Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Howard Moon View Post
    Spamming /flex in the middle of the Barrens sounds like a very weak reason for a suspension, given that people constantly spam "anal" jokes in Stormwind and nobody does anything.
    Well you can't "spam" anal jokes on General or Trade, that's why you can't get done for Anal spam
    You can however spam emotes like /Flex, (if You're a child IMO) as they don't trigger the chat cooldown^^

Spamming /flex in the middle of the Barrens sounds like a very weak reason for a suspension, given that people constantly spam "anal" jokes in Stormwind and nobody does anything.
    /2 anal will get you an account action if people bother to report it. Go ahead, try it.

Why, this is the course of nature. You, (the op), as the predator, stalked the mage, who was your prey, and repeatedly killed him, proving that you are indeed the stronger specimen. However, you were unaware that you were preyed upon the whole time, and then got beaten by an even stronger predator! Nature at it's finest. It's called natural selection or something. Darwin, hoooo!

Quote Originally Posted by kenshinag View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Suggs View Post
    Fucking lol at all you do gooders in here talking pure bullshit.
    I bet almost all if not all people in this thread has spammed shit in chat or when they kill an enemy even to this day.
    Mmo-champion, breeding bullshitters and forum jockys..since whenever the fuck this place began!
    TBH, I've never done that. Mostly cause I find it irritating when I'm on the receiving end of it and I'd rather set an example that spamming is not needed.
    i've never done this once in my wow-life, and will never do it. what's the reason behind it?

Quote Originally Posted by Skulltaker View Post
    Why, this is the course of nature. You, (the op), as the predator, stalked the mage, who was your prey, and repeatedly killed him, proving that you are indeed the stronger specimen. However, you were unaware that you were preyed upon the whole time, and then got beaten by an even stronger predator! Nature at it's finest. It's called natural selection or something. Darwin, hoooo!
    You can think of it as "too dumb to move out of the account lightning ground effect." In any event, Darwin is vindicated.

Deleted
    Sometimes higher levels gank the lower levels for fun. Is this right? Can they do that? Or is it abusing power?

The Lightbringer GKLeatherCraft's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by alyshira View Post
    Sometimes higher levels gank the lower levels for fun. Is this right? Can they do that? Or is it abusing power?
    You could say it's an abuse of power, as they have zero chance of fighting back, But yes they can do it, some people find it fun, others do it for the principle of you being an enemy player, others are just dicks lol

Quote Originally Posted by superstarz View Post
    nothing wrong with corpse camping..
    its pvp
    if you dont like it join pve
    Well, thread response shows that you're clearly in minority. It is good. The sooner people like you are thrown from the game, the better it will become for everyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by alyshira View Post
    Yes they can do it. Of course they can do it. It is an approved behavior, at least to the point where (on a PvP server) there is no longer a "PvP solution."

But, basically, if you are a dick, and you get banned from WoW, the world is better for your absence.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 02:04 AM ----------

I just want to say, independent of whatever OP is all about in his topic:

If you are a dick, and you are banned from the game, then the forces of good HAVE WON.

Deleted
    Well seems that Mage knows the Rules and simply report you for spam

I think it`s deserved, if you had not been such a noob ganking someone and flexing like a moron it wouldn`t have happend.
    *look at me I killed someone in low lvl pvp, /flex /flex /flex, I`m real hardcore /flex /flex*

While it was Spamming.

Getting Suspended for spamming a few /flexes is one of the most spastic things I have ever heard of someone getting banned for in WoW.
    Last edited by Pool of the Dead; 2013-03-22 at 10:13 AM.
    Bow down before our new furry overlords!

Quote Originally Posted by krethos View Post
    While it was Spamming.

Getting Suspended for spamming a few /flexes is on of the most spastic things I have ever heard of someone getting banned for in WoW.
    It was totally not what the OP actually got banned for.

Well this story is obviously nonsense.

1) GMs dont have powers on realms they play on. They definately don't have powers on characters they play. The GM couldn't have whispered you while still logged on his "alt" unless he had two computers playing.

2) It'd be the GMs job on the line if they were suspending people because of personal things happening to their character or to another friends character. You just need another GM to look in to it and it would cause concern.

3) GMs have all their powers without even being logged in now, which is why you don't have the GM characters at GM island anymore so he would have had to have been playing in his free time.

4) Even if a player ticketed a GM there's no way a ticket would be quick enough to ban you while you're still there ganking... unless you've been camping him and /flexing for two days straight, which takes some real dedication.

IF HYPOTHETICALLY this did actually happen, the only way I could really see it having happened is if the player you ganked was (unluckily for you) currently trying to talk to a GM about some other issue but was having a hard time due to all the /flex emotes spamming up his chat.

(though I would have banned you if I was him just for the douchbag macro)
    Last edited by rogueMatthias; 2013-03-22 at 10:35 AM.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Deleted
    this story sounds extremely unlikely.
    First of all is unlikely that spamming award a suspension directly (I got once a "warning" for spam when I was younger and stupider). So at the very least OP has probably a quite a list of infractions so that even a minor one is getting him suspended.

Second I doubt that 4 lines of chat can be considered spam, so it is quite likely that OP spammed that Flex for a very long time impeding normal communication with other players.

This is such a bullshit story. First of I've never heard of anyone getting suspended or banned for spaming, and seeing as the OP ain't giving any pics or copied texts on the matter, it all sounds like a weak attempt on creating a thread that is a couple of pages long. Though I'll bite the bait like so many before me now:

- If you corpsecamped this person on, or extremely close to, a graveyard then that is a banable offense. I remember people getting banned for that when corpsecamping at the graveyard in vanilla.
    - If the above is not the case, and you aren't leaving out "important" pieces of the story for us to sympathize for you getting banned (or suspended?). Then I would strongly advice to email blizzard support.

To all the people who say he was rightfully suspended for spamming the emote. Well, that is pretty much like a guy was shouting in the streets and a police-car came and handcuffed him away. It, will, never, happen. Yes it is annoying, but unless he could be considered a threat, then you just got to accept that some people are retarded and annoying. However, there is an exception: If it's past midnight, especially in a residental zone, then the police would probably take action. I am very sure blizzard has a similar stance.

They have implemented a system that lets you report people who spam. I bet that they throw around suspensions when someone has collected a good portion of these reports.

Quote Originally Posted by ledger View Post
    They have implemented a system that lets you report people who spam. I bet that they throw around suspensions when someone has collected a good portion of these reports.
    Actually, it does make you wonder if there's an automated response and temporary ban if people get enough of these reports.
    BASIC CAMPFIRE for WARCHIEF UK Prime Minister!

Ok so last night i was on my level 28 shaman and i was at the barrens and an alliance mage was running past(lvl 26)
    i killed him and waited for him to come back and killed him again.
    each time i killed him i /flex a few times

out of nowhere i get a msg from a gm telling me he is going to log me out and i am getting suspended.
    i asked him why
    he said he will send me an email.

So i get the email and it says i am getting my account suspended for spamming /flex.
    OMG he couldnt find a good reason to ban me so he bans me for spamming /flex.

Is this right? Can he do that? Or is he just abusing his power?
    i emailed blizzard about it and waiting for reply
    How do you know you was ganking a GM? If you repeatedly camp a person, that person can report you to a GM. So a GM took action. I doubt a GM is allowed to play while working. Given the amount of time it takes to respond to tickets, I doubt they even have time. And if they were playing in their own time, they do not have special powers. It is just a normal account. Like everyone else.

So most likely you just got a regular banned because another player reported you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Viscoe View Post
    So it looked like this?

Mage dies.
    You flex.
    You flex.
    You flex.
    You flex.
    You flex.

(next time)

Mage dies.
    You flex.
    You flex.
    You flex.
    You flex.
    You flex.

^ Because that is spamming.
    Like wtf is wrong with you? Thats not spamming you should get banned for defending someone like that i hate u.

Really spamming flex is a good enough reason for a ban?
    i didnt really spam it i have it on macro. so i clicked it about 5 times.
    i probably killed him 4 or 5 times and each time i did it..
    Its really pissing me off.. As i dont remember his name because i didnt think he was banning me for killhng him.. i thought he was logging me off for another reason until i got the email.
    You spammed flex. Whats the problem? I report people if they spam emotes too. Don't spam.

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 05:45 PM ----------

I report those people everytime too.