Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Tortos 10H as disc priest

How do you guys handle the crystal shells? I am healing with a holy paladin, I started by trying to max the shield on everybody, but atonement doesn't increase that shield, at the end i simply was doing spirit shell/PoM/atonement full time.

We're not doing very well though, so maybe it's not the way to go, because it doesn't top the crystal shells much that way, Cascade is what I use, I've seen logs people use Halo, so I'm a bit confused what should be the disc strategy.. sure I do 80k HPS, but it doesn't mean I do it right.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

To max shields you should be using cascade and PoH(with 5 stack evangilism), Don't bother with PoM(except for pre-cast on stomp/rockfall). Spirit shell before stomp and most of the raid prolly won't even drop their shield buff.
    I'd recommend playing holy for this, but disc is just as capable.

Tell ur pally to focus on tanks and you should handle raid.

I'm going to be healing it soon with a Mistweaver, should I play Disc and leave the shields to him mostly while doing atonement, tank heals and cascade?

Mazi on these forums said on my guide that Halo is amazing for heroic tortos for capping shields. I haven't tried heroic tot yet, but even on normal halo is pretty insane >.>

Deleted
    I spent last night wiping on tortos hc, it seems to be really important to have a dk or a paladin tank here if you are 2 man healing. Paladins seem to be the strongest, here is a video of a prot paladin topping dmg done and healing done, managing his own shield almost by himself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxhfy7l1zEY

However, if you heal along with a paladin, you basicly want him on the tanks while you take care of the raid. The snip attack from the boss, seems to be unblockable, so max stam on the boss tank is key here. The shell can be built to 75% of the players max hp So if he can survive the snip without losing his shell, its alot easier.

I personally used spirit shell to save the crystal buff for one group only (i did melee). If i tried shelling both groups we almost always ended up with both breaking. However melee feels kinda gimp on this fight and i wouldnt recomend having more than 0-2 melees.

Slowing the turtle shells also feels kinda gamebreaking here, if you are able to get 70% slow from a lock its totally worth it.

Sincerly yours, Gottan

Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    Mazi on these forums said on my guide that Halo is amazing for heroic tortos for capping shields. I haven't tried heroic tot yet, but even on normal halo is pretty insane >.>
    I tried it a few times, it is, problem is you kind of have to move to the back of the room every time to do it and tanks were out of range.. but if I do what some people suggested and don't take care of tanks at all, it would work.

Where do you position to get the most out your Halo? I'm having a hard time seeing how it would beat our cascade

Quote Originally Posted by Dorfie View Post
    Where do you position to get the most out your Halo? I'm having a hard time seeing how it would beat our cascade
    I second this, how?

Deleted
    Although i havent killed it yet, i would say stick with cascade, cascade lines up good aswell. For the pull i recomend you attacking the totem to get 5 stacks evangalism before you pull, have your raid take the shield buff asap and use cascade with aa as soon as you see everyone have shield. Then do a couple of PoH's on the raid, then PI + SS. Your cascade will then be up right after the first quake. If you do this right you can have the entire raid keeping the shell buff after the first quake.

Sincerly yours, Gottan

Yeah, Cascade also syncs up really well with AA, think I'll stick to it

Quote Originally Posted by Gottan View Post
    I spent last night wiping on tortos hc, it seems to be really important to have a dk or a paladin tank here if you are 2 man healing. Paladins seem to be the strongest, here is a video of a prot paladin topping dmg done and healing done, managing his own shield almost by himself. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zxhfy7l1zEY
    Actually the resto shaman is tank healing nearly 100% of the time, there is no way the tank can keep his shield up by himself. Bit later in the fight you get a sense for how hectic it can be when the shield does start falling off.

Also I would recommend 3 healing it, we tried for quite a while with 2 healers at first but it worked out so much better with 3. We had innitially switched down to 2 healers because we felt we were behind on dps on adds. But when we optimized our dps distribution we could keep up with it while using 3 healers.

Deleted
    Hi
    Nice thread!!! We made a few attempt on thursday (2 healing it, me as a disc and a sham) but i think we will 3 heal it (with a drood)
    I did exactly like Gottan said anec 100k hps on nearly every tries
    But it's really difficult to handle with tank+ raid so 3 healing it may be easier, especially without a pally

I need advice for the 'turtle kicks'
    I want to do 3 'kicks' beetween each stomp
    - pull/tutle one on boss to kick the boss/turtle 2 on bats/turtle 3 to give the debuffs to the 3 new turttles when they spawn and to the boss as well

Is it the good strategy?
    And with 3 healers, i want to do the 'turtle kicks' by myself or with another healer (one on each side of the room) do you think it can be good?
    A dps will loose dps if he has to handle with the little turtles i think

Anyway, if you have advices i would be pleased! Our comp
    Disci Drood and sham for healing
    Monk and palprot for tanking
    Dps= we have to pick 5 among dk, rogue, hunt, warlock, mage, elem and moonkink

(what is according to you the best dps comp for thie boss??)
    Thanks!!

Deleted
    Hello letizia, i would suggest that for the first round of shells you save one shell, because there will be a breath almost immidiatly after the second turtle wave spawn, so use first shell for breath, then the second one on bats + boss if possible and save one for next breathe. After second wave of turtles are down, you will be able to use 2 of them also, wich means you can keep doing 3 kicksbetween every stomp.

Range dps is very strong on this fight, if i could pick from the classes you listed i would go with hunt, warlock, mage, ele and boomkin. If you want a melee in i would bring the rogue because of good defebsive cds and replace moonkin/ele whoever preform worst.

For healing i would keep shaman on tanks, druid on raid and you on assist, with 3 healer's you should take a more passive role as kicker and help dps during non hectic phases and pw:s people with low shields before quake.

For tanking, keep the paladin on the boss during the entire fight, if he is good at healing himself, he will most likely win healing done.

Sincerly yours, Gottan

Deleted
    We went 3 healers today and killed it, went smooth after we got bats/turtles under control. Our main problem have been slowing turtles (we have no 70% slow). We ended up using huntertraps wich is abit risky though cause of the snare. Anyway, its down =)

We're actually trying now the "neverending bat kiting monk tank" strat and it's going way better, still 2 Healing it, I simply get 5 stacks of evanglism at pull, top everybody's shield and spirit shell every other stomp, cascade to top shields after stomp and do my best to avoid all the crap this encounter is giving on us.

I found 3 Healing it more difficult than 2, but then again we were killing bats then.

I went for mindbender and cascade. Halo was awesome but was draining a lot of mana, and I couldn't keep uptime on solace enough to be competitive with mindbender, this seems to work well. Boss should be down anytime soon as our last try was sub 20%.

Thanks for the tips, was useful, however this is really a fight for HoT classes, so holy must do awesome.

Holy destroys that fight both on normal and heroic. It's fairly disgusting lol

Maybe its just me but I found disc a bit frustrating on this fight. I think I'm going to give holy a whirl on it this week.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by HolyLathusDisc View Post
    Holy destroys that fight both on normal and heroic. It's fairly disgusting lol
    err, unless im reading it wrong, WoL disagrees

Deleted
    It depends on what comp you are running, disc is capable of adding more absorbs than the bubble itself while holy are faster at capping the shields. Also if you dont have a raidhealer, holy will prolly be stronger, if you are doing some focusing on tanks, i would prefer disc.

I actually got the kill last night and I went holy for the kill, it was a lot easier to top off people. Sure shields broke a lot more, but topping people was really easy.

Log for anyone who cares: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/r...?s=4581&e=5101

I could have done it with disc, but we felt it was smoother to keep the raid up. Guess it depends of your healer comp. I gained about 20k HPS by going holy. Then again, just got back to priest healing so maybe I was doing it wrong.