Page 1 of 3
LastLast

Oondasta nerfed HP?

I did a search for this and didn't come up with any results. But, apparently, Oondasta's HP has been nerfed? Just killed him on US - Bleeding Hollow and he was at only 436m HP. I could've sworn he had 872m HP when we killed him yesterday on US - Tichondrius. Am I just going crazy? Or has his HP really been nerfed by 50%?

Yeah on US Aerie Peak his HP is 436m.

Same here on Destromath US. I think it's a stealth nerf to make up for the removal of cross realm or something.

Wow, this is pretty disappointing. So much for "we are prepared for tears." I just don't get why we aren't allowed to have challenges in the open world in WoW.

Deleted
    Yet another failed outdoor raid boss

So much for being "crazy-difficult. If you’re not in an organized Heroic-level raid group and teaming up with other Heroic-level raid groups, you’re going to want to stick to the other world boss, "

2 days after release it gets zerged by LFR-raiders

Blizz should just stop trying to make world bosses, they all sucks since TBC

Quote Originally Posted by Scrubs-go-home View Post
    Yet another failed outdoor raid boss

So much for being "crazy-difficult. If you’re not in an organized Heroic-level raid group and teaming up with other Heroic-level raid groups, you’re going to want to stick to the other world boss, "

2 days after release it gets zerged by LFR-raiders

Blizz should just stop trying to make world bosses, they all sucks since TBC
    Well it's not tuned for 4+ raid groups of level 90s, more like maybe two heroic-geared 25mans.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Can confirm that his HP was nerfed too.

The first spawn today was still 800m, which was my first kill (finally!).
    Then a few hours later the second one spawned and when I heard of this in trade chat, I thought it was a troll.

But seeing him actually spawning again made my jaw drop. And seeing his lowered HP too.

Quote Originally Posted by Menphis View Post
    Can confirm that his HP was nerfed too.

The first spawn today was still 800m, which was my first kill (finally!).
    Then a few hours later the second one spawned and when I heard of this in trade chat, I thought it was a troll.

But seeing him actually spawning again made my jaw drop. And seeing his lowered HP too.
    Yeah, he no longer spawns like galleon it seems.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by MordorFires View Post
    Wow, this is pretty disappointing. So much for "we are prepared for tears." I just don't get why we aren't allowed to have challenges in the open world in WoW.
    Was never much of a challenge in the first place due to most realms having 200-300 people there.

R.I.P Oondasta
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zB4ILH235Q8
    He was doable with one raid group. All you have to do is understand mechanics and be geared.
    Now it will be a joke. His damage will be cut in half due to hp loss, no more one shots from the roar unless you are surrounded by some terrible folks or there is not very many people trying.

Deleted
    Still 800m+ HP in the EU

Quote Originally Posted by Rumblecrush View Post
    Good change
    Agree, it was not challenging boss at all, just pain to do it with bunch of people that can't think for themselves for 2 sec, not to say to deal with lag that comes with it.

Always recruiting exceptional players! Visit http://www.klr-guild.eu/ for more info.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by tanktank View Post
    R.I.P Oondasta
    He was doable with one raid group. All you have to do is understand mechanics and be geared.
    Now it will be a joke. His damage will be cut in half due to hp loss, no more one shots from the roar unless you are surrounded by some terrible folks or there is not very many people trying.
    The problem isn't that he's hard *mechanically*.

The problem is it's hard to play at all when you have 150+ people all trying to zerg him.

First time he spawned I had arranged with the other 10man guilds on my realm to team up for him (and thus be a group of raiders) but the reality is that when we got there, 2 full 40mans of pugs had also showed up.

Unless you're pulling it at like 4am, actually getting to do it without 150 people chaining lightning into your healers/causing unplayable lag is impossible. I can't even do a fraction of my normal DPS because I have 2 FPS until I get 1shot by the first beam he does.

Nerfing HP really doesn't make a boss easier considering he doesn't have an enrage (well as far as I can tell anyway). Just less tedious I guess.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tojara View Post
    Look Batman really isn't an accurate source by any means
    Quote Originally Posted by Hooked View Post
    It is a fact, not just something I made up.

10+ Year Old Account
    I support this fix. I've never really longed for a challenging world bosses. Besides, with 200 people trying to kill him at the same time, I get like 3 FPS and can't really do much anyway. Maybe this will make him more fun and less throwing bodies at him until loot drops.

Quote Originally Posted by tanktank View Post
    R.I.P Oondasta
    Exactly. I did this with 140 people and while epic spent 90%!of the fight graveyard zerging. It bet its not so bad as a ranged class as you can /10 yards but with 30/40 melee so close to his hit box, his beam is a guaranteed one shot no matter how much space you find. Then tanks being wrongly positioned or turning the boss.
    WHEN I POST IN CAPS CURSE SPEAK FOR ALL PALADINS AND REFRAIN FROM PUNCTUATION EXCEPT AT THE END OF MY SENTENCE WHERE I USE EXTRA YOU CAN'T ARGUE WITH MY LOGIC!!!!!!!

Doesn't really matter what they do to him, as soon as he was up, there were people spamming allover the place about him, and you ended up with tons of people on that little island, not even engaging him and ending up at 25FPS down from 120. When you actually engage him you drop to like 3-7FPS and massive server lags, where the game just breaks, and you pressing random buttons, not knowing if they connect or not with the target, no GCDs as they can't even update properly etc.

In essence, the performace and lag are unbearable for anything else but zerging. I got loot yesterday but had to wait like 2 minutes after the guy was dead for it to actually show in my bags. It's just not fun to do it at all and feels like your PC is going to explode, just getting close to that island after the patch where they buffed his spawn rate is madness.

So for all I care they could just make him a 10mio HP guy at least the whole server wouldn't lag out when 200 people go at him.

Deleted
    Good. It was annoying. There was no skill involved anyway, just kite to graveyard > dot it > die > res > dot it > die > loot. Really compelling gameplay...

If you want it challenging wait until the end of the week and make your own super super epix 40 man raid and kill it then, otherwise don't start acting like this change makes such a huge difference when you most likely cheesed the encounter like everyone else.

Oondasta is the new sha of fear. I haven't even seen Nalak and if he drops less than 522 gear, I probably won't bother.