Can you play specifically against friends?

This is a simple question, and it could've been very easily mentioned and I just missed it (loud trucks driving past me for half the video), can you play specifically against friends?

I heard them say they have systems for playing against random people and A.I. and such, but I didn't hear anything about a friends list, or being able to say to someone, "Hey, let's you and me play a game!" Maybe I missed it...

Did they mention anything like that?

10+ Year Old Account
    I didn't hear any specifics but I'd be appalled if your bnet friends list wasn't usable for games together.

maybe you will able to play against friends with the battle net interface, request duel or something like that

If they don't allow you to play against specific friends, they're really missing a trick

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Elaris View Post
    If they don't allow you to play against specific friends, they're really missing a trick
    Which I can't imagine Blizzard doing. The whole new battletag system was implemented (in part) so games like this could make use of it. I fully expect them to encourage people to play against their battle.net friends, since that's the fastest way to get more people to try the game.

10+ Year Old Account
    With their Battle.net system the way it is in all of their other games I don't see how they couldn't have this work. I imagine you'll be able to send a "duel" request to other people currently online and have them respond.
    “The rains have ceased, and we have been graced with another beautiful day. But you are not here to see it.”

I suck really badly at games like this, so I'm hoping I'll be able to play it with friends so at least I don't mind losing so much. Kinda like pet battles. I'm also hoping they don't let people talk to one another in random matchmaking games. I'm aware that I'm a sucky player, I don't want to have my nose rubbed in to that fact.

Pretty sure they mentioned battle.net matching, so I imagine you will be able to

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ninotchka View Post
    I'm also hoping they don't let people talk to one another in random matchmaking games. I'm aware that I'm a sucky player, I don't want to have my nose rubbed in to that fact.
    From what they showed you can use emotes to communicate with your opponent, so my guess is Blizz saw that exact problem coming and made sure that you can't chat with someone unless you are allready battle.net buddies, thus preventing the verbal griefing.

Deleted
    They definitely didn't mention it in the announcement but I'd be super super shocked if you couldn't play against a chosen partner - maybe it won't count for unlocking certain things though, since then people could lose deliberately?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamanic View Post
    They definitely didn't mention it in the announcement but I'd be super super shocked if you couldn't play against a chosen partner - maybe it won't count for unlocking certain things though, since then people could lose deliberately?
    Blizzard is well versed in the ways of the cheater and scammer, so I'm sure they'll have taken that into account. Besides there's no particular need to make playing against your friends lucrative. You do that for fun, and then do the other matches to get cards. Seems the logical and fair way.

Deleted
    Since they will use battle.net for it it's hard to imagine that it wouldn't be possible. You never know though.
    Last edited by mmoc9bca5565b2; 2013-03-22 at 05:22 PM. Reason: typo

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Bashiok confirmed that you can play against your friends.

"Yup! You'll be able to chat with your Battle.net friends (BattleTag or RealID) in-game, as well as challenge them! (and summarily trounce them)" (Source)

Deleted
    I think playing vs your friends is a massive deal when it comes to selling packs of cards. Ripping into your mate about how much he got his ass kicked is more fun than ripping into some random internet dude.

Quote Originally Posted by sykke View Post
    Bashiok confirmed that you can play against your friends.

"Yup! You'll be able to chat with your Battle.net friends (BattleTag or RealID) in-game, as well as challenge them! (and summarily trounce them)" (Source)
    haha, that just shows how important it is to explain everything to the last bit. Maybe they thought it was so obvious that they didn't even bother to talk about it.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ichinisan View Post
    haha, that just shows how important it is to explain everything to the last bit. Maybe they thought it was so obvious that they didn't even bother to talk about it.
    It's in their FAQ, so they explained it, people just have to know where to look - or ask the CMs