Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Something something about Android controlling the entire Asian market.
    GL with any company that doesn't release a game into that pool of pure money.

Edit: MY RANK IS NOW MECHAGNOME AFTER 2 YEARS. BEHOLD!
    Last edited by Oxyra; 2013-03-22 at 04:38 PM.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    They are looking at adding support for additional platforms apparently. So I'd expect an Android version at some point
    Dont get your hopes up. Magic the Gather Duels of the Planeswalkers 2013 was supposed to get an Android release too.

Dont need to tell you how that turned out.

Problem is transitioning from C (iOS) to Java/Dalvin (Android) and I'm sure the blizzard devs are much more comfortable with C.
    It took Facebook almost 3 years to make a native java application for Android, couldn't imagine what a game would take. . .Angry Birds and Plants v. Zombies did it, but their devs are dedicated to mobile game development.

http://www.baldursgate.com/

#WaitingOnAndroid

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 12:46 AM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Linkedblade View Post
    Problem is transitioning from C (iOS) to Java/Dalvin (Android) and I'm sure the blizzard devs are much more comfortable with C.
    It took Facebook almost 3 years to make a native java application for Android, couldn't imagine what a game would take. . .Angry Birds and Plants v. Zombies did it, but their devs are dedicated to mobile game development.
    The irony of that is, that even though Apple is awful, they used the superior format for games on their iPad. You'd think that an Android system would simply support both though, but apparently nope.
    Updating my signature from my WoD characters.

Yikes.

Probably better than you, probably also a casual these days. Go on, keep being elitist.

Blizzard has a very big mobile department now and have been growing it for some time, im sure they know how to code for Android and can get this released on the platform in a little time, as someone was saying fragmentation and secruity is an issue, well it isn't a real issue. Android even when rooted with superuser commands won't really be able to hack or cheat since the card packs will be online and server side and im sure the save progress will be server side so that doesn't seem to be much of an issue.
    "I hated hating Garrosh before it was cool."
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Probably it will released on Android (and Windows tablet) later. With the Mobile app they released it first on iOS as well. I'm only guessing they will do the same with Hearthstone too.

Wel, since the specifically mentioned iPad, they are most certainly trying to cater to less informed larger audience. Also, I would expect them to bring it to Android, the only mentioned iPad to make the investors happy.
    That makes no sense. The thing that would make investors happy is if they announced it's available to the entire tablet market instead of only half of it.

While I'm hopeful they will make an Android table version, I'm not holding my breath. If they were going to do it, they wouldn't have alienated the android users this morning.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Vale View Post
    That makes no sense. The thing that would make investors happy is if they announced it's available to the entire tablet market instead of only half of it.

While I'm hopeful they will make an Android table version, I'm not holding my breath. If they were going to do it, they wouldn't have alienated the android users this morning.
    Sounds a little overdramatic, i took it as not announcing android this morning because they had to already announce ipad ver. would be later. It wouldn't sound good to say Android would be even later rather than make it a good announcement when they announce it will be coming to android soon (once the ipad version is out)
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

When they say "ipad" do they actually mean iOS, or just ipad?

Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post
    Im sure just ipad due to screen size of the phones, the app will be optimized only for tablet.
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

Problem is that most WoW players are older than teens, so they use real phone, not cheap, boxed in Apple stuff (no offense to the millions of Mac players out there). Many adults simply prefer open sourced formats like Android over IOS because Apple tries to make you use only Apple products on their systems. An Android edition of Hearthstone would probably increase profits for Blizzard so yes they would most likely do it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreyo View Post

probably just ipad, i think a phone screen may be too small to really play it .

Android would be nice, and considering how big the market share is, it would be a little sad. Anyone know for phones?

Deleted
    Would love to see this on Android. I have the nexus which is a 4.6? inch screen, and I'm sure it would be big enough.

I really hope they do bring it to Android because I just bought a Nexus 7 a few months ago and haven't used it much so this would be a great reason to use it more often. Please Blizz!

I think this will be on Android but only for tablets. I cant imagine running this on smartphone even with bigger screen.

Quote Originally Posted by Mamut View Post
    I think this will be on Android but only for tablets. I cant imagine running this on smartphone even with bigger screen.
    http://www.christianpost.com/news/sa...l-black-91214/

The Note 8 xD
    FOR THE HORDE!!!

For me Note its just tablet. Im talking about smarphones like HTC Sensation, Samsung S3 etc.

I'd love to play this game on a tablet but there's no way I'm buying an iPad just for this game.

It's being released on pc and Mac first