Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by skycaptain View Post
    Why not implement this on World of Warcraft, just like your got Barcraft in Starcraft? Wouldn't it be better? More players, they could easily make something like items ingame that help tcg and vice versa
    How do you figure on that being more players? Number of Owners of PCs + iPads > People Who WoW, no?

Just doesn't seem to be any disadvantage to it being a separate game; they can still tie it into WoW with item code rewards and the like.

10+ Year Old Account
    Because it's difficult to play WoW on a tablet. This is completely designed to be played on mobile devices. Not to mention the F2P stuff that everyone else has.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    It wouldn't be F2P, for one, and for two, I think it would complicate an already huge and daunting game for someone new to it. On top of leveling and questing and dungeons and raiding and achievements and PvP and dailies we have a full trading card game? No.
    i don't see any technical reason why it couldn't be integrated into WoW as a mini AND kept as a separate F2P game available to all. And it would provide alternate loot that isn't gear, another way to pass the time in game, act as a source of quests and collectibles akin to Pet Battles, could be integrated into crafting/Inscription, allow for a gold sink via dedicated card shops....

Would there be a danger that the game would become TOO identified with WoW? Possibly. That players would resent the idea, right or wrong, that you need WoW to get the best cards? Possibly.

Will it happen? Certainly be interesting. But while possible, it might require too much work for too little gain.

EJL

Quote Originally Posted by Amenman View Post
    Because then it wouldnt be F2P, you would have to have a active sub to play.
    Make it both. WoW Addon and Stand Alone game. And with some pets you can win for WoW playing it.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Elemental Lord
    15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by UnifiedDivide View Post
    If they just added this to WoW, I'd be less likely to play it tbh. It's F2P, I don't want to have to subscribe to one game JUST to play another when there should be no reason for it. It would be a ridiculous move by Blizzard. It also limits how many people play it. Terrible idea.
    There is a difference between adding it to WOW and WoW alone and having it as a standalone game that is also integrated into WoW.

The former is not going to happen. There appears to be some debate as to whether the latter is going to happen and, if so, to what degree.

EJL

Blizzard want to expand their market, if this was in wow it would attract less people, because you have to play for wow, than if it was a whole new thing. Also this will work on a tablet while WoW doesnt.
    Also im sure its easier to do a whole new thing for this rather than have to add all this to wow, change wow interface, have a new zone for it, etc.

It doesn't necessarily have to be in World of Warcraft but I'd like to see some more association between the two. i.e. receiving an exclusive battle pet in WoW for completing this certain achievement in Hearthstone

Makes a hell of a lot more profit as a standalone.

Field Marshal
    15+ Year Old Account
    Simply put, Blizzard is targeting mobile gaming through tablets. Can't do that through WoW (as of now)

Deleted
    Because it won't be able to be free to play if it is built in. I really like the idea to not have it built in. Would love if pet battle was aswell.

Quote Originally Posted by Ares66 View Post
    clearly targetting the "facebook/ipad" gamers.

those who are playing, angry birds, plants vs zombies etc.
    You get that "gamers" play lots of different games right? Just because I game on my pc doesn't mean I don't play PvZ on my way home, or the odd facebook game when I have a couple minutes spare and cbf doing anything else.

Gamer elitism really gets us nowhere.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Talen View Post
    i don't see any technical reason why it couldn't be integrated into WoW as a mini AND kept as a separate F2P game available to all. And it would provide alternate loot that isn't gear, another way to pass the time in game, act as a source of quests and collectibles akin to Pet Battles, could be integrated into crafting/Inscription, allow for a gold sink via dedicated card shops....

Would there be a danger that the game would become TOO identified with WoW? Possibly. That players would resent the idea, right or wrong, that you need WoW to get the best cards? Possibly.

Will it happen? Certainly be interesting. But while possible, it might require too much work for too little gain.

EJL
    Well, your last sentence more or less answered the question. It'd be a lot of extra work developing the whole game from scratch as a part of the WoW interface on top of developing it as a stand-alone game, and the gains from the demographic "I play WoW; I want to play Hearthstone on my PC; I don't want to open an additional window for Hearthstone if I have WoW up" would most likely be microscopic.

Considering how battle.net connected everything is these days, we don't need it to be a part of WoW for rewards to transfer across games anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    As a roleplayer, I'm interested in this being an in-character 'thing'. Y'know? Maybe stage duels as friendly competitions between the actual characters via RID. Stuff like that.
    Steve Irwin died the same way he lived. With animals in his heart.

I may be very wrong but I think that the whole idea is to be a new standalone project because:
    They have their own Team 5 of developers for this, their job is to make this game a success. From the perspective of the team that it is, but for Blizzard this is much more, this is valuable for Blizzard because, they need to try:
    - f2p market.
    - mobile market
    - small scale sized team

This team has its objectives clear (for example the iOS port isn't near to be ready, the integration of accounts and the App store is a problem that they haven't figured, they want you to have the same id and collection in both pc and iOS but it is hard to deal with the App store rules) and while there could be something into the future like adding rewards for the people that like both, or if it doesn't hold its own, maybe give it a push by making an extra client within the game, it is clear that this is not what they are thinking right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Dante Vale View Post
    Think outside the box a little bit, be creative, and you might realize that there are a lot of things they can do if there is an in-game interface that links your wow acct to a hearthstone account. Things like duels inside an inn with spectator mode for nearby players, realm leagues and tournaments, in-game titles and achievements, the possibilities really make it a no-brainer to try.
    There are two problems with this "amazing" idea of yours: there is nothing here that cannot be done with the standalone client. Second if you try to make some really good feature that only works within the WoW client, then it isn't f2p anymore, it becomes freemium: You can get your cards outside however you want , very cool BUT to get this amazing feature you need to have pay the $15 monthly fee that will give you our amazing WoW, that we know you aren't interested but who cares. Then you make the f2p players even if they pay for cards, second class citizens in your game. Talking about bad business.

Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Because it won't be able to be free to play if it is built in. I really like the idea to not have it built in. Would love if pet battle was aswell.
    Come on people, to have a good conversation you have to make a little effort to, obviously this is about having 1 extra client that works within the game, not removing those that are already being devoloped.

All this said, I would like in the future that pet battles get deeper and a stand alone client, maybe even getting new pets that you only can get if you play it in your iphone.

I would love to see in WoW more mini-games that are time sinks so I don't need to have a physical form of myself anymore, heck I would love that instead of playing fb games created by bad developers, all this people could play the Blizzard version of those mini-games, that the whole world would had a reason to be in WoW (too much fanboy?), but Hearthstone isn't that.

Pokemon and Yu-gi-oh in 1 game? I'll pass!

Deleted
    Pokemon and Yu-Gi-Oh... WoW!

I can imagine some kind of integration in the sense that, say, you win quite a few games in Hearthstone, you're mailed some kind of cosmetic item in WoW, that's it really.
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    next let u play football or soccer ingame like Warhammer has

Personally I think that's sliding too far down the slippery slope

Well..we do have a plants vs zombies quest....
    Quote Originally Posted by Clempson View Post
    This thread is making me giggle in places I never knew I can giggle.