Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Does anyone remember the nervous rush when PVPing ?

I don't

After years of pvp your blood turns to ice and you slowly become aware that even if it were real life, you could kill a man without blinking an eye. To remember what it was like to be noob is like expecting a serial killer to remember the days before he started eating people.

10+ Year Old Account
    I still get that kinda feeling from time to time during more intense matches. Edit: Aaaannnd... interesting choice of analogy...

been gone since wotlk

Deleted
    I only ever get it when Im on a huge killing spree now, everything else is just meh

15+ Year Old Account
    I still get those when leveling low level and doing PvP, at least I did cos I havent tested the new stream lined low lvl brackets.
    You stepped into a bg and scanned peoples levels knowing that those 3 would buttrap you but those other 2 you could actually beat
    But soon after Mr Xi secured a third term, Apple released a new version of the feature in China, limiting its scope. Now Chinese users of iPhones and other Apple devices are restricted to a 10-minute window when receiving files from people who are not listed as a contact. After 10 minutes, users can only receive files from contacts.
    Apple did not explain why the update was first introduced in China, but over the years, the tech giant has been criticised for appeasing Beijing.

The Lightbringer
    10+ Year Old Account
    When I'm passing out judgement on unworthy horde.
    You cared enough to post.

10+ Year Old Account
    I dont play anymore, but I always had that feeling when stepping into the arena with my lads
    That was the reason I did it, raiding didn't do that much for me, only at the final 5% at a boss we'd been struggling with for weeks or something..
    I like juice

Deleted
    I get it every time I PVP, ESPECIALLY W-PvP, it's brilliant xD I used to get it in Raiding but it's been a long time since that happened:/

Quote Originally Posted by noo View Post
    After years of pvp your blood turns to ice and you slowly become aware that even if it were real life, you could kill a man without blinking an eye.
    This is the proof that excessive gaming does terrible things to kids' minds.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by noo View Post
    I don't

After years of pvp your blood turns to ice and you slowly become aware that even if it were real life, you could kill a man without blinking an eye. To remember what it was like to be noob is like expecting a serial killer to remember the days before he started eating people.

After years of playing a video game you gain psychopathic tendencies? My guess is you've never even received a punch in the face thanks to living a sheltered middle class lifestyle in a developed country. You're so far removed from violence that the only idea you have of it is in your own imagination.

I love these forums. Made my day.

OT: I still get it when i take the usual 1-2 months breaks from playing, but it's gone in 15-20 minutes. It all comes back to you, just like riding a bike.
    "The best argument against democracy is a five minute scroll through twitter." - Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    you've never even received a punch in the face thanks to living a sheltered middle class lifestyle in a developed country. You're so far removed from violence that the only idea you have of it is in your own imagination.

Priceless

Quote Originally Posted by Srg56 View Post
    After years of playing a video game you gain psychopathic tendencies? My guess is you've never even received a punch in the face thanks to living a sheltered middle class lifestyle in a developed country. You're so far removed from violence that the only idea you have of it is in your own imagination.

OT: I still get it when i take the usual 1-2 months breaks from playing, but it's gone in 15-20 minutes. It all comes back to you, just like riding a bike.
    That was indeed quite an immature thing for the OP to post. Killing someone in real life is no way near killing random pixelated characters in game.

OT: Haven't played MoP yet but I do remember getting this feeling during the start of AV. Especially during vanilla wow when it used to go on for hours. And later on when levelling via BGs (WSG in particular comes to mind)

Deleted
    I remember it. My heart beats really hard whenever I find myself dueling anyone. Of course, I mainly play GW2 these days. And the combat is miles more intense, in my opinion.

Get over yourselves adolescent WoW forum maturity police (Finarfin, Srg, ect). If anything you're proof that reddit has ruined the internet. I wish you people would just stay there with your sanctimonious 'upboating'.

10+ Year Old Account
    I do get that nervous rush where the heart rate speeds up and your hand is all shakey on the mouse, I never really did enjoy it but I guess I need to get used to it.

Arenas and RBGs for me I still get that feeling, especially when not knowing how good the other players are.

My heart raced when I first entered BGs/Arena. The sensation faded by the end of the week.

World PvP is another story. I have always, and likely will always get a rush when attacking an equally geared/skilled player out in the world.

Likely why I'm such an advocate of world PvP.

I used to get a rush whenever I pushed for rating in Arena, close games and cross-kills would actually make my heart pound. Nowadays I only really get a rush if I am against someone I know or an e-famous player.

Quote Originally Posted by Snuggli View Post
    I used to get a rush whenever I pushed for rating in Arena, close games and cross-kills would actually make my heart pound. Nowadays I only really get a rush if I am against someone I know or an e-famous player.
    Yea my heart was pounding here.

That music... I heard it somewhere before... argh! I can't remember which game it was!

Edit: Goldeneye, I remembered!

On topic, I remember playing a 5v5 match against a 2200+ team in Lich King. My hands were shaking after that intense match. Good times.
    Last edited by Mithfir; 2013-03-22 at 11:07 PM.