Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    Open the window and wring their little necks. There are some great British recipes for pigeon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Rat poison

Deleted
    So, you've got bleech all over your balcony.

Doesn't really give an indication you want to use it yourself, so what the fuck do you care if there's pigeons on your balcony?

Tell your house mate lank to stop throwing the product on them.

Anyone!? Anyone!?!!!?
    http://thingsihaveneverdone.wordpress.com
    Just started my 24/7 LoFi stream. Come listen!
    https://youtu.be/3uv1pLbpQM8

Deleted
    what you do is knob off, dont build a large building that has many ledges simulating cliff faces and caves the natural home of a beautiful coastal bird, then dont dump food all over the streets, crap everywhere live in a filthy city causing parasites to be easily transferred between a population of birds that have everything given to them, clean the filthy city with harmful chemicals resulting in the poor doves feet getting destroyed, then calling them flying rats when in actual fact they are victims of our carelessness.

Quote Originally Posted by strombae View Post
    what you do is knob off, dont build a large building that has many ledges simulating cliff faces and caves the natural home of a beautiful coastal bird, then dont dump food all over the streets, crap everywhere live in a filthy city causing parasites to be easily transferred between a population of birds that have everything given to them, clean the filthy city with harmful chemicals resulting in the poor doves feet getting destroyed, then calling them flying rats when in actual fact they are victims of our carelessness.
    Euh yeh, so you welcome cockroaches and take care of them as well? While you're feeding the spiders and mice walking everywhere in your house as well

Your post contains no information that is useful to anyone in this thread and, consequently, is off-topic. Keep your rants where they belong: Elsewhere.
    Grand Crusader Belloc <-- 6608 Endless Tank Proving Grounds score! (
    Dragonslayer Kooqu

Quote Originally Posted by vizzle View Post
    Winged cats obviously
    100%

I had my cat put down several months ago- kidney failure, and even through the palliative care she was suffering, so it was time.

Now, I have mice. My dogs get them occasionally, but nothing destroys pests like a cat. They are the cutest little murderballs!

The Unstoppable Force
    15+ Year Old Account
    Where Thrall and the Horde needs me to be
    Quote Originally Posted by Rukentuts View Post
    I believe this may do the trick.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Phalanx_CIWS
    Not big enough... Needs moar dakka!

---------- Post added 2013-03-22 at 10:10 PM ----------

Since when did a pigeon become a "coastal bird"?, not talking about sea gulls here. Feral Pigeons like the ones the OP mentions are derived from domesticated pigeons that have returned to the wild. The last time it was a proper coastal bird was in 1789.

Amazing sig, done by mighty Lokann

Quote Originally Posted by Verain View Post
    Now, I have mice. My dogs get them occasionally, but nothing destroys pests like a cat. They are the cutest little murderballs!
    believe it or not, a pet rat is extremely effective deterrent for mice
    Quote Originally Posted by TradewindNQ View Post
    The fucking Derpship has crashed on Herp Island...
    Quote Originally Posted by Wells View Post
    Meet the new derp.

Same as the old derp.

Quote Originally Posted by Waaldo View Post
    How has no one said rice?
    Just feed then a ton of rice.
    So is it true that the rice grains swell up inside the pigeon's stomach until they explode?
    (pics or it didn't happen)
    My Gaming Setup | WoW Paladin (retired)

"This is not a dress. This is a sacred robe of the ancient psychedelic monks."

Shoot them. Thats the easiest way. A .22 should do fine.
    The nerve is called the "nerve of awareness". You cant dissect it. Its a current that runs up the center of your spine. I dont know if any of you have sat down, crossed your legs, smoked DMT, and watch what happens... but what happens to me is this big thing goes RRRRRRRRRAAAAAWWW! up my spine and flashes in my brain... well apparently thats whats going to happen if I do this stuff...

I would take pigeons over the fucking crows I have to put up with daily, oh nature how I hate thee

15+ Year Old Account
    Get a bird of prey. Train it to hunt pigeons and not shit on your balcony. Enjoy a poopfree balcony.

Quote Originally Posted by Madderdin View Post
    Why is he a terrible person? He has a problem with vermin infestation, pigeons mostly just shit allover the place and thats it. Every city has problems with them, they mostly solve it by putting Bird Control Spikes around the areas they want to protect.
    Because he wants to kill the animal in an unnecessarily cruel way?

Bleach?

Quote Originally Posted by Fargus View Post
    Because he wants to kill the animal in an unnecessarily cruel way?

Bleach?
    The smell of the bleach is to deter them. Do you expect them to soak up dried Bleach from their feet?......

On a more serious and logical note... It's hard to say what to do in your situation since you may live in a city or rural area. If it was me at home, Id blast them with my shotgun, which I've done in the past. Another more serious note is some Rat Poison. If your home, wait till there out there, put out a bowl with bird feed and poison, then as you say they fly right back, when they are done feeding you then take back the bowl as to not harm other flying by birds.

But If you cant kill them, I've heard tricks of throwing water on them, getting an owl type statue toy to deter.

As you said they're rats with wings, best of luck.