrily ranted to a gm and when i cooled off i asked why these mounts were so small. He said he wasnt sure but it might have something to do with character models being reworked.

Seems like either a glitch, or intended. Either or, its not that big of a deal, right?
    Sylvanas Windrunner is not hot... Change my mind.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yea, I was bummed out that the crimson one wound up being teeny. Sigh, thought I'd be able to skip going hunting for rares to drop the stone-skinned version, but it's just too teeny. I must have a real one.

Primal direhorns found from the warbringers are all slightly larger then the rep counter parts.

Quote Originally Posted by Keristrasza View Post
    I haven't had that issue on the alliance side. Yesterday, while waiting on a group to fully form for Oondasta I was standing beside someone on their Slate Primordial Direhorn, and I was on the Golden Primal, both were exactly the same size. o.0
    Were you different races? I've used my golden one beside a slate and we were both human female, and mine was smaller

Quote Originally Posted by Zorua View Post
    Tauren have their mounts scaled up. The one you're riding is the normal version of the mount.
    My tauren's look stupidly small too, compared to a male taurens.. I don't really understand why there's a difference between male/female tauren mount sizes....
    Last edited by Neliah; 2013-03-24 at 08:11 AM.

Deleted
    Both direhorn versions have a fix size and doesn't scale on your char.