Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    He isn't an orc, he's half orc, half ogre.
    As they call themselves: Mok'Nathal.

I'm pretty sure the icons you see now are just placeholders. Probably you can choose one of the pre-defined portrets or maybe even your own WoW character as portret in the process.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeror View Post
    I'm pretty sure the icons you see now are just placeholders. Probably you can choose one of the pre-defined portrets or maybe even your own WoW character as portret in the process.
    That's definitely not the case, as each of the heroes has specific abilities, animations, and even voice acting.

They'll almost certainly add more, but right now the heroes are:

Warrior: Garrosh Hellscream
    Shaman: Thrall
    Rogue: Valeera Sanguinar
    Paladin: Uther the Lightbringer
    Hunter: Rexxar
    Druid: Malfurion Stormrage
    Warlock: Gul'dan
    Mage: Jaina Proudmoore
    Priest: Anduin Wrynn
    Last edited by Kathranis; 2013-03-23 at 02:07 PM.

Deleted
    We've been told that for now those nine heroes are all we're getting. I would prefer Garona over Valeera but I guess the list is not completely set in stone yet. But I can see potential future expansions:
    -Monk - Chen Stormstout
    -Death Knight - Arthas

Maybe even one day we can get one hero per class per faction - so for example, Varian in addition to Garrosh as a warrior, Hemet Nessingwary as hunter or Liadrin as paladin.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    -Death Knight - Arthas
    I'm not so sure about this one. I mean it would make sense in some ways, but when I think of Arthas I think of the Lich King, and not of a DK. I think a possible Lich King card would potentially be more interesting then using him as the DK hero. Then again, who would you use for the DK hero if not Arthas? Mograine might not be well known enough. Hmm, maybe they'll just take the easy way out and pretend there's actually a difference between Arthas the DK and Arthas the Lich King.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    that hunter is rexxar

---------- Post added 2013-03-23 at 02:32 PM ----------

Quote Originally Posted by Janysa View Post
    Think they are goin to redo this.
    e.g. rexxar as hunter hero seams not that legit for me. hes not even usin' a rangeweapon. havin a pet doesn't makes u a hunter.
    i would consider him a hunter despite him not using a bow. he dual wields axes and his spells (back in warcraft 3 bonus campaign) were all hunter-esq. he had misha, could summon a quilboar, and his ultimate was stampede

10+ Year Old Account
    For a rogue hero I expected Garona or Mathias Shaw. The depicted one on the screenshot is Valeera Sanguinar, one of Varian's old friends.
    Hunter hero on screenshot is Rexxar, but I can't think of a better hunter at the moment... Sylvanas maybe?

I still hope we can choose more than just the listed heroes.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Arrowstorm View Post
    He's more a hunter than anyone else. Hunters need a cooler icon hero, they should introduce one in the next expansion.
    let it be troll.

Hunter should be Nathanos Blightcaller.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by xskarma View Post
    I'm not so sure about this one. I mean it would make sense in some ways, but when I think of Arthas I think of the Lich King, and not of a DK. I think a possible Lich King card would potentially be more interesting then using him as the DK hero. Then again, who would you use for the DK hero if not Arthas? Mograine might not be well known enough. Hmm, maybe they'll just take the easy way out and pretend there's actually a difference between Arthas the DK and Arthas the Lich King.
    Well, in the most recent WoW TCG blocks they have Arthas as an "Alliance Hero - Human Death Knight" and the Lich King (Ner'zhul ver.) as a "Monster Hero - Spirit Death Knight", in addition to older cards depicting the Lich King (Arthas ver.) as a "Scourge Master Hero - Lich King".

Since Hearthstone is evidentally drawing heroes and minions from all generations of Warcraft, I don't think there's anything wrong with having Arthas Menethil as the DK. He's easily the most iconic DK, anyway.

Deleted
    The bolded part is my reasoning. Arthas is simply THE iconic Death Knight. No other gets even close to him. Just drop a portrait and voice from WC3 era.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Arridor View Post
    The bolded part is my reasoning. Arthas is simply THE iconic Death Knight. No other gets even close to him. Just drop a portrait and voice from WC3 era.
    *Cough* Teron Gorefiend *cough*.
    Quote Originally Posted by Boubouille View Post
    Trolling will result in the loss of your forum posting privileges, and the removal of your genitals with my teeth while I hum Oasis songs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Valanna View Post
    *Cough* Teron Gorefiend *cough*.
    Meh, not exactly the kind of DK that we've come to know in the game since then. He's in a category of his own, really.

15+ Year Old Account
    Teron Gorefiend is arguably more like an undead Warlock than an orc Death Knight, going by modern WoW conventions. Of course, he does have a hero orc DK card in the CZE game.

Am I the only one who wants Koltira as the DK?

suspecting the answer is yes, slinks back into hiding
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    Am I the only one who wants Koltira as the DK?

suspecting the answer is yes, slinks back into hiding
    He's not very iconic. He's on the list of possible DK's, but he's rather unknown Alliance side. Alliance has Thassarian, who's in the same boat of "known, but not iconic"

Then again with Anduin being the Priest, iconicness is not a requisite at all times it seems.

Deleted
    Then again with Anduin being the Priest, iconicness is not a requisite at all times it seems.
    I did react to this aswell. Mainly because I always thought he was a Paladin (Yea I know I am way off )

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    I did react to this aswell. Mainly because I always thought he was a Paladin
    Nope, been a priest (trainee) since early Cata. He does Powerword: Shield on his dad in a questline to start Twilight Highlands questing Alliance side.

Deleted
    Nope, been a priest (trainee) since early Cata. He does Powerword: Shield on his dad in a questline to start Twilight Highlands questing Alliance side.
    Oh, I can blame that I am playing horde then

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kerdoz View Post
    Oh, I can blame that I am playing horde then
    I only knew because I read The Shattering >> Also a horde player
    S (moderator)
    P (WoW Gen, Pets/Mog/Ach, Fun/Chat Zone)
    L (guidelines*)
    E (WoW gen rules*)
    N (my art*)
    D (Pikachu BEST Pokemon)
    A (Sensational™)