View Poll Results: What will Blizzard announce?!

Voters
578. This poll is closed
  • Project Titan

39 6.75%
  • WarCraft 4

28 4.84%
  • Diablo 3 Xbox

7 1.21%
  • Mobile Game

61 10.55%
  • WoW Expansion

22 3.81%
  • StarCraft: Ghost

10 1.73%
  • World of Diablo

2 0.35%
  • Social Feature

21 3.63%
  • StarCraft Expansion

1 0.17%
  • Blizzard All-stars

223 38.58%
  • World of StarCraft

8 1.38%
  • Other

120 20.76%
  • Diablo Expansion

25 4.33%
  • Diablo 3 PlayStation

11 1.90%
Page 8 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Jay Wilson's twitter:

Jay Wilson
    @Angryrobotics
    Game Director @ Blizzard on an unannounced game.

I'm going to say it's an announcement for this one.

Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    But the dota game isn't really secret.
    "We've been working on something, different from our other games, and we're pleased to invite you to see it"

Doesnt actually say "It's something that we havent ever told people about"

So their Blizzard All-Stars completly works. The only thing we've seen of it so far are
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahumut5
    I don't want to call Boubouille and wake her up for something like this.

If is not a sequel, then we can discard warcraft 4, starcraft 3?, wow 2, diablo 4, etc.

If is not an expansion, no diablo, no wow, no sc2.

If is not about the new MMO, then is not titan.

Then there is a big chance to be the new Blizzard dota.

Also, lets read carefully "...it's something we are excited for you to get your hands on" This might indicate some kind of mobile game, maybe an android app. Plus, we can speculate from the image (theme and typography) that it might be a mid age themed game and that image on the background really looks like a rune... so my final theory if it is not blizzard dota, it should be a some kind of RPG for mobiles devices.

10+ Year Old Account
    Some of the guesses make about as much sense as me guessing its WOW: Tides of destruction, a naga expansion. Know why i guess that? Because its being held in the Naga theater. Its a clue man... its a clue.

If Blizzard Dota is just an addon for Starcraft it's going to be a joke that will completely flop. It needs to be a standalone F2P game to compete with League.

If it isn't, Blizzard will have flopped on two major games in a row, D3 and now this,.

Deleted
    Probably wont be but I'd like mobile game.

Already playing WoW and GW2 (and Neverwinter when that comes out) I don't have a lot of time for other games. If it's something I have to play on a PC, I would just be playing WoW instead, so it wouldn't be a game I could play for a long time.

I have basically nothing on my phone besides a Golden Sun emulated ROM to help me pass train journeys/boring lectures though. (fingers crossed they bring out Android Baldur's Gate sooner rather than later...)

Blizzard's version of Steam...

edit: with social stuff included in it - facebook account linking, ect.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Titan View Post
    If Blizzard Dota is just an addon for Starcraft it's going to be a joke that will completely flop. It needs to be a standalone F2P game to compete with League.

If it isn't, Blizzard will have flopped on two major games in a row, D3 and now this,.
    ''

I dont think Heart of the Swarm flopped, so that wouldnt be 2 in a row.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    That would be extremely hard to play, the controllers dont have enough buttons lol.
    PS3 already have mouse and keyboard support and so will PS4, don't see the issue. Also it would most likely not be a crossover between PC and console versions but console would get their own servers, scales and probably even a reduction in "unnecessary" spells. Blizz could make it work, i'm sure of it

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Another troll diablo related release to put the dagger in the coffin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Well, at first I was absolutely certain it was a Diablo Expansion. However, with their latest comments, it would almost allude to something a little smaller. Like maybe some kind of foray into the ios market.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moon Blade View Post
    There's nothing for casuals to do, beyond pretend they are raiders in LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by simca View Post
    but at the same time it can't be a new universe project unless the universe isn't meant to have a serious story focus - something like that is years of work on story/environment/setting and would never be announced at pax instead of blizzcon this year.

So it could be something in the starcraft/diablo/warcraft/lost vikings/blackthorne/rock and roll racing franchises in the form of a prequel (not a sequel or expansion) or something that is just a different genre within the same universe (i.e. A starcraft fps like ghost was or a diablo tower defense game, etc).

The other possibilities are things like blizzard all-stars (already announced but was a sc2 map at the time and is now a full game - at least listed separately from sc2 on their site), ports (i.e. X game to console), or something odd (battle.net application).
    mother of god a warcraft prequel would be freaking amazing! Aaaammmaazziinnnggg!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    ''

I dont think Heart of the Swarm flopped, so that wouldnt be 2 in a row.
    Heart of the Swarm is an expansion to the game.

Blizzard Dota isn't. It's a completely different game.

Nobody is going to go drop $30-50 on SC2 to play Blizzard DOTA, when DOTA 2 and League are both free, and Leagues community is larger than World of Warcrafts.

10+ Year Old Account
    It'll be Blizzard All-stars
    Quote Originally Posted by bizzy View Post
    yeh but lava is just very hot water

10+ Year Old Account
    *yawn*.
    It's Blizzard All-Stars.
    Not doubt.

But they are pretty late to the picture, and unless they made necessary changes, it's going to suck.
    We stopped searching for monsters under our beds when we realized that they were inside us.

Tell me something, my friend. You ever dance with the devil in the pale moonlight?

I guess (by reading your posts) that most of you cant read at all. They said its something completley new, not announced, not connected in any way to their current franchises. And still everybody say's "Blizzard DOTA". It will be something none of us is really expecting, personally im really curious because Blizzard didnt release new IP for decades now. And its really impossible to guess what will it be at this point as Blizzard keeps their secrets very good as no other company on the gaming market.

Are we sure it's a game at all? All I read was "We're going to announce something new, not like all our other games." It could be a psudeo game, or maybe a social network with games ala Zynga
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    ...because being black means you can't be racist only prejudice.
    ...black people have no power, privilege they cannot be racist since they were oppressed.
    Did you just compare slavery to the holocaust? Don't compare them. The holocaust lasted 4 years while slavery lasted for well over 200 years at least in the US FYI

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    World of starcraft would be cool
    why ? didnt they already announce Starcraft Universe ?? everyone know's Starcraft mmo is in the making
    Last edited by Hooliganz; 2013-03-22 at 07:18 AM.

10+ Year Old Account
    World of Blackthorn ... craft ... of the swarm ...
    You heard it first at MMO-C folks! :3

Not an expansion ( stated by Blizz ). Considering the fact that Heart of the Swarm ( Actually I don't know if its out yet ) is fresh, and considering that Diablo 3 was made available for PS there wont be anything WoW, Diablo or Starcraft related. They clearly said its not Titan ( "Not a next gen MMO" ). Its something else.

It can be Android Pet Battles, Warcraft 4, Blizzard DOTA ( I remember something about it being announced 1 or 2 years ago....ye ).