Deleted

Places to go outside Oslo?

Hi, I'm in Oslo right now, just wanted to check out Norway, but I feel like Oslo is too capital-y for me, I want to see some real Norwegian sights. Unfortunately I soon realized Bergen is a 7hour drive from here. Now I don't really know what to do. I have some museums I'll go to, but after that I'm not sure where to go. :P Yes, badly planned trip. Anyone from Oslo/Norway that knows some interesting places to go to with a not too long driving distance?

10+ Year Old Account
    10 Suggestions Outside Oslo

200 Things to do in and around Oslo

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 08:47 AM ----------

Mother Fudging Vikings!
    Last edited by Twisted Spirit; 2013-03-26 at 08:49 AM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Twisted Spirit View Post
    10 Suggestions Outside Oslo

200 Things to do in and around Oslo

---------- Post added 2013-03-26 at 08:47 AM ----------

Mother Fudging Vikings!
    Awesome, thanks dude.

Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Hi, I'm in Oslo right now, just wanted to check out Norway, but I feel like Oslo is too capital-y for me, I want to see some real Norwegian sights. Unfortunately I soon realized Bergen is a 7hour drive from here. Now I don't really know what to do. I have some museums I'll go to, but after that I'm not sure where to go. :P Yes, badly planned trip. Anyone from Oslo/Norway that knows some interesting places to go to with a not too long driving distance?

You should go watch the guard shift change at the castle also visit Akershus Festning both free activitys and should be experienced when in oslo.. also there is Per Gynts Park wich is a nice park to see.

Deleted
    So I just realized that Bergen is a 7-hour drive from Oslo, and there seems to be no gigantic fjords in eastern Norway, so I'm pretty dissapointed by that. Is there any large fjords like that that's not as far away from Oslo?

10+ Year Old Account
    A 7 hour drive doesn't sound too horrible, and I bet you go through some pretty amazing countryside.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Reeve View Post
    A 7 hour drive doesn't sound too horrible, and I bet you go through some pretty amazing countryside.
    Problem is that I have booked my hotel in Oslo, so driving there would make me lose about 70 USD for nothing since I would probably have to stay in Bergen for the night. Then I'd have to add further hotel costs. Then there's the drive home back to my own hometown which from Oslo alone takes 7 hours as well. I could take the 50-minute flight, but again, that's about 126 USD back and forth, and my budget is very thin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Tomatketchup View Post
    Problem is that I have booked my hotel in Oslo, so driving there would make me lose about 70 USD for nothing since I would probably have to stay in Bergen for the night. Then I'd have to add further hotel costs. Then there's the drive home back to my own hometown which from Oslo alone takes 7 hours as well. I could take the 50-minute flight, but again, that's about 126 USD back and forth, and my budget is very thin.
    A 7 hour drive each way would likely cost you that much in gas too. You could probably cancel the hotel reservation, but if your budget is tight I guess it's tight. Too bad, I bet the drive is stunning.
    'Twas a cutlass swipe or an ounce of lead
    Or a yawing hole in a battered head
    And the scuppers clogged with rotting red
    And there they lay I damn me eyes
    All lookouts clapped on Paradise
    All souls bound just contrarywise, yo ho ho and a bottle of rum!

15+ Year Old Account
    Simple answer, Sweden.
    Visiting the Oslo tourism board homepage should probably provide you with some ideas
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.